• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which controller?

• Xbox One

Votes: 1,006 42.2%
  • DualShock 4

Votes: 1,343 56.3%
  • Joy Con

Votes: 35 1.5%

• Total voters

Theef

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I've always been an 'all-console' owner so no bias.

But I freakin hate the DualShock. Am I the only one?

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I prefer the Xbox One pad, but I don't hat ehte Dual Shock 4. They are both pretty equal when it comes to pros & cons.

nuttyevans

Nov 8, 2017
I much prefer the Xbone pad but barring a shitty battery, there's nothing wrong with the Dual Shock either.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love the Xbox One gamepad. I've never really liked the symmetrical sticks and shape buttons of the DualShock.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
well I'm pretty sure some people will. I loved every dual shock up til 4. I just don't like ds4.

The xbone controller is nearly perfect though.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
I don't hate it, I just don't like using it in competitive games. I prefer the Xbox controller thanks to the analog sticks placements.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Always preferred the dualshock because of symmetrical sticks, but can use either without issue. I'm comparing to the 360 controller though, I haven't used Xbox One.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't hate the Dualshock myself, but the Xbox controller layout is the best out here. Switch Pro Controller taking from it too just shows how ideal it is.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
It's been more comfortable for monster Hunter and menu-based games in my experience

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. I dont really like the XB1 controller all that much due to the feel, loose sticks and bumpers. I wish I could use a 360 controller on the XB1.

Wrellie

Oct 29, 2017
I think they're both fine, but one might feel worse if I spend a lot of time on one console and then go to the other. For example, I used to prefer the DS4, but spent so much time with Game Pass recently, it felt weird to go back to the DS4. Ultimately, I think they're both good.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
I prefer the DS4, don't like the placement of the sticks on the Xbox controller.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
I'm exactly like you OP. I own all consoles and never liked the dualshocks asd much as the 360 and xbone controllers.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Me. Although tbh I really have had no issues with any controller I've had. Apart from joycons I guess, they're too small.

Oh and the original Xbox controller. To bulky.

Cookie Dough

Oct 29, 2017
It really depends on the game. I have both a Xbox One Elite controller and a DS4 synced to my PC and alternate between them as needed. For most games I default to the Xbox One controller but Sekiro is a recent example of a game that just felt better with a DS4.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I really like the current Dualshock. Though honestly, the only PS controller I haven't liked was the original, rumble-less PS3 one, since it felt so, so wrong being so light.

MysteryM

Oct 28, 2017
Nope, love the xbox one controller, the ds4 is a good controller, but there xbox controller is almost perfection

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I use both but I prefer the DS4 because the bumpers on the Xbox One controller are pure shit (and they were better on the 360).

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
What kills the Xbox One controller for me is the d-pad and asymmetrical sticks. It feels so weird, even when I had a 360 I never got used to it.

The DS4 is one of the best controllers ever made, imo. Shame about the battery life, but in terms of technology it's only behind Nintendo's stuff.

TRios Zen

Oct 25, 2017
Dual Shock 4 is miles ahead of the 3 in comfort, but truth is, I'm so used to the Xbox style of controller now (been my primary system since the 360) that I vastly prefer my elite to the DS4.

That being said, I think a lot of people will feel more comfortable with the one they play the most frequently (or grew up using).

Flon

Is Here to Kill Chaos
Oct 27, 2017
So how much of a strange opinion is it to even prefer the DualShock 3 over the 4? That's what I've been leaning towards the more I play both systems.

Familiarity must play a role in that, since I still have my PS2 hooked up and use the PS Classic controllers for emulators.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Don't mind either, but prefer the DS4, just wish devs (including Sony's) would use it's features more, could be the GoAT for me if they did.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
I've never even held an XBox One (or 360) controller because I don't even know anybody who owns the console.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
I got a ds4 and xbox controller for the pc but mainly use the ds4. I value the face buttons more I guess and never had any problems with the sticks outside of the shitty quality.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't we just have a thread where everyone was praising the DS4?

Completely deserved too, it's a great controller. Unlike what XBO has.

mogwai00

Mar 24, 2018
I'm fine with DS4 while I play on PS4, it feels cheap but it's a good controller.
But it's vastly inferior to Xbox 360/Xbone One controller so I never felt even the curiosity to try it on my PC.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
Dualshock 4 is the best controller imo. Whenever I play on my Xone it always feels like the controller is less responsive than the DS4. Still can't get over the batteries.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do.

I find the Xbox controller far more uncomfortable and unsuited to most games except FPS's.

The bottom of the Xbox Controller always digs into my hands and it sucks.

Vastly prefer Dualshock 4.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer the DS4 and I think it fits my hands perfectly, but I have no problems at all with any of the Xbox controllers either.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Prefer the DS4 over everything now since it's symmetrical sticks.

I like the triggers better on XB1 pad.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So how much of a strange opinion is it to even prefer the DualShock 3 over the 4? That's what I've been leaning towards the more I play both systems.

Familiarity must play a role in that, since I still have my PS2 hooked up and use the PS Classic controllers for emulators.

I still love the classic DS3 design, but is it just me, or were those some of the least durable controllers ever? The DS1 and 2 were built like tanks compared to them. I still have two, and both have analog drift and tend to activate buttons on their own. I dunno if they're shorted out or what. The plastic felt way cheaper on those.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer the DS4. I haven't really liked the way any XBox controller felt in my hands, though I still haven't tried the pro.