• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AndrewPL

Oct 27, 2017
I just tried to do this with cdkeys (worldwide keys) and windscribe vpn, I am only getting 6months game time offered when trying to redeem the code!

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
I just tried to do this with cdkeys (worldwide keys) and windscribe vpn, I am only getting 6months game time offered when trying to redeem the code!

What kind of key did you buy? Check to see if they sent you two 6 month codes. I think I've read in the past that sometimes you can get four 3-month codes if you buy the 12 month key.

AndrewPL

Oct 27, 2017
What kind of key did you buy? Check to see if they sent you two 6 month codes. I think I've read in the past that sometimes you can get four 3-month codes if you buy the 12 month key.

ok...this is me being dumb then!
Yeah I bought 3x 12 months, the "collection" has 2 lines and I was just copy pasting it all in there!

AndrewPL

Oct 27, 2017
ok...this is me being dumb then!
Yeah I bought 3x 12 months, the "collection" has 2 lines and I was just copy pasting it all in there!

just a note to anyone that gets 6x 6months codes, it let me redeem the first 5 but not the 6th due to exceeding the limit (I guess by one day?)
Customer support said wait 24 hours and then you can redeem the last card.

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
Help!

I bought a 1y XBL sub from Turkey on CDKeys, I wasn't connected to any VPN while doing that.

I'm on FlyVPN connected there.

I try my code on the redeem site and it says that it will be added on my account (Türkiye) and it says that it cannot be redeemed, that it was bought from another region than my account.

Where do I change my account region exactly? I changed it from the "Your information" page on MS' website.

Edit: I also tried WindScribe VPN. I was able to go further on the redeem site except that it now says that it was bought in another region and cannot be used.

Last edited:

AndrewPL

Oct 27, 2017
Where do I change my account region exactly? I changed it from the "Your information" page on MS' website.

The only place I could see it was when you clicked on your profile picture - my microsoft account
Then click on your text name at the top to go to your info where you can change your region within profile info, I guess it may also pay to make sure you also remove any billing addresses if you have them?

for me, when you refresh the redeem page it will change which region you are redeeming for (make sure it says above the code input box - It'll be added to [email protected] (Turkey)

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Help!

I bought a 1y XBL sub from Turkey on CDKeys, I wasn't connected to any VPN while doing that.

I'm on FlyVPN connected there.

I try my code on the redeem site and it says that it will be added on my account (Türkiye) and it says that it cannot be redeemed, that it was bought from another region than my account.

Edit: I also tried WindScribe VPN. I was able to go further on the redeem site except that it now says that it was bought in another region and cannot be used.

I think you missed a step somewhere.

The instructions said
4. Go to http://redeem.microsoft.com/ login into your account and change region below page to turkey and refresh one time (all of this while still activate VPN to Turkey)

At the bottom of that page should be a place to change your language. Not sure if that changes region as well but it "should" be at the bottom of the page.

I don't think you're supposed to change your account region unless you absolutely had to; see the section regarding the CountryMismatch issue in the OP

I can clean up the instructions to make it clearer but since I haven't done the VPN method yet, I don't know the exact steps (which is why I quoted another user's instructions)

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
I think you missed a step somewhere.

The instructions said

At the bottom of that page should be a place to change your language. Not sure if that changes region as well but it "should" be at the bottom of the page.

I don't think you're supposed to change your account region unless you absolutely had to; see the section regarding the CountryMismatch issue in the OP

I can clean up the instructions to make it clearer but since I haven't done the VPN method yet, I don't know the exact steps (which is why I quoted another user's instructions)

Thanks for your answer. I changed my region back (my error), activated VPN with Windscribe to Turkey, went to redeem page and changed my language to Turkey. The code I bought yesterday worked so now I have 1 year of XBL.

With that newfound success, I went and bought another 2 years of XBL, tried the same thing and... get an "GeoRestricted" error again, ahaha.

Edit: Waited a bit then tried again. A second code passed. Tried the third one, gets an error. I'll grab a coffee and try again later.

Edit: Came back, tried the third code several times and it finally worked. Bought one month of GPU, now I'm good until 2026.

