• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Has anyone ever gotten the chance to meet a famous person. Whether at a con or in public. If so, what was it like?

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
I saw Flying Lotus at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Osan912

Avenger
Sep 22, 2018
Interviewed Shailene Woodley and pre Star Wars John boyega when I was a film critic in college.

Coolverine

May 7, 2018
plenty. johnny depp during the filming of ed wood. they shot in my neighborhood around the corner from my house. he was very nice and gracious. took time out to meet and talk with folks from the neighborhood. he signed my shirt.

met a bunch during Sundance. Charlize Theron offered to lightly care for me when she noticed i wasn't feeling well. she's super nice.

worked with a few rock stars as well.

I saw Flying Lotus at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
This will never be not funny.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I got a selfy with Angelina Jolie and she wanted to make sure I got the picture, was really nice. I got Emma Stone's signature. Got a photo with Paris Hilton and I didn't actually know who it was, she was nice with everybody. I'm been extra alongside Donald Sutherland and Michelle Rodriguez. Also met Matt Smith, Peter Mayhew, Anthony Daniels, had a 15 minute conversation with Ben Burtt about at cons. And I've seen close in public Chris Pratt, Scarlett Johansson, Matthew McConaughey, Karen Gillian, Penelope Cruz, Javier Bardem, George Clooney, Lady Gaga, Sebastian Stan, Keith Richards, Justin Timberlake, Steve Carell, Willem Dafoe, Jake Lloyd, Natalie Portman, Temeura Morrison, Drake, Christian Bale, Adam Driver, Oliver Stone, Alexander Skarsgard, Chris Pine, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Denzel Washington, Kristen Stewart, Laura Dern, Oscar Isaac, Robert Redford, Joel Edgerton, Margot Robbie, Halle Berry, Jennifer Lawrence, Leonardo diCaprio, and Benedict Cumberbatch.

Last edited:

Deleted member 20892

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
my favorite pasta

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
I met Sean Astin and got him to sign a laserdisc copy of Toy Soldiers.

Also got Giancarlo Esposito to sign my Breaking Bad barrel... he was also taking pics with people, holding a box cutter up to their throats. I asked him if he found that kind of strange... pretending to kill his 'biggest' fans. He shrugged and said "people like it, so..."

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ben Affleck came into the Blockbuster I was working at in Malibu forever ago when he was in rehab. They let them out to rent movies and stuff I guess. My manager asked for his autograph and I got one too. We had a lot of celebs who shopped there, but he was special since he was only there due to rehab. He seemed like a nice guy all things considered.

I guess I'm part of a Batman origin story.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I met Shawn Michaels at a restaurant once - we'd accidentally been given his table. Apparently he was fond of the restaurant and had a specific table he liked, and the management had messed up and gotten their days wrong, (it was Tuesday and they thought he was coming on Thursday or something like that). Anyway, the manager, completely embarrassed (this is a pretty nice restaurant) comes by and says "I'm so sorry, but we'd like to move you to another table if you could be troubled, and we'll gladly compensate you for the cost of the meal and any other meal you'd like while you're in town." My sister and cousin were both like "Yeah that's cool." and I kind of played the asshole a bit. "I'm sorry, I just don't understand. We've been here for 15 minutes - we've just ordered. Can't we finish our meal here?" Then out of nowhere Shawn Michaels shows up next to the manager and says "Paul, these guys can finish. We'll be at the bar. I got some time." And I (being a big HBK fan) said "Oh wow, uh… I had no idea. Please feel free to give them the table." Shawn was grateful, shook my hand and said thanks, then gave me a card with his number on it and told me to give him a call later. After working up the nerve, I gave him a call that night, and to make a long story short, we had a glorious 11 month love affair, man on man, that I shall never forget. Our bodies intertwined as one, and from the beauty of Morocco, to the French Riviera, to the snorkeling in the Galopagos, Shawn Michaels and I made glorious gay love to each other on six of the seven continents.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I sat next to Brad Garrett at a sushi place. He eyed my dessert and asked me if it was good.

I also sat next to Kenny G. at another sushi place. He watched me eat a live shrimp sushi and told the taisho he didn't want that.

I've also sat behind Bear Grylls and Johnny Galaecki at other places.

I make lucky restaurant choices?

Last edited:

Piichan

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
I met Mac DeMarco last year. Really chill dude.

