• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
So post the tweet that bamco made, not some annoying streamer over reacting to it.
this is such a petty perspective to have and a terrible argument. You're literally trying to rationalize coming into a thread and derailing it. I clicked on the thread watched the video and laughed then scrolled down to laugh at more discussion about it and instead see a bunch of salty people complaining about nothing.

The dog can be hilarious and the reaction can be loud and shrill at the same time. Both are part of the content provided in the OP and is fair game to be discussed IMO.
by this logic thread derails wouldn't exist? Please explain what the hell is being discussed? Obviously not the original intent of the thread which was literally a lighthearted ridiculous occurrence in a game that's been talked about a lot recently.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
this is such a petty perspective to have and a terrible argument. You're literally trying to rationalize coming into a thread and derailing it. I clicked on the thread watched the video and laughed then scrolled down to laugh at more discussion about it and instead see a bunch of salty people complaining about nothing.

That's nice but I watched the video and saw a dude screaming annoyingly, so I couldn't really take in the joke.
Some people have headphones on, etc or again, just don't like people screaming in videos.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not going to watch the video because.. yah I value my hearing and from the replies this is another streamer who blows his mic levels making chimpanzee noises.

But I'm just glad that the dog has caught people's attention, it was a beautiful sight.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
That's pretty funny, honestly. I think people are imagining a worse reaction than someone gleefully noticing a game using a 2D photo asset alongside 3D-modeled CG.

Wyndstryker

Oct 25, 2017
never noticed it the first time. but now that i see the scene again it's blatantly obvious.

can no longer unsee

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Omg, I just read the twitter and saw that Bandai namco nordic posted this image too in the replies..

slH02j4.jpg

I laughed so hard I woke my daughter...

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
The dog is great and I love them a lot. It and everything else I've seen makes me want to get AC7 at some point.
Imagine being so insecure about yourself that you have to come into a thread about a good dog.jpeg and feel that need to have to complain about the person's laugh in the video. Y'all are some real badasses that are really sticking it to him and are super fun and cool. /s

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
I just realised that it's sorta odd for me to be not at all bothered by Pat's reaction. I generally don't like shouty, loud video game streamers and such and I find the overreactions to video game announcements for example to be utterly insufferable most of the time, but this was completely fine. Maybe I watched enough of Pat's work to just automatically register his reaction as normal Pat.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
lmao that is hilarious.

Also this thread is embarrassing with all these emotionless hot takes on how people should react to something or what is supposed to be funny.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
That's amazing and some of you have no sense of humor. Unintentional comedy is best comedy. More dumb shit in games, pls.

I don't watch LPs, but I've seen this clip before. Woolie's laugh is the most pure thing in this world.

By pure luck I saw the Arcana Hearts fisticuffs video before this as well so I had the added context of seeing Pat slowly go from "urgh" to mild curiosity in that video lol.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
If you actually watch the video, the dialogue of the game is significantly much softer than the shriek that come after. Common sense that people who first watch the video didnt know it, turn up the volume for the dialogue and got assaulted by the shriek.Why not? Its something not usual
I did watch it thanks?

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad some of ya'll decided to use a 20 second video as fuel for indictment on "gaming humor" or "memes" or "twitch comedy" or some bullshit

Like Jesus fucking Christ, even the game's goddamn publisher is taking this in jest in comparison to some of the people here

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Then you lack the ability to imagine the logical processing of a normal person in such circumstances i guess?
Trust me, your reaction to this video and others in this thread is not normal, and should not be treated as such. Any reasonable person is either going to turn the volume down or not have their volume blasting in the first place. Edit: and you're citing common sense...Why're you trying to listen to the dialogue in the cutscene when you're supposed to be looking for a funny cardboard dog?

Even if you somehow were annoyed by this persons reaction why waste time commenting about it like some bitter internet edgelord stereotype when the entire premise of the thread has nothing to do with that specific streamer?

Even if the cardboard cutout in a video game gag turned meme flew over your head why waste the energy coming in here to proclaim your apparent superiority over something so innocent that you could just go "lol" and leave.

I think I just lack the ability to be an asshole judging from your condescension. LOL

Last edited:

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
AC7 Campaign Spoilers

That dogs definitely not alive anymore after seeing the crashed plane with the Rose emblem, yea? :'(

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing funnier than them trying to pass off that static dog image is that a bunch of people got upset that people found this funny.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This has to be one of the worst threads on this site.

So many wet blankets.

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
Is it too late for me to also make an ill-judged attempt to appear mature and tasteful via the medium of superficially judging a man for having a high-pitched voice? No one has indicated that they think I'm a rude jerk today, and I'm trying to maintain a quota.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
So um, am I alone here?

Because JPEG Dog is the least of the weird shit standing out to me in this scene and yet I've seen noone else here bring up all the other weird shit.

Like the terminal case of Xenoblade X Syndrome going on with the faces of the women (and only the women, compounding the Xenoblade X Syndrome further)