Last edited:

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
My sub ran out, I guess this promotion is still going on?

homer-simpson-yes-yes.gif

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
Just done this after mine ran out a few days ago. You don't need to change any regions or languages on your MS account. This is what I did:

Bought 12 months Turkish XBL gold for £24.99 X 3

Switch on Windscribe VPN

Used private mode on browser and logged into redeem Microsoft and redeemed the keys

Switch off VPN and bought 1 month EU GPU on cd keys for £2.59 and redeemed that through MS redeem page.

EteRnal PAL

Oct 27, 2017
Received a month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for preordering Dead Space and have no use for it since I'm already a game pass subscriber. This code is only valid for new Xbox Game Pass members. Must be redeemed by April 30.

RRF6Y-779K3-M3RMR-7MPQJ-VY72Z

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Just re-upped, good until 1/31/2026!
I am curious, do you "lose" anything if your Live/GPU expires? I was under the impression with PS5 if your PS+ expires you lose access to games you had.. not sure if they come back when you re-up or not as I've never let it lapse since I got PS+. Not that anything from Games With Gold is worth a damn, frankly, but can you access this stuff if your account expires?

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I am curious, do you "lose" anything if your Live/GPU expires? I was under the impression with PS5 if your PS+ expires you lose access to games you had.. not sure if they come back when you re-up or not as I've never let it lapse since I got PS+. Not that anything from Games With Gold is worth a damn, frankly, but can you access this stuff if your account expires?

You lose Game Pass access of course, and whatever XBL Gold offers (playing online games and as you mentioned GWG)... I think that's it? I've had Gold for 16 years so I really don't know much else beyond that since I've never really not had it.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
Alright so no idea what happened but I bought codes for my country and for some reason I ended up with an USA Gold sub, so I wasn't able to upgrade because I was getting that "Chage your Region Error", support was a bunch of jerks that did not wanted to help but thankfully I tried the global Ultimate code method and was able to convert 3 years to GamePass Ultimate so yes, upgrade still works as of today.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
So I did this trick like two years ago, and my Game Pass ran out on Feb 10th. I purchased three years of XBL Gold and added it to my account just now (expires February 14, 2026). But seems like it's not offering me the $1 trial offer once I login/click on it (maybe cause I did it before?). Says $14.99/mo for me instead.

And I see a slightly different screen than what other people / tutorials have, I get one that says "switching" rather than "upgrading" and the sentence about "may result in less time remaining" kinda scares me, even though the renewal date on that screen is the same as my three years of XBL Gold.

yKh3uvA.png

Anyone else have this happen to them? I don't mind paying one-time charge of $14.99 if it actually converts all three years 1:1 (like the renewal date in that pic makes it seem) but I wanna make sure I'm doing things properly.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
So I did this trick like two years ago, and my Game Pass ran out on Feb 10th. I purchased three years of XBL Gold and added it to my account just now (expires February 14, 2026). But seems like it's not offering me the $1 trial offer once I login/click on it (maybe cause I did it before?). Says $14.99/mo for me instead.

And I see a slightly different screen than what other people / tutorials have, I get one that says "switching" rather than "upgrading" and the sentence about "may result in less time remaining" kinda scares me, even though the renewal date on that screen is the same as my three years of XBL Gold.

yKh3uvA.png

Anyone else have this happen to them? I don't mind paying one-time charge of $14.99 if it actually converts all three years 1:1 (like the renewal date in that pic makes it seem) but I wanna make sure I'm doing things properly.

I'm going to include that screenshot on the first page, if that's OK with you.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
I'm going to include that screenshot on the first page, if that's OK with you.

Yep feel free to use that screencap. Just checked your post on the first page and got the answer to my question. Bought the one month for $14.99 and it worked fine at converting three years of Ultimate Game Pass. Would've liked to get that $1 trial again but I'm happy with this. Thanks.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Yep feel free to use that screencap. Just checked your post on the first page and got the answer to my question. Bought the one month for $14.99 and it worked fine at converting three years of Ultimate Game Pass. Would've liked to get that $1 trial again but I'm happy with this. Thanks.

