• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would you be okay with next-generation being delayed?

• Yes

Votes: 249 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 73 22.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
For me, I have a funny odd feeling we won't be seeing any type of next-gen because I'm assuming the factories are shut down or probably not. Also now that Microsoft cancelling events like GDC, I don't see E3 happening at all. I have a feeling we will see it in 2021. Hopefully, I'm wrong and just making assumptions.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
def has a chance if factories close and cause shortage of supplies.

i would be okay, am kinda broke right now and have lots of games to play.

EDIT: and yes, safety and health REALLY comes first. workers unite.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
in 3 months i think corona virus will have passed. production probably wasnt going to start until summer

atmost consoles will launch next spring.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
If they are delayed there's nothing I can do about it. But I'd prefer they came out this year in limited capacity.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Health comes first. It's possible that the next-gen consoles could launch in Q1 2021.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
I think the most likely outcome will be extremely limited supplies over the holiday, but honestly it would be better for humanity to just delay and let workers avoid getting sick

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
They may be in short supply, but they will release this year. And no I wouldn't mind, doubt I'd buy one this year anyway.

/mutters annoyingly under his breath about the thread title question being different than the poll question.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Obviously everyone should be fine with a delay. Ridiculous that people voted otherwise.

But I think severe supply constraint is far more likely.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I'm totally okay with it, people's health comes before entertainment, but I wish at least one of the two consoles would come this year.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Do I expect the PS5 & Series X to be delayed, no. Would I be okay with a delay, yes.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
The boxes are going to still come this year. Games, on the other hand, might be delayed if the virus stays for a while. (But if it does, we might have bigger issues than videogames)

Maybe_its_Cthulhu

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be ok for it to be delayed.

But I don't think it will.
If anything there will be a lot fewer units to buy and getting a hold of one will be a nightmare or priced stupidly.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Voted no; because I wouldn't be okay with it? That's what's fucking wrong with me, i-Lo. But it is what it is, things could turn bad, but it doesn't make me ok with it.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I would be ok if next gen consoles had to be delayed, but dont think it will. The virus thing is previsted to be controlled by the end of April. In China is pretty much controlled, its just still growing in other places.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
For sure. Health comes first and launch windowe are usually anemic so a spring launch wouldnt be a big deal to me.

As for whether or not they will do it, I think it's still too early to tell. Guessing if this is as bad as it gets they'll just go for a soft launch with a low amount of units or stagger the launch to ease availability in NA & EU with Japan getting the short end of the stick. If it gets worse though then yeah I can see them pushing launch back to spring to avoid a weak launch lineup/availability.

Last edited:

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I would be ok with a delay in the context of health and safety concerns, but I don't believe the consoles will actually get delayed into 2021.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It really doesn't feel like next gen is coming this year, at least at the moment.

Xbox I could see launching 2020 but It won't surprise me if PS5 if delayed.

Aug 10, 2019
I think the only people who wouldn't be ok with the delay are really spoiled kids and the aforementioned companies stockholders... That puts the stockholders attitudes in perspective

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
If they gotta do it then do it (delay them). I bet the China close downs will definitely impact them, either that or there will be a lot of shortages.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
It does seem more and more likely as the manufacturing in China seems to really have taken a hit. Even if they do launch, they will be insanely supply constrained if the virus does not slow down when the summer arrives.

Oct 27, 2017
I can't say I'm on edge for either of these things to come out. It's not like they have some great exclusives unveiled that I am dying to play.

Naxat

Oct 29, 2017
I'm totally ok if a delay happens and not only for the obvious reason, the health of the workers should be priority, but also I m ok with my ps4 pro for some more months , there are enough great games that I have not played yet and there are still some awesome games releasing this year.

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can imagine launching being hard with everything going smoothly let along having this virus thing affecting it.

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
Actually would fit better for me if it delayed, But is ok if it delayed because the virus world wide health issues is first.

Deleted member 63139

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Who can disagree ?
Besides spoiled, insensitive and hypocrites who don't care about the health of people working at Foxconn and other factories of course.

But again, too soon to tell, between the cold season ending, research on the virus, efforts to contain it etc

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These consoles will hit their launch dates this year. Quantities may not be at desired levels, but it will happen.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think both consoles definitely come but wouldn't mind a delay if it's in the best interest of everyone

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I cannot personally see there being a delay at the moment, but if there was a delay due to the virus then I'd be fine with it.

Even if I wasn't fine, it's not as if I have any sort of choice. We'd have to all just accept it and move on. Health is more important than a game console.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I don't expect it but for all I care they could come in 2023 if it needs to, health always first.

Status
Not open for further replies.