• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nowise10

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else think ResetEra, or more specifically the "Etcetera" forum is extremely boring compared to the other place before the collapse? There is nothing fun or entertaining. Right now It's either politics, allegations, or an OT for something most don't care about. Nearly every time I check out Etcetera I leave after 15 seconds of looking at the thread titles because its all the same stuff.

Where are the fun and mindless entertaining threads? What happened to them?

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else think ResetEra, or more specifically the "Etcetera" forum is extremely boring compared to the other place before the collapse? There is nothing fun or entertaining. Right now It's either politics, allegations, or an OT for something most don't care about. Nearly every time I check out Etcetera I leave after 15 seconds of looking at the thread titles because its all the same stuff.

Wait till new members have permissions to post new threads.
You will regret your words.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crap posters seem to have largely not migrated (inb4 other than you). The OT is less exciting than GAF's, that's true. The gaming side is doing very well though.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Doesn't feel like that kind of place. Maybe not ever or maybe just not yet?

You take a look at other place recently? It's a ghost town. We also still have goof threads:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/do...-with-their-stuff-dipping-in-the-toilet.5688/
I completely forgot about that thread. Alright, nevermind I was wrong.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
The other place is pretty dead
And I guess the people that got left behind we're the ones making the dumb "entertaining" threads.

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
Seems fine to be... problem is a lot of members waiting for their right to post.

But in 2 months or so... this will be MADNESS! :D

Cream

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The other place is a pathetic ghost town, but we need more of you weirdos posting threads asking for advice you should already know.

More threads that make me think "why can't any of you fuckers just be normal people"

Lol

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
It's a mixture of a lot of people not having thread making privileges yet and it yet being a time where not a lot of fun things are happening.

Snobby Rob

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Member was warned for complaining about mods at the other place
The moderation sure is more heavy handed thats for sure. Moderator names need to be shown on the warnings and ban messages to make sure ones not going crazy like bish and besada did.

Nov 1, 2017
It has the spirit of the old without the messed up things, not to say little things may not happen here or there but overall I think the spirit has transferred very well. The number of post and threads plus population has been nothing short of mind blowing. It may be just what you are feeling right now that makes you think as you are or perhaps you miss someone or imagine something was left behind. With a big shake up it's normal enough to feel those things. In some ways it can be like thoughts of an ex, can be all over the spectrum.

Ajax35

Alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've found this to be better than the old place, honestly. The moderation in particular is light-years better.

adamblue

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
DFW, Texas
I do think it is a little more tame, which could have to do with the system used to vet posters here. It could get a little more "wacky" as time goes, but I do think this is a good thing. We're also easing into tolerable subjects, discussions, basically learning from each other and creating a progressive community.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
um you do realize you can make some threads yourself OP if you want to liven things up to your standards

As for me, it seems pretty much the same most of the time

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The moderation sure is more heavy handed thats for sure. Moderator names need to be shown on the warnings and ban messages to make sure ones not going crazy like bish and besada did.

So all the crazy right wing nut jobs can cry on their forums and dox people after getting banned for dropping a racial slur? Nah, b. If you don't like the heavy moderation here, you are welcome to post elsewhere.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
It's mainly that the large, core base of the community doesn't have thread privileges yet for some reason. You want stupid? We can give you stupid.

Edit: I would also question whether or not you've actually looked over there recently. It's not mostly dead, it's dead dead. But I assume you mean before the fall.

Samimista

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think so. I personally love this site and reading the threads.

Plus, purple is my favorite color. <3 Can't go wrong with it.

rstzkpf

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The majority of the members here don't have thread posting privileges yet. But that will be changing soon. Just you wait.

Evil Calvin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Louis
I mean come on! The other place only had 24 posts in the last hour (gaming discussion) while there have been over 60 in the last hour in this section here.

edit!!! My maths WAYYYY off. Lot more than 60. 60 threads but many more posts. Point is....lots more here!

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"why can't any of you fuckers just be normal people"

Lol
3643.jpg

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.