My bad, I was supposed to reply to you with an answer but I got too damn distracted trying to annotate your screencap to put on the first page. I'm not used to the new Paint app for Windows 11 and trying to copy and paste that image to Imgur was very frustrating; CTRL+C and CTRL+V would not duplicate my red arrows and didn't save the image to my clipboard for some reason...🤬

Thank you for the screencap though. It's nice to put up a visual aid for people going through the process 😁

inspectah

Oct 28, 2017
Germany

yKh3uvA.png

The last sentence is the important one:
"Your new renewal date will then be 02/14/2026."
So everything is fine. :)

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Having trouble selecting the turkey region in the globe icon on the bottom of the redeem page. Is it Türkçe (Türkiye) ‎? I'm using FlyVPN connected to instanbul server 4. And my eneba codes for Xbox live Gold isn't working.

Update: So i switched to instanbul server 2 and used global proxy. Türkçe (Türkiye). But after i click the right button of the bottom it said code was purchased from a different region.

Here's what the page says:

Contact the dealer to get a valid code in your area

This code cannot be used because it was purchased from a different region

PUR-GeoRestricted
pxta5FRo6Umlo3or.79.50

2023/02/18 - 19:05:56 UTC

Bought these Xbox live gold from Turkey from eneba.com. Appreciate any help if possible within 24 hours. Can give more info and pictures later if needed!

Update: Damn I got to a new page where it showed the Xbox live card icon and I clicked yes and it said out of region. Maybe I need to use a different VPN.

Last edited:

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
Having trouble selecting the turkey region in the globe icon on the bottom of the redeem page. Is it Türkçe (Türkiye) ‎? I'm using FlyVPN connected to instanbul server 4. And my eneba codes for Xbox live Gold isn't working.

Update: So i switched to instanbul server 2 and used global proxy. Türkçe (Türkiye). But after i click the right button of the bottom it said code was purchased from a different region.

Here's what the page says:

Contact the dealer to get a valid code in your area

This code cannot be used because it was purchased from a different region

PUR-GeoRestricted
pxta5FRo6Umlo3or.79.50

2023/02/18 - 19:05:56 UTC

Bought these Xbox live gold from Turkey from eneba.com. Appreciate any help if possible within 24 hours. Can give more info and pictures later if needed!

Update: Damn I got to a new page where it showed the Xbox live card icon and I clicked yes and it said out of region. Maybe I need to use a different VPN.

Try Windscribe. It's free. Also you don't need to change the region on your MS account or the redeem page, use private or incognito mode on your browser.

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
I've changed the language on the same page as the redeem website. Is the only way to change my account to Turkey from Xbox settings?

you dont need to change region or language, this is what i did a few days ago:

Turn on VPN - i used windscribe
open browser in private / incognito mode
go to reddem MS site
sign into your MS account and you should be able to reddem the codes

again, you do not need to change any regions or language on the MS redeem site or your MS account.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
you dont need to change region or language, this is what i did a few days ago:

Turn on VPN - i used windscribe
open browser in private / incognito mode
go to reddem MS site
sign into your MS account and you should be able to reddem the codes

again, you do not need to change any regions or language on the MS redeem site or your MS account.

Used windscribe as extension or desktop app and not able to redeem codes. Getting red font the code can't be redeemed and was purchased in a different region from your account. I did change my account to turkey too - might need to switch it back to US. I might need to try my other computer with ethernet to see if vpn isn't secure. If codes don't work by tonight I'll see if eneba allows refunds.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Damn I don't think eneba handles refunds for region locked codes… at least this only cost $90. Hope you guys have better luck than me. I even tried download a free vpn app with ads to try it on my phone and I keep getting the geo lock warning 😂

If anyone has any recommendations of other VPN to use please let me know. I don't understand why all my computers can't get these codes through.

Tried windscripe on windows 10, 11, and on Firefox extension. And I tried flyVPN.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Damn I don't think eneba handles refunds for region locked codes… at least this only cost $90. Hope you guys have better luck than me. I even tried download a free vpn app with ads to try it on my phone and I keep getting the geo lock warning 😂

If anyone has any recommendations of other VPN to use please let me know. I don't understand why all my computers can't get these codes through.

Tried windscripe on windows 10, 11, and on Firefox extension. And I tried flyVPN.

Based on the steps from the first page, can you highlight which step you're getting stuck at? I want to see if the steps can be clarified a bit more. Changing the account region is not part of the steps so I'm wondering what happened.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Based on the steps from the first page, can you highlight which step you're getting stuck at? I want to see if the steps can be clarified a bit more. Changing the account region is not part of the steps so I'm wondering what happened.
Got stuck at Step 5.