It was at least year's Fuji Rock, on the day before the festival officially started during the pre-festival "Zenyasai".

I was hanging out and drinking with some friends, when I noticed a cute girl and started hitting on her. We both ended up getting pretty drunk, so I walked her back to the place she was staying so she would be safe. (Didn't do anything shady, but we did make out yay)

Anyway, after getting back to the festival grounds, I couldn't find my friends anywhere, so I was about to go back to the camp site, but was hungry so I decided to line up at one of the food stands for a kebab. As I am lining up, I notice Mac DeMarco waiting in line right behind me.

I fucking love his music, so I took the opportunity to tell him I was really looking forward to his gig the next day.

He was really nice, asking my name, where I'm from, why I'm in Japan, etc. Just some small talk. He was together with the band's drummer and a Japanese manager dude, so didn't want to intrude for too long or take pictures, but did get a hug when I said goodbye.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
3q2L.gif

Silentbomber

Oct 27, 2017
I walked past Cillian Murphy and we made shit tons of eye contact. Mostly because I was trying to figure out who he was and it was just us on the street.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I saw Bruce Willis once, but it was from far away, I didn't dare approach him as I saw him whack some poor bastard upside the head with a golf club.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ran into Jim Gaffigan in downtown NYC once. He looked like he was lost so we offered to help with directions but he just ran from us, haha.

Met Scott Adsit from 30 Rock at a small press indie comic convention. He was checking stuff out so I guess he's a fan of the medium. He was cool. I also met Dotcom from 30 Rock at an early NYCC. No one else seemed to recognize him, so we ended up chatting for a bit. He was surprised I liked the show because he didn't think black people watched it lol.

Met Dave Gruber Allen after a show in Princeton. I only wanted to say hi to him but we ended up actually talking about writing and acting for a few hours. He was really chill.

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i ran into liev schreiber in a montauk deli. he had his kid with him. i did not bother him but we acknowledged each other's presence, easy since we were the only customers at the time.

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
I was a part of a business meeting with Dave Coulier for an online show that didn't pan out. Outside of that, most of my celebrity stories have been working around them as a background actor.

Oct 27, 2017
I got a picture with Com Truise after his concert. I've seen a few famous people walking on the streets in Hollywood, Beverly Hills, etc. Cali is the place to meet celebrities (I saw Robert Downey Jr last summer). I even ran into James Charles walking off the elevator in Irvine.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
One of my parents worked with a certain famous radio personality when they started out and said person's cohost is one of their best friends so she used to visit my family a lot growing up. I also met the whole main cast once at a certain radio station headquarters and they were cool too.

I did improv for a skit with Scott Adsit (Pete in 30 Rock) at UCB in NYC once. Not sure if that counts.

Otherwise I don't think anyone I've met is famous-famous. Do Derrick Comedy count? I met a few of them (minus Donald Glover) in college. I still have my signed copy of daddy daycare that came from a bag of $1 shit they bought at Target to give out at a Q and A.

Oh, I also prank called Eminem when I was 15. The only thing he told me was "fuck you" before he hung up but I consider it a success.

Edit: Oh yeah, I have a family member who was a fairly well-known astronaut. That's worth something I guess.

Edit2: I also used to be friends with the kid who played young Nic Cage in National Treasure.

Also also I went to school with Charles Barkley's and other NBA+MLB players' kids.
Ok I think that's everything.

Ant

Oct 27, 2017
Saw Andrew Garfield in Palm Springs, he complimented my T-Shirt. Didn't realise it was him until about an hour later.

Also living in Belfast, have seen near all of the Game of Thrones cast at somepoint, no one really bothers them at all though.

I kind of got set up on a lunch date with Brian Tee once. We were both single at the time and I think our mutual friends thought we might hit it off. Really nice guy, but we didn't have any chemistry.

Not too much else of note. My friend ran into Aaron Sanchez at a bar once and got to have drinks with him all night. Super jealous.

