• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Illuvatar

Jan 22, 2019
If you ever go to Japan, the worst looks you'll get as a foreigner will be from other foreigners.

I think it's died down a bit now but it's still funny to see.
This is true and annoys the shit out of me. (Many) foreigners living in Japan believe they need to right the behavior of their fellow foreigners for some reason. The amount of times I've heard that I shouldn't walk through a redlight or eat on the streets, by foreigners, just to see a random Japanese guy do it a little while later, is infuriating.
The whole 'Japan is a magical place with truly special customs we have to adhere to' is alive and kicking and frankly is bullshit. How about: don't be an asshole and be considerate of others? That seems to work in every country I've been to.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, because in Spain Latinos are known to be quite the low speakers, half the time you can't even hear what they're saying. But again Spaniards are particularly loud.
Depends on the country of origin of said Latino no? My Spaniard brethren talk fast and loud but y'all aren't that different from my Dominican side of the family. You get my mom going and words per minute + volume would win awards somewhere.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope, LEO abroad tend to side with "expats" even in situations when i'm the local.

It's like they venerate the corrupt american enforcement and the majority that beneficts from it.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
the us soldiers often behave like complete fucking assholes, never had any issues with american tourists, they usually seem pretty nice

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
American visitors are wonderful most of the time. There was that one time I saw a big guy with a MAGA hat walk across Schiphol airport and get increasingly uncomfortable with the many stares until he stuffed the cap in his backpack.

It probably solidified his notion that America is the most free country in the world.

Turnabout Sisters

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
it's been soooooo long since I've heard this stereotype lol... there are some other countries that get the bad tourist rap now

Thronazuug

Mar 30, 2019
Just now. I had the worst train trip home because of four drunk americans. Actually that says a lot because yesterday I had a terrible stomachache way back home. However tonight takes the cake.

We were coming from a dinner night with friends. On the way back home four drunk girls join on to the same vagon. I understand people can be loud, especially saturday night, but this was extreme. They were literally screaming and all four were talking at the same time each and every one of them trying to speak even louder than the other. There were four guys also talking bit loud but wasn't anywhere near the same level. Though time to time they were louder than before. There was a woman trying to sleep behind those guys. That poor woman must have had nightmares.
It was a literal torture. I wanted to warn them and remind thatother people exist but my boyfriend stopped me.
They ruined the whole night for us. I still hear the dumb stories they screamed to each other.
Their accent was American so it's safe to assume they were from US. That reminded me this thread.