• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I don't want this thread to turn into a hit-piece; I'm not about to defend GS or a lot of their decisions, but I like my local store and really get along with the staff that works there, so I don't have any second thoughts or regrets about my business done through them. Anyway, I had several pre-orders through my local store, including Animal Crossing, Persona 5 Royal, RE3, and FF7. I was able to get Animal Crossing, but got antsy about how long the store could reasonably stay open (I live in WA state, so I've seen Inslee be very definitive about this situation given the cases in Seattle), and cancelled my pre-orders for RE3 and FF7 and used those bucks to get some PSN dosh to get them digitally in case of a store closure. Well, that was obviously a good call, and am now prepared to get those two games on PSN, even though physical is my preferred method. However, my reserves for RE3 and FF7 were still just the standard versions, so I'm still just getting the same thing for the $60 pre-orders on PSN, but I had the $90 version of P5R reserved. I knew I was taking a risk by leaving the paid off pre-order for it in case of a store closure, but since I've already played P5 vanilla, I'm not itching to play it ASAP or anything.

That said, while I'm sure I can still eventually get my money back when the store reopens (I hope...), I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on how I'll be able to get the game itself. My store isn't doing curb-side pick up, but is totally closed, and I'm sure there's not anyone there daily to received shipments of items. I'm curious if they'll eventually begin receiving their backed up shipments when they re-open? This probably isn't something anyone has a definite answer to, but I'm just looking for even a little insight.