• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Met some hockeyplayers this winter. While not famous outside of sweden, in sweden he is pretty famous amongst hockey fans. When we wanted to take a picture with him, he hung his dick out of his fly and we took the pic. I have also met lots of other hockey players, some internationally famous, but no one else showed dick.

I also med stand up comedian Gabriel Iglesias. My brother worked at the hotel he was ataying at after a show and Gabriel and his possey asked for the nearest mcdonalds. My brother told me where he was going so i went there to personaly thank hin for the show and took a picture with him(dont have it on this phone) He ordered alot of food. ALOT.

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
I served Richard Bacon a bacon cob (sandwich/bap) at my local golf course once. Gave me a chuckle, he looked dreadful. It's not a great story

I've met a few people in bands at their shows and a few bands/artists back/on stage when I've played but nothing crazy or particularly personal from those instances (mostly people are pretty chill)

The days of hedonistic musicians is mostly over

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Met Billy Connelly when he came to the island I grew up on.

I was standing with my friends outside the village hall and he walked up and had a chat with me and my pals. One of them says something stupid and Connelly goes "I take it you're the village idiot then?"

It was pretty funny (and a correct observation lol).

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I saw Flying Lotus at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
I came here for this copy pasta, and it was the first post.
Thread delivered.

Deleted member 9197

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When I was in college I met Harvey Pekar at a local comics convention. When I told him that I loved his work and how much it meant to me he basically grunted and hand waved me off. Total asshole thing to do, but also totally character appropriate, so...

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I interviewed Kate Beckinsale once, she was super sweet, spoke perfect french and I still haven't met another human nearly as beautiful lol. Like, it was genuinely shocking. Movies do not do her justice at all.

Had plenty of minor french celebrities show up at my bar in Cannes. I had a super funny run-in with Anaïs Croze. She's super nice but really clumsy.

Walked past Jean-Claude Van Damme once while he was doing weird poses for paparazzis.

Also walked past Clint Eastwood but I didn't bother him.

I was working from inside the Palais des Festivals the year Tim Burton was president. I would run into him all the time and took the world's smallest elevator (like, two people max and you're basically shoved against each other) with him a couple of times. He was super chill and funny and everyone liked him a lot.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I have seen, but not spoken to:

• Jarvis Cocker at Kings Cross (wearing a really nice suit).
  • Private Eye editor Ian Hislop in a Cretan airport.
  • Harry Graytion off BBC Look North in Leeds.
  • Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie from a distance when they were filming 'The Tourist' in Venice.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
I was a huge Grange Hill fan as a kid, and every summer we travelled from Lancashire to Dorset to spend a few weeks with family. My dad would drive the awful Vauxhall Chevette with its red vinyl interior that i had to peel my face from should I fall asleep, and my mum and I would catch the train. I could run up and down it and mum could get pissed and chat to randoms. One year i remember being unable to find her where we'd parted and when I did, she was sat next to mr. Bronson, the (frankly terrifying) headmaster from the series.
bronson_150.jpg

I was floored and scared lol and it took a few minutes for me to disassociate the man from the role, but he was lovely. He and mum were getting along just fine ;) and he gave me a sneak peek at the script for the next series and a pic of him looking less than mean which he signed bless him. If the internet was around I could've got some love from the spoiler thread :p

Jul 20, 2018
I met Adam West at a convention in Toronto. He seemed slightly annoyed that we weren't buying autographs but chatted with us anyway. He told my friend and I that he needed to use the "bat-room" when he had to go.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
All kinds of celebrities. Too many to list right now.

The most "interesting" story was when I was walking up Yonge Street, somehow obliviously slipped past security onto a live movie set, and nearly bumped into Michelle Pfeiffer, who was coming up out if the subway. I saw the crowd of observers gathered on the other side of the street, thought "oh shit", and got myself off the set asap.

Vaskie

Oct 27, 2017
Both me and the wifey came to an all inclusive resort in Turkey to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary and i got to meet someone i have huge respect for.

Kyle Bosman, he was incredibly nice, wanted a photo with me too, he was really humble.

https://pasteboard.co/IdAgglf.jpg

I am aware it's not Kyle, i did show the photo of Kyle to my new Turkish friend and we both had a laugh, he asked who he was and asked for his twitter so he might tweet the real Kyle. The guy was really nice, a great server and we plan on tipping of course, he has been really nice all week

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Met most of these celebs at The Walking Dead convention - Walker Stalker Con UK.

