• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Does the middle seat get both armrests?

• Yes

Votes: 241 52.2%
  • No

Votes: 168 36.4%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Only bilateral arm amputees should be seated in the middle

Votes: 45 9.7%

• Total voters

Deleted member 42472

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 21, 2018
Yes. They have the least room to move. They get the arm rests

But they don't get to flare out their elbows into other people personal space. Have encountered way too many people who pick middle seat because they think that means they can fully spread out

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. There's literally a Jim Jeffries comedy sketch on this.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. First come, first served.

Or whoever overpowers and claims them for themself. Air travel invokes the law of the jungle.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
For sure. Those who say no either fly less than twice a year, or are gigantic assholes. Change my mind

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
You know, the fact that someone at some point determined that it was "okay" for three people to have a total of four arm rests AND that enough other people agreed with them to make it a thing is pretty messed up. It really says a lot of things about the airline industry.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
The middle seat passenger gets the armrest directly next to the window seat passenger, since the window seat passenger has the freedom to lean against the bulkhead, thus minimizing their need for two armrests. The aisle seat passenger cannot similarly move away from the middle seat occupant as that would put themselves continually in the path of various flight attendents/passengers moving up and down the aisle, so that second armrest is theirs by right to claim.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Whoever pees to mark their territory gets to claim it first.

In all seriousness though, yes.

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but I tend to look down on the people sitting in middle if they are traveling alone.

Get your seat early bud.

Arken

Jan 14, 2018
Seattle
Damn straight you do. You have less leg room compared to an isle seat and you can't lean on anything to rest like the window seat.

That shit is yours if you're in the middle.

Deleted member 42472

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 21, 2018
The middle seat passenger gets the armrest directly next to the window seat passenger, since the window seat passenger has the freedom to lean against the bulkhead, thus minimizing their need for two armrests. The aisle seat passenger cannot similarly move away from the middle seat occupant as that would put themselves continually in the path of various flight attendents/passengers moving up and down the aisle, so that second armrest is theirs by right to claim.
Flight attendant only walks past intermittently and gives warning if you are in the way

I sit aisle. I only have to tuck in very briefly unless I picked the seat in front of the bathroom

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Technically yes, practically no however as the middle seat has all the dignity and decorum of someone in the middle of a threesome.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I don't think anyone should take the armrest for the entire flight. Use it for a bit then give it up for the person next to you, it should be an elegant dance

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
I cant tell you how happy I was when I got my flight the other day and had all three seats to myself.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Here's a similar debate when flying :

www.cnn.com

A plane passenger filmed a man repeatedly pushing her reclined seat with his fist. Who's wrong here?

The flight was supposed to be quick and painless. Instead, it turned into what one passenger described as a painful assault -- and a lightning rod for what constitutes proper airline etiquette.

Should you recline your seat on somebody who's at the back and can't recline themselves?
Ofc you can. If that etiquette applied to the last seat it would apply to all seats because if last cant, then one before last cant either and then two before last cant as well, etc, no reason for seats to be reclinable.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Era-Man takes the middle guy's arm rest and then reclines while listening to music without headphones, because "technically I am legally allowed to do this"

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oof sometimes people are auto switched to diff seats. This is shitty and you are a mean person. You should feel bad about yourself

good to know my opinion on airline seat armrests informs my "goodness". Lol. Please grow up a little my dude, there's more to human beings than a sentence posted on the Internet.