• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Does the middle seat get both armrests?

• Yes

Votes: 241 52.2%
  • No

Votes: 168 36.4%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Only bilateral arm amputees should be seated in the middle

Votes: 45 9.7%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
I hate flying, I'm a big dude, I'm quite wide over the shoulders so I feel like I'm in the way all the time when I'm on a plane. So I try to give people the armrest even though my shoulder goes over to their seat. I feel like an ass when I fly.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, unless they're next to me in the window seat because I'm just having both, thanks.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I always give up the armrests. I take window and just pass out against the glass listening to music/podcasts anyway. No reason to make their miserable experience worse.

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I had a flight get cancelled through the booking agency right before I needed to fly so I booked again and was unable to secure an aisle or window seat. Got stuck between two rather large individuals whose girth both extended into my seat. ''Twas horrible.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I shouldn't be inconvenienced because others are too lazy or disorganised to book a better seat.
good to know my opinion on airline seat armrests informs my "goodness". Lol. Please grow up a little my dude, there's more to human beings than a sentence posted on the Internet.
Tbf your posts does make you sound like a gigantic asshole. You're equating economic status with being lazy and unorganised.

Rhaya

Oct 25, 2017
I kust let out the loudest and wettest fart i can produce and blamo, instant el ow room

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
You take any armrest you feel like if it's next to you, it's pretty much the first one who uses it.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Nobody gets the arm rests. When it's strangers next to you, it should be a no mans land dividing line.

If someone takes a middle arm rest, I'm of the opinion that it allows for free reign man-spreading by the other party.

Last edited:

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
Short haul they should yes

Any long flights and people are just gonna have to learn to share them, you can't expect the aisle and window seats to spend like 5+ hours in the same position leaning on one rest either.

Basically flying (in economy at least) is hell and people should be trying to make it easier for each other

FunkyPajamas

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but that doesn't mean pushing your elbows into my ribs, or manspreading into the other seats.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
to the seat beside the window, yes.

But what about the one beside the aisle?
There is armrest, yes, but you get knock all the time by people passing by.

What about a row of four??

Last edited:

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We should have barriers between seats on airplanes/trains and other public transport, that way normal civilized people don't have to deal with manspreaders and giants.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, it's only fair.

Yes. They have the least room to move. They get the arm rests

But they don't get to flare out their elbows into other people personal space. Have encountered way too many people who pick middle seat because they think that means they can fully spread out

Right. The space beyond the armrests is out of bounds. We're not fuckin' animals; we live in a society.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
This thread has made me realise I've never had the misfortune of the middle seat.

I always go for aisle seat now. Window when I was young and flying was still exciting.