• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
There is a shitton of these:

squeezethrough.gif

Usually in games I don't really mind, it doesn't even occur to me that this is hiding loading, but this game has an awful lot of them, some of them are really long, too.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
there's a whole lot of them, but at least they do mix them up with the animations more than most games

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
I don't even wanna no how bad the hitching would be if they took these squeeze moments out. Kinda sad actually that they had to do this. Next-gen version with less squeezing when.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I'd prefer a 'squeeze-through' sequence to a 20 second black screen when i'm waiting to respawn, though.

Yes, we really need those SSDs...

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I personally preferred Shepard's elevator rides. You atleast get some nice dialogue between your teammates then.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The bandwidth limitation that both consoles have really show sometimes. I don't remember the exact numbers but I think it was something around the 20 mb/s? That makes it very hard for devs to work with.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I would rather take loading screens actually. They'd take the same amount of time on consoles, but on PC and future consoles it'd be significantly shorter. The animation of squeezing through always remain the same lenght.

S I C K O

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
some design elements of this game dont feel modern anymore

this stuff and the platforming are not exciting

Tolby

Sep 24, 2019
Eastern Europe
Why can't we just have loading screens? Wouldn't it be better for both the player and the dev to make us wait a few seconds instead of designing the entire game differently, possibly making it worse?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Loading screens in 2019. In theory the next gen consoles should help with that.
Next-gen video games will be filling up much more memory with much higher assets so the jury's out on whether this is the last we see of this shit or not. It's not like loading times are instantaneous on a PC game running on a SSD, either...

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Next-gen video games will be filling up much more memory with much higher assets so the jury's out on whether this is the last we see of this shit or not. It's not like loading times are instantaneous on a PC game running on a SSD, either...
That's definitely why I said in theory because the SSD should help but also graphics/assets are always something that gets pushed as much as they can in big budget games.

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The more I read about it, the more I feel it needed some more time in the oven. I hope some issues regarding performance will be ironed out but these loading sequences will be forever in these games, sadly.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Rise of the Tomb Raider had a ton.

well, that game seems like it was the major inspiration for Jedi

The more I read about it, the more I feel it needed some more time in the oven. I hope some issues regarding performance will be ironed out but these loading sequences will be forever in these games, sadly.

yeah but they would have missed x-mas if they did that, this will sell like hotcakes, the mainstream market doesn´t care.
it is surprisingly janky for such a high profile release for sure

some design elements of this game dont feel modern anymore

this stuff and the platforming are not exciting

i will phrase it this way: in 2014, this would have been great, 5 years later it feels like "been here, done that: the game"

Last edited:

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am also here, the hype before launch was big but after reading some reviews and thoughts in the OT it's clear this isn't for me. I don't mind games that are formulaic at all but if the game has boring characters or lacks any sort of charm then I'll probably wait for a price drop. People using the word "slog" a lot.

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
i'm ok with these things because i understand its just masking loading. but honestly, i'd prefer it the game just took over and i didnt have to hold forward while it happens. i don't need the illusion of being in control, its not engaging.