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
I met Shawn Michaels at a restaurant once - we'd accidentally been given his table. Apparently he was fond of the restaurant and had a specific table he liked, and the management had messed up and gotten their days wrong, (it was Tuesday and they thought he was coming on Thursday or something like that). Anyway, the manager, completely embarrassed (this is a pretty nice restaurant) comes by and says "I'm so sorry, but we'd like to move you to another table if you could be troubled, and we'll gladly compensate you for the cost of the meal and any other meal you'd like while you're in town." My sister and cousin were both like "Yeah that's cool." and I kind of played the asshole a bit. "I'm sorry, I just don't understand. We've been here for 15 minutes - we've just ordered. Can't we finish our meal here?" Then out of nowhere Shawn Michaels shows up next to the manager and says "Paul, these guys can finish. We'll be at the bar. I got some time." And I (being a big HBK fan) said "Oh wow, uh… I had no idea. Please feel free to give them the table." Shawn was grateful, shook my hand and said thanks, then gave me a card with his number on it and told me to give him a call later. After working up the nerve, I gave him a call that night, and to make a long story short, we had a glorious 11 month love affair, man on man, that I shall never forget. Our bodies intertwined as one, and from the beauty of Morocco, to the French Riviera, to the snorkeling in the Galopagos, Shawn Michaels and I made glorious gay love to each other on six of the seven continents.
I had the exact same experience! But we went snorkeling in the British Virgin Islands instead of the Galapagos.

Did he also tell you he loved you?
He told me. I didn't dare to believe it, but some part of me still does.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I drank Cristal with Bobby Brown back when I was 20. Met Madonna, she was nice. Met a bunch of celebs at the airport. Paul Oakenfold is short as hell btw and Hank Aaron is a raging asshole.

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Is this a pasta

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
I bumped into Al Murray (British comedian) and Sir Ian McKellen at a protest march once, which was pretty rad.

My favourite's gotta be getting to meet Sir John Hurt a short while before he died in a hotel bar. It was after a convention he was guesting at, and he was sat with a mutual friend of my wife's and as we were leaving we said goodbye and he was the nicest man ever. Told stories and pulled funny faces, like he was everyone's favourite grandad.

marmalade

Nov 28, 2018
Not quite the subject: I had a mutual friend with someone who later became an Oscar-winner turned comic book movie person as a teenager and one saw them at a friend's concert attended by four people total (including us). I didn't have the courage to talk to them and they were busy with their phone. Four years later, I see them on a late-night talk show and really regret not talking to them.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
I was at a baseball game and I saw JK Simmons with his son.

He got up to go to the food stand, and I went up to him, and asked "are you JK Simmons?" And he replied very confidently "yes I am."

That was the extent of our interaction.

Oh, and I worked on a film set with Kevin James. And met the Offspring and got an album of theirs signed.

Living in SoCal has its perks, I guess.

Oct 27, 2017
Met Tom Green at the ski resort I work at a few years ago. He's been to my hometown a bunch and we talked about the skatepark there.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I've met quite a few. Some come in my store, but mostly from going to events and shows. I'm not really a star struck kind of person so never gushed at anyone. Just said hi, how's it going, that kind of thing.

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017
Dozens, mostly musicians but some actors too. I accidentally ran face first in to Clint Eastwood once and knocked him flying.

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash between private shows at a hotel where i worked as a banquet porter while putting myself through college. I saw them standing in the hallway in awkward silence with my manager so i interjected to break the silence by walking right past Johnny and my manager and stating to June Carter Cash that my parents had been in the audience when Jonny proposed to her on stage in London Ontario. 45 minutes later we are still laughing and telling stories.

After the show i volunteered to help tear down and pack the stage. It turned out to be one of the most amazing hours of my life. The entire pack-up job was orchestrated by none other than Marshall Grant, Jonny's bassist and road manager. This man controlled the entire operation like a puppet master, or a New Zealand sheep farmer whistling commands to his Border Collies. Every single piece of scaffolding, amps, road cases of various cabling, had either a number or nickname, which was shouted out by Marshal Grant and jammed into a tractor trailer like a Chinese Puzzle with not a single CC of wasted space. When the trailer was half full he called a halt to the operation and inspected the trailer pack job. He looked at the load. At the back door. The load again. The door again. Then yelled "WE NEED ONE AND A HALF INCHES" The entire crew, including myself, battering-rammed our shoulders into the load and bought him the 1.5 inches he required. With the job complete i stopped them from closing the doors because i noticed a 12" x 12" x 10" space in the bottom right of the trailer so called Marshall over and pointed at the void. While i'm thinking to myself, "that looks like the exact size of a milk crate", he yells, "Has anyone seen the milk crate".

