• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
I drink but don't smoke/never tried weed.

Really love beer and red wine. Hardly drink hard liquor, sometimes I'll get a moscow mule if I want something sweet.

Riley

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I've never had an interest in either.. I rarely drink and only bother with it in social settings. And when I do, I stick to the tastier drinks.

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course I am.

How can the mods be okay with users advising others to take substances that affects one's mental state, and are addictive?

IF YOU'RE SOBER DON'T FUCKING TRY SHIT, JEEZ. IT'S NOT WORTH IT.

And if you're not sober, try to be. You'll only benefit.

Being sober definitely doesn't help with your emotion/stress levels apparently. Or ability to turn off caps lock.

You're chastising people for recommending alternatives and then telling people what to do with their bodies yourself... do you not see the hypocrisy in that?

What if the person has chronic pain, or anxiety that could be helped with a natural remedy such as cannabis instead of some mind-altering psych meds?

What would you tell them?

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Being sober definitely doesn't help with your emotion/stress levels apparently. Or ability to turn off caps lock.

You're chastising people for recommending alternatives and then telling people what to do with their bodies yourself... do you not see the hypocrisy in that?

What if the person has chronic pain, or anxiety that could be helped with a natural remedy such as cannabis instead of some mind-altering psych meds?

What would you tell them?

I would tell them consult a doctor. Don't take take advice on what to take from randoms on the internet when it comes to intaking potentially addicting "remedies".

And don't compare me telling someone to stay sober to you saying smoke up.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Of course I am.

How can the mods be okay with users advising others to take substances that affects one's mental state, and are addictive?

IF YOU'RE SOBER DON'T FUCKING TRY SHIT, JEEZ. IT'S NOT WORTH IT.

And if you're not sober, try to be. You'll only benefit.
People get addicted to video games too

We should shut this forum down

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Here.

Extra surprising because I come from a family where all 3 of my elder brothers are routine smokers. I never caught on I guess. I tried it once in high school with a few friends, the taste of a cigarette was extremely foul on my tongue so never even thought about it again.

Same for Alcohol.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I don't do either. I have no interest is giving myself cancer and ruining my lungs with tobacco. The only time I have enjoyed the taste of Alcohol is when it is drowned out by a different flavor, at which point there why I am even putting alcohol in my drink.

rando

Oct 25, 2017
ATTENTION DRUGGIES

Any lips that intake drugs or alcohol or weed will NEVER kiss these lips! Im serious

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would tell them consult a doctor. Don't take take advice on what to take from randoms on the internet when it comes to intaking potentially addicting "remedies".

And don't compare me telling someone to stay sober to you saying smoke up.

Considering over half the country has legalized marijuana in some form and it IS prescribed medicinally - why would you assume weed is addictive when you clearly have no idea, and also cast it as something a doctor wouldn't prescribe?

Someone saying "try weed" is no different than saying "try melatonin" or "try green tea".

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
I hate all things smoke. I never used to drink, but now I drink maybe two alcoholic units a month. More over the holidays, not because I'm a lush, but because there are some holiday cocktails I enjoy. I only drank enough to get tipsy once, and I hated it. Why do people want to feel overheated and dizzy? I'll stick to just a splosh of Bailey's or Frangelico in my dessert-time coffee at holiday meals and leave it at that.

As a girl-child, I shopped with my mother every Saturday, and it felt like a quarter of our weekly groceries budget went towards cigarettes, beer, and bourbon. Who needs that kind of monkey on their back?

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Considering over half the country has legalized marijuana in some form and it IS prescribed medicinally - why would you assume weed is addictive when you clearly have no idea, and also cast it as something a doctor wouldn't prescribe?

Someone saying "try weed" is no different than saying "try melatonin" or "try green tea".

Yeah, except you can't get a DUI after drinking green tea.

Don't tell sober people to smoke up or drink.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't think we had so many squares here.

Unless of course you're an alcoholic, then fair enough, also smoking is a bad habit to have long term.

I smoked for 5 or so years off and on and then quit.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
That you're nothing more than a troll trying to shit on people who choose to not consume alcohol
It's not that. I don't think he cares at all about people who are teetotalers or sober or whatever. More power to you. It's the people that don't drink that are in this very thread shaming people for drinking. People saying how you're just poisoning yourself and shit. Just because you don't drink or smoke doesn't make you better than people who do

mickdundee96

Nov 23, 2017
Erm no I don't. I don't smoke cigarette's, I don't smoke cigar, I don't smoke a pipe pipe pipe pipe. I don't smoke the reefa

Oct 25, 2017
It's not that. I don't think he cares at all about people who are teetotalers or sober or whatever. More power to you. It's the people that don't drink that are in this very thread shaming people for drinking. People saying how you're just poisoning yourself and shit. Just because you don't drink or smoke doesn't make you better than people who do

They came in here and the first post they made was about how this thread was proving the uptight nature of Era, so yeah I'm going to be shaming him over his moronic comments.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
There's being sober, and then there's having a totally warped and incorrect idea of what not being sober is like, you and some other posters are in that territory, or you're a troll.

I don't give a shit what you do.

I didn't participate in this thread until I saw users telling other sober users to casually try addictive DRUGS for the fun of it. I have a problem with that and it should be bannable.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I only drink/smoke at parties/during college. I've never actually purchased alcohol or drugs myself.

I didn't participate in this thread until I saw users telling other sober users to casually try addictive DRUGS for the fun of it. I have a problem with that and it should be bannable.

woof.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Vaper here. If you're a hater, IDGAF, fuck you. Nicotine is both my friend and my greatest enemy and its better for you than smoking. Fucking hate how vaping is the cool thing to hate. Again, fuck you, it saves lives, mind your own fucking business asshole.

I can do beer, but never more than 4 or 5 in a sitting. No to wine and no to spirits and double no to liquors.

I take a ton of caffeine but I don't have a sweet tooth so there is that.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017

You're acting like alcohol and weed is heroin. What is wrong with you? Yes, some people have addictive personalities, or various other issues that means they shouldn't try this shit. But you're acting like one drink of alcohol is gonna turn you into the town drunk that'll lose everything. Alcohol and drugs have been a part of human history before written language. Your perspective on this is incredibly warped