Bruce Campbell - Very nice guy, he signed his book for me and had a quick chat about Evil Dead and the UK weather lol.

p0p87Ff.jpg

Ron Perlman - Got a hand shake from him, not very chatty though.

Ztl7SgN.jpg

The Walking Dead - All the cast we met were really nice and chatty, they clearly love meeting the fans.

Emily Kinney - Beth.

kYlhsx4.jpg

Alanna Masterson - Tara.

ZKnNI77.jpg

Michael Cudlitz - Abraham.

54XvD8c.jpg

Jeffrey Dean Morgan - Negan.

q2qIasH.jpg

Jon Bernthal - Shane / Marvels The Punisher.

xWiKBN5.jpg

Norman Reedus - Daryl.

kBfd3CJ.jpg

Met most of the main cast of Red Dwarf at a smaller local Comic Con like event.

Red Dwarf - All really nice and friendly. Craig Charles was there as well but not doing selfies for some reason but still had a chat with him.

Mac Mcdonald - Captain Hollister.

whwpZPo.jpg

Hettie Heyridge - Holly 2.

zMwi3wu.jpg

Norman Lovett - Holly.

s1ymrSK.jpg

Danny John Jules - Cat.

sqEHli2.jpg

Robert Llewellyn - Kryton.

IHorLSF.jpg

Chris Barrie - Rimmer.

aBVxu6P.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
Served Robert De Niro at a cinema bar once, didn't even recognise him until I noticed how crowded the bar had become in a certain area. He has a dedicated seat at the cinema and all.

Met Kevin Smith in the street too. Got a picture with him and all my friends rip me for it because I have long hair and look like I'm some younger version of Jay. He was nice, chatted casually and said he was enjoying the buzz of the arts festival going on at the time.

I saw Jimmy Carr in the street once too, absolutely surrounded by a horde of neds. I could only see him as a guy in the suit since he was facing away from me, and I thought he was about to get an absolute doing off them. Walked round the other side and it turns out they were all freaking out and wanted a photo with him. I took one that looked a lot like this, except with a very bemused Jimmy Carr in the centre, but its been lost to the sands of time. This happened in 2008 or so.

Not a big celebrity person, really.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
Ummmm Adam Devine and Danny McBride are filming a show here and have been at the bar I frequent a few times.
John Hamm at the pizza place a few blocks down from me. Quiet. Usually came in and picked his order up and left.
Hootie from Hootie and the Blowfish bought an entire bar my roommate was at shots.

I guess Venus Williams and her husband were down here and played foosball at the same bar mentioned earlier and played 3 games against a girl I had a thing with and her new husband. Venus lost all 3 games.

My best friends live in Atlanta and work at various coffee shops and tell me how they would see the Stranger Things kids and a lot of the Avengers cast and how nice they were.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
I saw Flying Lotus at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
Came here for this, and here it is.

I met a ton at cons and Trevor Peacock in my local Tesco when I worked there.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Lmao, never gets old hahaha

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I was able to meet a lot of people I admired growing up when I worked in wrestling. Jake Roberts big-leagued me the first time I met him like a total dick, I was going around shaking hands with the guys I hadn't met before and the dude literally pushed my hand away. I wasn't in my interviewer gear so he might have thought I was a fan or whatever but I was boiling haha, he was deep in his addiction at that point though. He didn't remember it next time I saw him when I picked him up at the airport and had to get him a snake.

I had a good time with a woman who used to be on WCW a lot, I'm not gonna name names but that was wild and it was stupid, and this was while a fairly prominent 90's wrestler was in the next room smoking crack with one of our refs, at least that's what I heard.

Used to hang out with ROH people after the shows, Daizee, Briscoes (pre-dumb comments), Delirious, Sydal, Sweeney, some other people.

Dec 5, 2018
Bethesda, North Wales
I got to meet the comedian Ross Noble after a gig in Manchester. I got to hangout and shake the hand of the greatest frontman in rock a Mr. Neil Fallon from Clutch.

As a child in primary, William Hague came to my school and I got to shake his hand and my photo ended up in the local paper, this is of course long before I found out what an absolute arse-mungle him and every conservative mp are.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
I have met several current/former NHL players and coaches. All very nice people. Erik Haula, Charlie Coyle, Cal Clutterbuck, Rocco Grimaldi, Tucker Poolman, Dave Hakstol, Corban Knight, Drake Caggiula, Matt Kassian, Danny Kristo, Tony Hrkac, and a few others that just played a game or two.

