• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
I don't do either, but not by my own choice. When I drink even a single beer I break out in a rash that lasts for days. I don't smoke because my gf absolutely hates it and it's not appealing enough for me to get her mad.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
No alcohol/smoke/drug. Walking a lot and rarely getting sick.

With better nutrition I should see 2100 !

Oct 27, 2017
I tried quitting drinking before. I just couldn't enjoy bars/clubbing without drinking. I drink again now.

The key to all of this is moderation. Don't get shit faced when you go out.

As for smoking, that's a bad habit of mine. Not sure when I'm going to give it up, but you know how all smokers have an association with smoking? I started smoking with my first and every relationship after it. Don't know how I can adjust to dating again without smoking. That and clubbing.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah me. I don't have alcohol, nor drugs or cigarettes. I have tasted a bit of wine, champagne and beer but never really liked it but I've never tried any cigarettes or drugs.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alcohol once or twice a year. Sometimes not even that much.

No smoking and no drugs.

Junk food is my vice.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I like craft beer, I drink on the weekends and on vacation but I drink responsibly because getting drunk is stupid. I don't see any reason to shame people who don't like to drink. Totally reasonable position.

What I don't understand is the extreme black and white stance many people have taken, ie. You're either a straightedge teetotaler or a raging alcoholic with nothing in between.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I don't drink.

Not for any moral/health reason... I just don't like the way it tastes. I'm on a mission to find something I like, but I'm not having much luck.

Feb 16, 2018
I drink alcohol on rare occasions and thats it. Don't smoke or do any recreational drugs. Just doesn't appeal to me and I'm pretty happy overall with life choices I've made. I alway say pizza and pasta are my vices, they are too good to quit.

Turbowolf

Nov 2, 2018
I don't drink or smoke. Neither appeals to me very much, and I can't justify the cost. My street name is El Cheapo.

Baphomet

Banned
Dec 8, 2018
I used to do both , thankfully gave it up and haven't done it in 13 years, drinking was easy to give up since it tastes horrible, but smoking.........woo that was a struggle.

rokninja

Oct 27, 2017
Tempe, AZ
I drink on rare occasion, but I really HATE the taste of alcohol. I also cannot stand when people try to get me to drink like its necessary. Bleh.

Don't smoke anything either, just never was appealing to me, and I like my lungs lol.

I alway say pizza and pasta are my vices, they are too good to quit.

Lol yeah Pizza is basically my vice. I'm not supposed to eat it (acid reflux + lactose intolerance) but dammit... I will suffer the consequences (as long as I don't over-indulge I'm usually good).

I guess Chocolate would be another one. Can prol'ly convince me to rob a bank for some gawddamn chocolate.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
Don't smoke, drink or ever touch drugs, like others sugar is my vice.

Upsides: I seem to have zero risk factors for loads of nasty medical things.

Downsides: Impossible to meet women (well im not that outgoing either but the no drinking doesn't help)

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Don't drink, alcoholism flows in my family tree, will not risk it.

I hate the smell of smoke, both tobacco and weed so I don't bother with it

Nivash

Oct 25, 2017
I rarely drink, never smoke. The times I drink are primarily during big events like major parties or other outings. I don't really keep alcohol at home.

With tonight being one of few exceptions (ironically) I don't like being drunk. Unless most people I end up retaining the awareness of my own drunkenness. I get annoyed by my own slurring, feel embarrassed by my own stumbling around and never really reach that carefree state where you forget how drunk you are.

I'm genuinely writing this post at close to the most drunken state I'm capable of. Any more and I'd simply puke in the gutter. So yeah, I can't really get any more drunk than still feeling the need to spell check. Alcohol just isn't worth it for me.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I don't drink as much as i used to since i'm a bit of a loner now. :( I still like to drink craft beers whenever i can.
But i don't smoke tobacco and only smoke weed occasionally.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I rarely drink, never smoke. The times I drink are primarily during big events like major parties or other outings. I don't really keep alcohol at home.

With tonight being one of few exceptions (ironically) I don't like being drunk. Unless most people I end up retaining the awareness of my own drunkenness. I get annoyed by my own slurring, feel embarrassed by my own stumbling around and never really reach that carefree state where you forget how drunk you are.

I'm genuinely writing this post at close to the most drunken state I'm capable of. Any more and I'd simply puke in the gutter. So yeah, I can't really get any more drunk than still feeling the need to spell check. Alcohol just isn't worth it for me.

That's the thing, why not just have a couple and not get drunk?

I had an IPA on my patio in the sun and will have another beer either with dinner or wit my wife on thecouch after our daughter goes to bed. No buzz. No drunkenness. No loss of control. And I'll have had a couple kickass beers.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
neither, i tried alcohol when i was a teen but i don't care for it. i only drink on special occasions but it can't be cheap beer.
i smoked cheap blunts for a period during high school on off for a year but i stopped when i quit my job since i use to get them from the store next door.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
20901.jpg

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Can't smoke as I am allergic to cigarettes and I have severe asthma. Being even remotely near smoke makes my throat seize up.

