• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
Yep. Out of a 600 song playlist probably only plays the last 200 songs. I blast it driving uber and 80 to 90% of the time it's the same group of 150-200 songs over a 4 hour period.

I was sure it was just me but yeah I've been seeing this over the past year.

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
I agree. Another thing that I hate about Spotify, is that they have most songs disappear from your custom playlists without warning.

Example: I have over 3,300 songs, then all of a sudden, it's now a bit over 2,500.

Thank heavens for this method in which it immediately lists whatever custom playlist that you have & that you can copy & paste it elsewhere (immediately did it before that happened):

http://spotlistr.herokuapp.com/#/export/spotify-playlist

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Google Play Music is far, far inferior.

Try this:

1.Go into the middle of your songs alphabetically
2.Pick a song at random, then turn on shuffle while it is playing.
3.Enjoy only listening to shuffled songs within a few letters of that song's starting letter.

Unless you click "Shuffle Songs" at the top of your songs list, you will never truly get to hear all of your songs shuffled. It is lazy and stupid programming and one more reason of about 50 why I think Play Music is shit designed.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
I was actually planning on making a similar Spotify thread featuring a couple more gripes about them:

a). Why are their "radio stations" so fucking terrible

and

b). How the fuck, in the year 2018, can I not reset my thumbs ups/downs for said stations

Boggles my mind as to why the platform is so popular for music streaming.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Their shuffle algorithm definitely seems to play songs they think you "like". There will be songs that I keep hitting replay on, and then when I leave things on shuffle, these same songs will inevitably be among the first in the queue.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland

Yeah that's fine, it's what they believe is the best solution, though I still think they should add a 'true random' shuffle as an option to be turned on in the app.

Their shuffle algorithm definitely seems to play songs they think you "like". There will be songs that I keep hitting replay on, and then when I leave things on shuffle, these same songs will inevitably be among the first in the queue.

Also in my experience it tends to play artists you've been listening to outside of the playlist more frequently.

edit: woops, sorry for the necro bump. I thought I was in the other new thread