A couple former NFL players. John Randle being the biggest name.

Saw Harrison Ford from a distance of about 50 feet about 10-15 years ago.

Last edited:

Zom

Oct 25, 2017
I get to go to the BAFTA's and IFTA's for the last 5 years so I've bumped into a few celebs. Have never met any really mean or bitchy celebs, unless you include people who work in Irish TV (but I don't count them). Though the weirdest/surrealist meeting would have been with Woody Allen, really nice guy, but super shy. didn't really want to chat about his films, but I mentioned that I had seen him in concert the last time I was in NYC and he smiled and said thanks.

Nicest:

Michael Fassbender - loves Guinness, nicest actor I've ever met. Have met up with him a good few times since in both London and Dublin.

Saorise Ronan - really down to earth and super nice

Jack Nicholson - personification of cool

Jennifer Lawerence - really nice

George Clooney - very nice and chatty about his films, even the bad ones.

Mark Kermode - chatted with him about his BBC Radio 5Live show and his latest book

Nigel Floyd - really nice guy, super knowledgeable about films

Paul Thomas Anderson - Kept to himself, but was nice when I said "hi" to him

Danial Day Lewis - very shy guy, very tall too. but very pleasent.

Hugh Jackman - really nice and chatted to everyone

Christoper Nolan - nice guy to talk to in general but when he talks about film he came across more intense.

Robin Wiliams - chatted more about games then his movies, was saying he was looking forward to BF3

James Cameron - said hi and we fist bumped, told him he was still "king of the world" (Avatar had just came out) and he smiled

Kathryn Bigalow - very nice lady

Russell Crowe - very cool dude, spent about 30 mins talking about Munster taking on the All Blacks in rugby and how he wanted to go the game in Limerick, but didn't know if his schedule would allow him.

Stephen Fry - he's exactly how you think he would be.

Tony Hawk - was really nice and we chatted for about 10 mins about the old Tony Hawk video games.

Ciaran Hinds - fantastic guy, he got a bit tipsy at the awards show and spent most of it on the dance floor

Aidan Gillen - was really nice to chat with.

Colm Meany - loves chatting with him, I kept asking questions about Con Air.

John C McGinley - got really drunk with him and ended up smoking Cuban cigars with him.

Sean Bean - was really cool. Told him that when I was 15 in a school play of The Field that I based my performance on his, and at the time I sent him a letter telling him and he remembered the letter.

Andrew Scott - really cool dude.

I don't usually take pics, but I do have a few on my PC.

6863382449_d8f4e4ce52_z.jpg

5255403139_ffa07e4d29_z.jpg

3821026231_6e20093f42_z.jpg

5721354117_41eb16d3bd_z.jpg

5443466194_19e6c03f54_z.jpg

47005277474_c2cd150278_c.jpg

46878107815_c4b71dac2a_z.jpg

46878107935_88f88e4ea4_z.jpg

46878107975_2fa0f18f63_z.jpg

47005277574_94b5c62c6a_z.jpg
Wait a minute, I've seen those pictures before, did you post them in another thread or in the old forum? 🤔

Nov 18, 2017
Anyone ever meet an MCU star?

I disgusted Iron Fist at a con once, he'd just got done having a pic with my cousin. I'd just started dating one of her mates so to wind her up i started talking about the nasty stuff we'd got up to and we were still pretty close to his seat. I remember looking back at Finn Jones who gave me an utterly repulsed look lol.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I met a couple for sure.
The last significant one for me was Ralph Maccio and William Zabka. (Daniel and Johnny from Karate Kid)
Man, just awesome dudes. Humble individuals. Little did I know at the time, they were working on Kobra Kai!

Pickleslips

Jan 25, 2018
I shook Larry Davids hand and it was like a huge, cool pillow. He even introduced himself to me. I'll tell the story when I have more time.

Apr 9, 2019
CLT
I played music for a while so I rubbed shoulders with minor celebrities from time-to-time just by nature of touring and playing shows. Only ones I would mention are that Laura Jane Grace and I met and corresponded via MySpace and then Facebook for a while, occasionally sending one another mixtapes. She'd get me into shows she was playing in the Southeast (mostly because I don't think she had many friends in the area compared to around the country). We were friends from 2007 to about 2012. She kinda dropped off the face of the Earth not long after becoming a trans* celebrity, which is fine. I'm not a musician anymore so we have very little to discuss I guess. Used to hurt my feelings but you gotta understand that any friends you make in the music industry primarily are made to scratch your back and vice versa.

