• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It improves my opinion of the Xbox One X. It also give me more confidence in Microsoft's support efforts.

Even so, I want to play Xbox exclusives on PC so I no longer have a reason to own one.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Yeah, a big library of OG Xbox emulation would change my opinion about it. I just dont want to wait until MS selects the games for me, I wanna be able to pop in a random Xbox disc and play, cuz I have a few niche games I dont expect MS to ever support.

They've already said there won't be a big library of OG Xbox due to the age of the titles and how licensing works. Since they're basically needing to create a digital version of the game, some games will be impossible to do as the companies no longer exist or contracts were written on paper that have long since been lost. Others would have music used, which would also be a rights nightmare.

FATAL ENIGMA

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox offering alot of options for players, its great reliving these older games. Loving it and glad I can replay them. Certain points in them triggers a memory like Im back in time for a second

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
This is the most appealing feature of the Xbox One X to me at this moment. Still not planning to buy it but it is nice.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Will MCC receive a 4k update too on the Xbox One X (and more stable framerates for Halo 2 Anniv for instance?) Would be great to see that, especially at 60fps

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
They've already said there won't be a big library of OG Xbox due to the age of the titles and how licensing works. Since they're basically needing to create a digital version of the game, some games will be impossible to do as the companies no longer exist or contracts were written on paper that have long since been lost. Others would have music used, which would also be a rights nightmare.

Like I said, I hope they give us the option to brute force the emulation on any title.

TheWickedSoul

Oct 26, 2017
Not really, I'd change my mind if i had a 4K HDR TV and if $500 was pocket change to me. I'm happy with my big VCR xbox one.

Jinroh

Oct 28, 2017
Lausanne, Switzerland
Definitely. It's basically a perfect og Xbox and Xbox 360 emulation, and these two consoles lack proper emulation on pc. Ninja Gaiden black looks like a remaster; a higher resolution changes so much. I can't wait to try Read Dead in 4K.

wapplew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's industry changing feature. All console have to do similar BC going forward or fail horribly.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
It actually does.

I was in the "why get one if you have a good PC" camp. But now it seems appealing since there is no good OG Xbox emulation on PC

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely a positive that goes in the plus column.

It's nothing big for me though. I can't keep up with everything I want to play as is let alone going back to shit from previous gens.

Seldon

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't too enthused about the X, but when I heard about Crimson Skies in 4k I got the itch. Are they going to re-enable these old games on Xbox Live?

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
90% of these games look bad uprendered to 1080p, what makes them better in 4K?

I only have the Giant Bomb video to judge where they play like 8 or 9 OG Xbox games, and all of them still look terrible. Some crisper edges arem't going to do much, I think.
This idea sounds cool in writing, but actually seeing these games run is a different story.

Oct 27, 2017
90% of these games look bad uprendered to 1080p, what makes them better in 4K?

I only have the Giant Bomb video to judge where they play like 8 or 9 OG Xbox games, and all of them still look terrible. Some crisper edges arem't going to do much, I think.
This idea sounds cool in writing, but actually seeing these games run is a different story.

Que?

maxresdefault.jpg

They look fine.

Oct 27, 2017
Not really. While I see the appeal and benefit of having those games rendering at a higher resolution, if I were to buy a $500 gaming console it would be mainly to play newer games. And since my PC already does what the Xbox One X does for consoles, improved 360 backwards compatibility won't make me rethink my decision of not purchasing an X.

Wislizeni

Oct 27, 2017
Not in a way that makes me want one, but I do have to give Microsoft credit where credit is due. They're definitely listening to user feedback when it comes to the X, and are pretty fast to respond as well, all things considered. If there's a reasonable chunk of games that adopt these features, I can absolutely see why an X would be tempting for console players.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
That's actually a bigger difference than I expected. I watched the Giant Bomb showcase yesterday and thought all these games looked bad and most of them played bad as well. Guess you kinda forget how these games used to look on the original hardware.

Yeah, take a look at Fuzion Frenzy:

It practically looks like a remaster from a different generation. What they're doing with BC right now is seriously impressive.