I came here to confirm that as of 14 May 2022 , this thing still work. and i got the best bang for my buck using VPN (yes, it work as well)

Here is what i do, step by step
1. Let sub run out
2. Buy 3 x 12 month of Gold code from https://www.eneba.com/us/xbox-xbox-live-gold-12-months-xbox-live-key-turkey it will be just around total of $90 for 3 cards (including service fee)
3. VPN to turkey using any service such as tunnel bear (I use FlyVPN)
4. Go to http://redeem.microsoft.com/ login into your account and change region below page to turkey and refresh one time (all of this while still activate VPN to Turkey)
5. redeem the code one by one (stuck here)
6. Buy 1x 1 month Ultimate code from https://www.eneba.com/us/xbox-xbox-...0-xbox-live-key-united-states/ultimate-choice will be just around total of $10 (including service fee) , global availalble as well from same vendor
7. redeem ultimate code via http://redeem.microsoft.com/ (no need to VPN anymore if you are in the US or US account)
8. Website will prompt that you can upgrade to Ultimate, so you do so
9. Website will say you CAN opt in for one month free if you activate recurring payment, feel free to do so as well as it also convert to ultimate as well
10. Boot your Xbox to check your subscription info, it should now be Ultimate 3 years +1 month free

So, you get 37 months of ultimate for $100 total, recommend to do all thing via Website on PC as it is work for me

Hopefully the pic below works.

ObZpmKY_d.webp

Used up all my data this month with windscribe free trial too lol.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Got stuck at Step 5.

ObZpmKY_d.webp

You bought the Xbox Live keys from the link in the steps right? If so, which vendor did you buy from? For FlyVPN did you use the $1 24 hour trial? There have been reports that FlyVPN does not work if you aren't paying for it, which is why I mentioned the trial. Also can you confirm that you set your account region back to US? I would suggest restarting the entire process and make sure your account is back to US as well. Trying to rule out the vendor as an issue giving you wrong codes.

Also, let us know if Windscribe works after you change your account back to US.

Abu05

Oct 27, 2017
Mine ends on March 1st. I think it should survive till than so I will be doing the trick for sure.

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
Got stuck at Step 5.

ObZpmKY_d.webp

try this link to the Turkish MS redeem site, also clear cache and cookies ect.

Microsoft hesabınız için bir hediye kartı veya kodu kullanma - Microsoft Desteği

Windows veya Xbox’da hediye kartı, kod veya Office ürün anahtarını kullanma ve bakiyenizi Çevrimiçi Microsoft Store’da harcama hakkında bilgi edinin.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
You bought the Xbox Live keys from the link in the steps right? If so, which vendor did you buy from? For FlyVPN did you use the $1 24 hour trial? There have been reports that FlyVPN does not work if you aren't paying for it, which is why I mentioned the trial. Also can you confirm that you set your account region back to US? I would suggest restarting the entire process and make sure your account is back to US as well. Trying to rule out the vendor as an issue giving you wrong codes.

Also, let us know if Windscribe works after you change your account back to US.

Bought codes from here: https://www.eneba.com/us/vendor/ultimate-choice

I've already switch my account back to US. Still does not work with windscribe. I've also used up my free 2 GB worth of windscribe.

I've also paid for the $1 24 hour trial for flyVPN and it does not work. I've got to a page where it showed the xbox live gold icon with flyVPN twice. But I click next and it says geoRestricted again lol

View: https://imgur.com/a/OxA9pea

Barbarossa

Oct 30, 2017

I've already switch my account back to US. Still does not work with windscribe. I've also used up my free 2 GB worth of windscribe.

I've also paid for the $1 24 hour trial for flyVPN and it does not work. I've got to a page where it showed the xbox live gold icon with flyVPN twice. But I click next and it says geoRestricted again lol

Try using the flyVPN app on your phone to enter the codes.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal

My last suggestion is to restart your computer. After that I'm out of ideas besides having someone else try out your codes or asking Microsoft Support to check the region of those keys.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
My last suggestion is to restart your computer. After that I'm out of ideas besides having someone else try out your codes or asking Microsoft Support to check the region of those keys.

Will try. Thanks again for the help. Gonna try the other suggestions above too. Does having a developer account (bought it for emulation for series s) and having the account set to US complicate redeeming codes from other countries too?