• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Sony didn't reveal much of average user features other than the 3D audio profiles so we don't know as of yet.

It was call the "Road to PS5". Not "Next-Gen All Stop Shop.

They're milking it.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Let me hijack this thread to also ask, how PS5 is going to handle cross gen games like Cyberpunk.

Xbox has said that if you insert the disc for example, it will give you the best version for your console but with PS5 we know it switches to a legacy mode to hopefully run it. That implies you won't get the PS5 version.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Let me hijack this thread to also ask, how PS5 is going to handle cross gen games like Cyberpunk.

Xbox has said that if you insert the disc for example, it will give you the best version for your console but with PS5 we know it switches to a legacy mode to hopefully run it. That implies you won't get the PS5 version.
It only works like that for first party games on Xbox, I dont think other publishers confirmed that they will do that as well.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Going by their low power rest mode feature that they talked about a few months ago, it is implied that they already did most of the work for this feature, no reason not to implement it unless they don't want to require users to have a free 50GB storage at all times. It's possible that they don't have it on launch, as they didn't confirm it, but the Idea of copying your memory state to an SSD and back is already working.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
I speculate that for same platform games it will (ps5 to ps5 or ps4 to ps4) but there may be some issues when going ps4 to ps5 or ps4 to ps4 pro and vice versa because of how clunky their backwards compatibility solution is.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Depends whether Sony finally adopts virtualisation for PS5.

They would need to for this to work, but it's not how they've done things in the past and it would be a major shift.

IOTS

Dec 13, 2019
I hope it doesnt. Taking away resources for such an unnecessary feature is dumb.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Questions like this can be asked in one of the existing PS5 tech or comparison threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.