• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Food for my soul
Moth+obviously+_50bc4c6c175312f25baa8de1289ea6ad.jpg
I complained to my friends about how freaky she is and then she kept showing in your avatar and in discords rofl.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had to do a double take, I would've never noticed those brief seconds with the dog being a jpg. That streamer was annoying af too.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Streamer is putting on show, guys. Monotone streamers don't do well lol. You need to ham it up at times. Plus, Pat is just crazy as well.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
The response to the video is not what I expected. Not sure if salty Ace Combat fans or salty old dudes who don't like fun.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure Pat tones it up a bit but he seemingly always takes things to 11, including inane shit like this.
I'm subbed to Pat lol. Not watching this series since I wanna avoid major stuff and its a game I want to play later. Pat is definitely a ham. He's not faking it per se. But he gets off on being silly on stream. And his fans like it

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Lmao Pat's reaction is hilarious , he loves stupid shit like that so it makes sense he freaked out . Still weird seeing him only streaming now :(

Solaire

Oct 29, 2017
That dog is funny on many levels but damn was that dude's reaction obnoxious.

Also, what the hell is going on with the visual direction in this game? Character models seem to be from a different era.
"It's a PS1 throwback dude"

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's with you people attacking the streamer? He probably just goes to high pitch when excited/shocked.

Oct 28, 2017
Let's get back on track here and focus on the fact that someone at Namco thought that there was nothing wrong with a dog that people would be seeing at that close of range being a blatant 2D stock image and that no one would notice.

That's a visual trick you pull for models in the distance that you barely look at, not for a goddamn centerpiece. The incompetence is the joke.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
It's not just the laugh, everything he says adds nothing and is delivered in an exceptionally off-putting way. Like nails on a chalkboard.

Cool dog, though.

Oct 28, 2017
Pat has always been like that in videos, on streams, on the podcast, at con appearances, everything. It's no act. He's just a shrill guy.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone's focused on the dog, and not how Uncanny Valley that entire scene looks. JPEG-Dog is just the icing on the cake.

Like yeah it's not exactly MoH-Warfighter tier but it's close.

Any idea if it's in-engine or prerendered?

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Nah that's just how Pat laughs and this is the sort of thing that makes him lose his shit. At least that's my experience from watching him Matt, Woolie and Liam for the last decade.

Some people have shrill laughs, it's not something you should be a dick about.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
.... And here I was griping that Namco could not be bothered with a X1X 4k patch....

I am enjoying the game thus far.

R.D.Blax

Oct 26, 2017
the best thing about this is that there's literally no reason for it

why does there even have to be a dog there?

why wouldn't you just... not have the dog in the scene?

He is a crucial part of the plot. The dog needed to be here, but they probably realized that just because you can model cool plane, that doesn't mean you can model cool dog.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His reaction is so annoying that it immediately cancels the hilarity of that dog being an static image.