So, i start my day by meeting my father's hero, and end the day by being the hero for finding the milk crate under the stage, because they were NOT going to leave without it. They even let me pack it in the trailer. So i got to brag to my father that i not only met Johnny Cash, but i worked for him as well.

Last edited:

pauljeremiah

Oct 28, 2017
Ireland
I get to go to the BAFTA's and IFTA's for the last 5 years so I've bumped into a few celebs. Have never met any really mean or bitchy celebs, unless you include people who work in Irish TV (but I don't count them). Though the weirdest/surrealist meeting would have been with Woody Allen, really nice guy, but super shy. didn't really want to chat about his films, but I mentioned that I had seen him in concert the last time I was in NYC and he smiled and said thanks.

Nicest:

Michael Fassbender - loves Guinness, nicest actor I've ever met. Have met up with him a good few times since in both London and Dublin.

Saorise Ronan - really down to earth and super nice

Jack Nicholson - personification of cool

Jennifer Lawerence - really nice

George Clooney - very nice and chatty about his films, even the bad ones.

Mark Kermode - chatted with him about his BBC Radio 5Live show and his latest book

Nigel Floyd - really nice guy, super knowledgeable about films

Paul Thomas Anderson - Kept to himself, but was nice when I said "hi" to him

Danial Day Lewis - very shy guy, very tall too. but very pleasent.

Hugh Jackman - really nice and chatted to everyone

Christoper Nolan - nice guy to talk to in general but when he talks about film he came across more intense.

Robin Wiliams - chatted more about games then his movies, was saying he was looking forward to BF3

James Cameron - said hi and we fist bumped, told him he was still "king of the world" (Avatar had just came out) and he smiled

Kathryn Bigalow - very nice lady

Russell Crowe - very cool dude, spent about 30 mins talking about Munster taking on the All Blacks in rugby and how he wanted to go the game in Limerick, but didn't know if his schedule would allow him.

Stephen Fry - he's exactly how you think he would be.

Tony Hawk - was really nice and we chatted for about 10 mins about the old Tony Hawk video games.

Ciaran Hinds - fantastic guy, he got a bit tipsy at the awards show and spent most of it on the dance floor

Aidan Gillen - was really nice to chat with.

Colm Meany - loves chatting with him, I kept asking questions about Con Air.

John C McGinley - got really drunk with him and ended up smoking Cuban cigars with him.

Sean Bean - was really cool. Told him that when I was 15 in a school play of The Field that I based my performance on his, and at the time I sent him a letter telling him and he remembered the letter.

Andrew Scott - really cool dude.

I don't usually take pics, but I do have a few on my PC.

6863382449_d8f4e4ce52_z.jpg

5255403139_ffa07e4d29_z.jpg

3821026231_6e20093f42_z.jpg

5721354117_41eb16d3bd_z.jpg

5443466194_19e6c03f54_z.jpg

47005277474_c2cd150278_c.jpg

46878107815_c4b71dac2a_z.jpg

46878107935_88f88e4ea4_z.jpg

46878107975_2fa0f18f63_z.jpg

47005277574_94b5c62c6a_z.jpg

Last edited:

Daria

Oct 25, 2017
The Twilight Zone
i saw Jay Leno once after a comedy show he did. he seemed nice. he talked about how big his dick was during the set, though.

other than that, i took a selfie with an astronaut, Andrew something i think. he went up about 4-5 times

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Met RDJ in 2008 when they announced his casting as Iron Man at Comic-Con San Diego. Really nice guy.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I used to be really into wrestling so met a few wrestlers such as Batista, Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle and Kevin Nash.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Never talked to any, but it's not unusual to come across Kiwi celebrities at random bars and restaurants (or just walking down the street) around Auckland. One time I saw Richie McCaw (former All Blacks Captain) walk past, which would be the most famous one I've seen.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
I briefly met Peter Serafinowicz as he was taking his seat at the Legend of Zelda Symphony of the Goddesses concert at Wembley Arena in London. You might know his comedy show, or have seen him in The Tick or roles like Denarian Saal in Guardians of the Galaxy, he's been in loads of stuff like Shaun of the Dead too. Does a lot of voice work n' that. I wasn't sure it was him so I stopped him to ask and then as I apologised for stopping him and said I'd let him get back to his seat, I shook his hand and said "love your stuff mate, you're a legend" and he raised an eyebrow and said "no... Zelda is the legend" in this boss cheesy voice. Seems like a really nice fella ha