• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Say what you will about Sonic but one thing that fans seem to agree is that the music is always awesome. I mean, we have these absolute gems from the Classic-Mania Era

and the modern era has given us so many good tunes

I could make an entire thread for just one game alone. I mean, even Sonic O6 has one of the best soundtracks among the entire franchise. So does Sonic Music dethrone the rest then?

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
It has a lot of catchy tunes, I just never really got into the butt rock evolution it went through.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
The adventure games both had some awful music in them apart from anything else

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. It's OK but nowhere close to being the greatest.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Well, considering the fact that Sonic Adventure 2 has the greatest soundtrack of all time. Yes, yes it does.
youtu.be

Sonic Adventure 2 Original Soundtrack (2001)

📁 Game: Sonic Adventure 2 (© 2001, SEGA / Sonic Team)🎮 Platforms: Dreamcast / Gamecube / Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3 / PC (Steam)🎧 Composers: Jun Senoue, Ken...

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It's up there imo

Ratio of amount of games to great tunes is HIGH

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's up there, but I dunno if it quite crosses the threshold into stuff like Mega Man, Castlevania, and DKC.

A big thing Sonic has going for it is that even the awful games have some pretty great soundtracks. Forces is the only one I can think of that doesn't have at least a few pretty dang good songs. And even though the Knuckles songs got turned into memes, I actually think some of them are great; Aquatic Mines is actually one of my favorite video game songs of all time.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
The original games have some of my favourite 16 bit tunes, but hasn't resonated with me much since (Mania aside)

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
On the one hand, Mega Man exists, so Sonic probably isn't best.

On the other hand, Sonic has the "Sonic R" and "Adventure 2" soundtrack.

Can you feel the sunshine, does it brighten up your day...

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
No. The series has enough bad butt rock that I can't reasonably say so.

That said, the music of the Sonic series is so good that it somehow even extends to its fangames, which also have absolute bangers in their soundtracks.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Throughout it's high peaks and low lows, the Sonic series has consistently managed to put out amazing soundtracks.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
sonic has some really great music
but uh
the best sonic music is rouges music in sa2

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a big fan of the Genesis Sonic music (and Sonic Mania) but I'd say Final Fantasy, Zelda, and Mario have better music, and a higher quantity of it.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If people would listen to something other than the main themes and character themes, they'd realize how freaking great the music is from the Dreamcast era and beyond.

"Buttrock" is the absolute dumbest complaint people have. The Sonic franchise has a wiiiide variety of genres within its music.

Last edited:

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
yo I still bump this to this day!

Edit: the unofficial black super hero them song!

Last edited:

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Here comes the GOAT

question is who ripped off whom ?

combichrist or sonic ?