I have a bottle of sake and whiskey that has taken 5+ years to drink, so alcohol is not a priority in my life

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
I don't.

I had a whiff of a cigarette as a kid after my mother let me have a whiff so she had control over me and I never did it again after that. Her plan worked.

I hate alcohol smell and would never like to be in a situation I am not in control so I never did drink it.

Overall I am happy with my decisions.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Nah but I probably smoked for I dunno seriously 15+ years straight trees every day not cigarettes fuck those unless on vacation were I didn't have shit. Smoke much less now but I like me some scotch and bourbon. I 100% have the how much more money would I have right now if I didn't party but that's countless good times too.

Nivash

Oct 25, 2017
That's the thing, why not just have a couple and not get drunk?

I had an IPA on my patio in the sun and will have another beer either with dinner or wit my wife on thecouch after our daughter goes to bed. No buzz. No drunkenness. No loss of control. And I'll have had a couple kickass beers.

That's my preferred drinking habits too, the only reason I chose to get a bit drunk tonight is because it's a work function with everyone else more drunk than I am. I was sober last time so I could drive and ended feeling like the weird one.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I was kind of curious to see if anyone else had a similar preference to neither drink nor smoke. It was just a decision I made as a pre-teen, as neither really held any attraction to me, and have not been tempted or regretted making the decision since.

I know a lot of folks who prefer one, the other or both, and that's cool/good for them. But for me, it was just never on the radar.

Is there anyone else who is in a similar situation? Or possibly decided to stop drinking or smoking after coming to a decision to do so? If so, why?

I love a drink...A bit too much. I used to smoke a LOT, but I don't do that any more....

You be you..... I'd rather be you in some ways.

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
I pretty much have a pour of Eagle Rare or some random beer in my fridge every day I get back from work/gym. It's probably my favorite 30 minutes of the day unwinding and relaxing. Rarely ever do I get drunk but I'm not going to lie like it never happens, probably once every 4/6 months and its always when I'm out.

Smoked weed for nearly a decade until about two years ago when I found out about Extreme Q/Dabs and have been vaping ever since. Have a pen now and it boggles my mind how damn good the thing is. Occasionally I will partake in a nice cigar but only when I'm playing dominos.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
I do lots of weed but usually I don't smoke it. I also do shrooms a few times a year, that shit will improve your life in meaningful ways.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't do either. Smoking is gross (though since my parents smoked when I was you g, I do have a weird nostalgic hit when I smell certain brands) and I loathe what alcohol does to people so I don't drink. Frankly the world would be a much better place if people didn't do either, but it ain't gonna happen so I'm content saving a shit load of money that friends spend on booze.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I drink. I like beer and wine and mixed drinks. I've only ever been drunk once and will never do it again. But a nice glass of wine with dinner or something is great.

Smoked 1 cigarette and hated it. I smoke maybe 1 cigar every 2 years. It's not great and I hate the way I feel the next day.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I don't do either. Alcohol has always been meh to me (plus my doctor said my metabolism would burn through most of it anyway), whereas smoking would fuck up my lungs (which, as an actor, I need).

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had a drink in almost two years. Haven't had a soda in almost one year. Haven't smoked in many years.

All that shit seems boring and dumb to me now.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have never smoked anything ever. I do drink but it's infrequent enough most would consider it not drinking at all.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I don't do either. Smoking is gross (though since my parents smoked when I was you g, I do have a weird nostalgic hit when I smell certain brands) and I loathe what alcohol does to people so I don't drink. Frankly the world would be a much better place if people didn't do either, but it ain't gonna happen so I'm content saving a shit load of money that friends spend on booze.
Funny I don't like cigs, but, I too sometimes like the smell depending on my mood and the brand, strictly due to nostalgia. Many relatives no longer with me were heavy smokers. Since I'm not around smoke any more, when I do smell it, it takes me back a lot of times.

Anyway, I drink on the weekends and vape, but only when I drink by the pool on the weekends.

Tan

Oct 27, 2017
25. Never did any drugs. Never had any attraction to them. My parents smoked growing up and I hated the smell of it.

I tried beers any never liked the taste. Rum and other stuff is okay, but doesn't seem worth the cost. I've drank enough to be tipsy and didn't like feeling tired in that way, so the idea of drinking even more to get drunk just doesn't seem worth it.

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
Me, tbh I have enough breathing problems that I wouldn't smoke even if I think it stinks and people look stupid doing it... I've never cared for the taste of alcohol (and before anyone rushes to say there are tons of different varieties - yes, I know, I've tried quiet a few from fruity drinks to things like the alcoholic apple/lemon drinks).

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Not drinking as an adult gates you from a lot of social functions.

But I preferred being a straight edge teenager who just hung out and played video games with his friends without any of that shit.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Me. No smoking, drugs and alcohol. Made it a personal mission to keep that out of my body.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I don't smoke, though I do drink occasionally. Not enough for it to be frequent, just once or twice a month.