• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
these leaks are not coming from the white house. they're DOJ sources. now, where those sources loyalties lie is an open question, but at least some of this reporting has come from sources described as close to rosenstein.

because it's DOJ leaking it, not Rudy.

From the original CNN article:

Washington (CNN) — Attorney General Bill Barr is preparing to announce as early as next week the completion of special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation, with plans for Barr to submit to Congress soon after a summary of Mueller's confidential report, according to people familiar with the plans.

It says nothing about a DOJ source. CNN has been getting these leaks from the White House. They're trying to control the narrative, and they're doing an awful job.

Link to Article

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
these leaks are not coming from the white house. they're DOJ sources. now, where those sources loyalties lie is an open question, but at least some of this reporting has come from sources described as close to rosenstein.

because it's DOJ leaking it, not Rudy.
This is a fair take but at the end of the day, it is Trump's DOJ. I'd take anything that comes out of it with a grain of salt. Technically Matt Whitaker could be a source close to Rosenstein.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This whole thing right now is a mix of a non-event and also pretty crazy. It doesnt seem to change much since the initial story was 'as early as next week' basically saying its close now but may not be next week. But its crazy because there is such frequent back and forth from sources contradicting each other that it seems to lend more credibility that these guys really are guilty as fuck since they are playing narrative games for pr. Maybe they see this as a way to get people more impatient and demand the investigation end?

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
From the original CNN article:

It says nothing about a DOJ source. CNN has been getting these leaks from the White House. They're trying to control the narrative, and they're doing an awful job.

Link to Article
I mean, that article doesn't say it's a White House source either. It is clear, perhaps not from that article but there have been others, that some of this "Mueller is expected to wrap up soon" recent spate of reporting comes from DOJ sources.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that article doesn't say it's a White House source either. It is clear, perhaps not from that article but there have been others, that some of this "Mueller is expected to wrap up soon" recent spate of reporting comes from DOJ sources.

I feel like the denials are always credited to the DOJ, whereas confirmations that it's wrapping up are always "people who know," which would include Giuliani, since he's not technically White House staff.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So... It is done, they're just delaying it a week because POTUS is overseas? Am I reading that right?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The CNN story in this thread seems to imply that the reason it is not coming next week is for that purpose, though.
Seems like that's just more speculation. The report goes to AG Barr, who writes his own report / statement. There's no reason for the SCO to care about Donald's travel plans.

Before the midterms, there was similar speculation about how Mueller is holding back on the release report until after the midterms or whatever.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
OptimalInsistentBluebird-size_restricted.gif
Break the wall down?

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When will journalists stop using Rudy/WH as a source on matters related to the Mueller investigation?

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I mean.. why should they give a fuck about a traitor's fucking plans?

I know the court doesn't give a fuck about my plans. And the constitution says the president isn't above the law.

Nov 1, 2017
To be fair, you don't write that unless you think next week is a very strong possibility. Otherwise you're just saying, "report coming at some point in the future."

Maybe it was within the realm of possibility at the time. But you're right, the headline was just meant to say it's coming soon, but that's so vague it's basically unverifiable.

Dec 23, 2017
It'll happen when it happens. I feel like they are keeping tight wraps around this since the media will report every little thing.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
Like I said in another thread; a republican saw their shadow which means 6 more weeks of Mueller's investigation.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I said this in the last thread, they're still actively interviewing new people. They just interviewed the head of the shit stain on the world known as Cambridge Analytica. The investigation is still ongoing.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This shit happens again and again. Reason why I don't trust those "Mueller will turn in report!" articles

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
The only person to trust about the investigation is the SCO's spokesperson, Peter Carr.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I said this in the last thread, they're still actively interviewing new people. They just interviewed the head of the shit stain on the world known as Cambridge Analytica. The investigation is still ongoing.
From another thread, apparently this happened several months ago, but it just came out recently?

Anyway, the claims that this latest news came from Rudy are wrong - wasn't it mostly based on the activities CNN was witnessing around the investigation? Moving boxes out, not seating the grand jury for a month, etc.? The "I told you so" posts in here are so grating.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
From another thread, apparently this happened several months ago, but it just came out recently?

Anyway, the claims that this latest news came from Rudy are wrong - wasn't it mostly based on the activities CNN was witnessing around the investigation? Moving boxes out, not seating the grand jury for a month, etc.? The "I told you so" posts in here are so grating.
They just interviewed the SECOND person from Cambridge Analytica.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I mean, it was fairly certain anything else was Trump bullshit of trying to make reality what he wants, as if just saying its ending would pressure Mueller into ending it

Jan 15, 2019
There are so many threads yet to be addressed that it seemed weird to me that it would end by next week unless they planned on indicting like ten people that same day.