• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anthlenv

Oct 27, 2017
I use a MacBook Air and my iPad mostly at home and my phone when out and about. I gave up on gaming with all the micro transactions and such. meh

Nov 8, 2017
The very best phones and tablets don't even come close to the practicality of using a PC.

If I'm at home, I almost never use my phone or tablet. I even use WhatsApp on my PC. Typing on a touchscreen sucks.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm not even gaming lately and I still use my pc for browsing and listening to music, it's just much more comfortable on a pc than a tablet.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Everything I do on my computer is just a significantly worse experience on a mobile or tablet except for I guess reading/manga.

Imagining doing anything without a super quick Alt+Tab is insane to me, swiping a screen just doesn't give the control I need and runs like shit compared to just any scrap PC.

Hell my main PC's set up to two TVs, with the HMDI being split to my bedroom TV and livingroom TV in addition to my bedroom computer monitor on another video input, with as well an accessible USB hub extended to each room.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mainly use my PC just for gaming. For other media and browsing I prefer to use my laptop or iPad on my bed or couch. I only ever use my phone for messaging / calls and internet browsing if I'm outside my house.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I use my Mac for long format text work or academic research because big screen + good keyboard is just miles superior than any mobile solution and my gaming PC for the occasional gaming session.

For anything else that is not watching movies or shows (that's the TVs job), iPad i.e. I'm exclusively using it for my Mandarin learning needs, reading and note taking. Being able to comfortably change positions or whip out the pencil for different needs is great and something not replicable on a stationary machine. OSK is more than good enough for when I need it. But again, you'd have to pay me an awful lot of money to do any long format text stuff on an iPad. I don't know how some people can pull it off or even explicitly prefer it over a desktop at home.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
I browse a lot on my phone but otherwise my pc is still what I use the most. For gaming yes, but also for image editing and whatever else kind of work I want it to do. I don't even watch television or even own a television anymore - my pc is the greatest entertainment machine and I can put it to serious work if I want.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
In combo with my oled tv is my main media center for music, film, series, web browsing etc, so i use it a lot.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
Phone: shitty keyboard, small-ass screen, shitty OS
Laptop: great keyboard, great screen(s), best OS

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
No. I don't own a phone and I use my Desktop PC for the majority of my entertainment (youtube, PC gaming, PCVR, sound system/music via youtube), to the point where most of my consoles sit disused and my old entertainment system circa 2006-2011 is used by the rest of my family instead. My Vita gets my 2nd most use, and only for Tekken 6 PSP. Followed by my PS4, but also only for PSVR on occasion.

the_bromo_tachi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Yes. Even outside of work, I'm using it to read ebooks, code, and just browse the internet at times. Bigger screen, being able to multitask, better sound quality, etc. Everythjng is just better on a pc/Mac.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I use my tablet when I'm in the family room, but I mostly use my PC for surfing the web. 100% of all mobile websites are garbage. If I'm on my phone, the first thing I have to do is "Show Desktop Version". Then there's the chair, the headphones, the Oculus Rift, my guitar plugged into my computer, etc...