Also Keith Morris, first singer of Black Flag, singer of Circle Jerks, Off!. Super nice guy. Jello Biafra, singer of Dead Kennedys and a bunch since. Not a super nice guy, but funny to be around. Doug Stanhope, comedian- extremely generous, not superficially nice but enjoys your company. Bam Margera... weird dude. There's probably others I'm not thinking of.

Also I was in Philly for a week to see the final show of a band I love and I was looking for a particular record store. Ran into a feller on the street and asked him where it was, he showed me and my friend later pointed out to me that it was Neil Patrick Harris. I didn't really realize it because I'm not a fan, but yeah he was at least not so snooty he tried to be brief with me. He even basically walked me half the way.

quesalupa

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
US
Didn't meet him but I saw Quavo from Migos pull a gun out on some sketchy dudes in Atlanta.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I met my fair share of musicians in college. Some were cool to hang out and have a drink with and others were a bit full of themselves.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
Some big time football player came through my checkout line at Target one time. I had no idea who it was because I am not a football guy. After he left everyone wanted to talk to me about it and I felt like an idiot for not knowing who he was

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I'm so glad that this was first post

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i met tom holland when they shot civil-war in leipzig. he just wandered through the city and asked me for directions.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman Reed us I met at a con. Very nice guy

I also met Randy Savage in an IHOP when I was a young kid, but unfortunately I don't remember it well

Some big time football player came through my checkout line at Target one time. I had no idea who it was because I am not a football guy. After he left everyone wanted to talk to me about it and I felt like an idiot for not knowing who he was
This reminds me of the time I saw Matt Moore, a former Ray's pitcher, just casually checking out at a Publix near the stadium during the off-season.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Judi Dench, met her once when working at a store for work experience

She also knew my brother quite well, and spoiled the fact she died in skyfall to him and then us as we were off to go see it lol.

Oct 26, 2017
Met George Hamilton in Harrod's in London

Met Mohammed Ali in Dubai (have a signed photo of us)

Met Hakeem Olajuwon at his regular sushi place in a Houston. He was so tall he had to bend down so his head wouldn't smash the ceiling. Nearly two decades earlier, My dad owned a restaurant with his friends and Hakeem used to frequent there while he attended UH. I mentioned this to him and we sat and he talked about those days in the early 80s

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I met Tony Hawk though work. He's a super nice guy and incredibly down to Earth. He tells great stories too.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Went to a Langston Hughes poetry reading in Lawrence, KS with my parents as a very small child. Danny Glover was there and I have vague but great memories of getting to hug him.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I met the current voice actor for Mickey Mouse. Dude seemed cool.

I also lied to Ice Cube and told him I bought Are We Done Yet

Oct 25, 2017
Last one I met was Sean Evans, aka the Hot Ones guy. We were in line together at LAX, just said hey and that I loved the show, he was chill.

I've met Dikembe Mutumbo once, super gravelly voice, talked like the cookie monster. I interrupted his dinner which I feel bad about but he took the time to speak to me for a bit as I was 16 at the time. Dude also rolled out of the valet with a rolls royce and I shit you not he was staring out the passenger window he was pushed so far back LMAO

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Hulk Hogan jumped out of a car in front of me when I was walking through Rockefeller Plaza.

I also met the comedian Ryan O'Flanagan, who played Mr. Kraz (the history teacher) from American Vandal. One of my best friends from high school was visiting and was his college roommate, so we chilled out and drank after a Panthers game with him and tried on Ryan Kalil's glove (Ryan owns a production company and did a commercial with him recently.)

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I met Aasif Mandvi from the Daily Show at a restaurant in NYC called VNYL on my birthday in like 2007. I had just gotten out of a taping of the Letterman show and just met the band Okkervil River outside the studio.

Was a pretty fun night even though it might not look it on my face.

9IJRQuO.jpg

I also met Alex Albrecht outside the Duke Nukem Forever booth at PAX 2009.

5rz1XBf.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
When I worked at GameStop ten years ago, I sold a couple of PSPs to Paul Pierce from the Celtics.