• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
People in here comparing body counts when the white patriarchy's hegemony is responsible for the disenfranchisement and impoverishment of millions of minorities. White men don't have to be pulling triggers to kill.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
People in here comparing body counts when the white patriarchy's hegemony is responsible for the disenfranchisement and impoverishment of millions of minorities. White men don't have to be pulling triggers to kill.
ain't that the truth. Locking Black men away for years for having pot in their possession does the trick just as nicely.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
That's also pretty outdated.
It's only 1.5 years old but seeing how close they are that's a good point. I'll look for updated statistics. Wouldn't surprise me at all if nationalistic terror has pulled ahead recently.

San Bernardino is 14 people killed, Boston Marathon bombers killed 3, Pulse nightclub was 49 ... those are pretty much the biggest "radical Islamic terror" attacks post 9/11 ... that's 66 people, am I missing anything else big?
There was Fort Hood which killed 13 and one in Salt lake which killed 5, plus the Beltway sniper which killed 10. Islamic right wing terror attacks tend to kill more but are less frequent than nationalistic far right attacks.

The study is in the article I linked.

Last edited:

Carl2291

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you crying yet, snowflake? Sorry that white men have a problem just living normally without seeking power struggles. If you're going to deny white supremacy you're on the wrong end of things here, anecdotal evidence aside. They were all US citizens, and far more crimes (also terrorism) were carried about by white people getting mad at literally everyone else.
Don't try to paint over the deaths of so many to push your agenda.

It's a horrible, disgusting thing to do and you should be ashamed of yourself.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
True. I'll look for updated statistics. Wouldn't surprise me at all if nationalistic terror has pulled ahead recently.

There was Fort Hood which killed 13 and one in Salt lake which killed 5, plus the Beltway sniper which killed 10. Islamic right wing terror attacks tend to kill more but are less frequent than nationalistic far right attacks.

The study is in the article I linked.

Vegas dude, Sandy Hook guy, Pittsburgh a-hole seem to match or exceed the numbers, so I wouldn't necessarily say there's a discrepancy there. "White male terror" is more frequent + the number of "mass" incidents (with a large loss of life) is just as high.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, Don Lemon said that?
donlemonferguson.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

This Don Lemon? He definitely going to catch some flack for this, but really. Where was this Don Lemon? Could have used him a few years ago.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Vegas dude, Sandy Hook guy, Pittsburgh a-hole seem to match or exceed the numbers, so I wouldn't necessarily say there's a discrepancy there. Right wing terror is more frequent + the number of "mass" incidents (with a large loss of life) is just as high.
From what I understand, most mass shootings aren't considered terrorism, cause it's not really done with an ideological goal in mind. Pittsburg was, cause that was white supremacist violence but the other two aren't, for example.

Just counting mass violence it wouldn't even be close. White dudes in the US shoot way more people in mass shootings than any other group by far (again, largely cause of access to guns).

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
This is the best summation of it, but I think we really need to think about the American culture that makes white men act like this. .

What about American culture makes white men act this way disproportionately but not...everyone else

I swear there must be something in the water over here. We spent at least six years of school basically having teachers hit us with at least two books a year where a good bit of the point was: racism is kinda trash can you just not? But looking at social media its wild how that flew over so many people's heads

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I swear there must be something in the water over here. We spent at least six years of school basically having teachers hit us with at least two books a year where a good bit of the point was: racism is kinda trash can you just not? But looking at social media its wild how that flew over so many people's heads

The thing is a lot of the years for people was maybe a week of "oh yeah racism bad"...

Then skipping onto other topics. I thinke education at younger ages only started to be semi-in depth about it.

The South being allowed to write it's own history after the Civil War is a huge contributor.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Don isn't exactly wrong, more recently in the United States there's been a rise in white terrorism.

The fix for this isn't a travel ban on anyone. It's fixing your old and busted 2nd amendment. Stop letting idiots have access to stupidly powerful weaponry.

That's insightful, thanks, you rock.

White, domestic terrorism in US:" Look, let me state the obvious and say that a travel ban will not work amerite? My 2 cents."

Stop the access to guns: "Let us just remove their current tools for attacks and let them be hateful racists in peace (until they find another ways to carry out their attacks)."

Wowowow

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Whoa, Don Lemon said that?

maxresdefault.jpg

This Don Lemon? He definitely going to catch some flack for this, but really. Where was this Don Lemon? Could have used him a few years ago.
Thankfully people can change, and for the better. Not even 8 years ago I was completely on the Right, I watched Fox News every day. Now I'm happy to say it to the world, liberal. Sometimes people need a harsh dose of reality. Trump was Lemon's reality.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
As a white man, what he's saying is genuine and white men are responsible for the vast majority of problems we're facing in America, if not the world in general.

That said, maybe he could have waited a couple weeks before saying this. It's gonna light a fire under the right's ass and fuel their "Them Vs. Us" mentality..

White men a threat? Moron.

Wow, look at this post count. Not even trying to pretend, huh?

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I also imagine the graph would look much different if instead of September 12 2001 through 2016, it was the last 10 years from today, or hell, the last 5 years.

If Islamic terror tapered off in the years following 9/11 then it doesn't make Lemons point wrong.

What is being said is what is the *current* biggest threat, and again, it's domestic home grown shit, not foreigners.
Those are some really good points.

Though you gotta remember that both San Bernardino and the Orlando nightclub shootings happened in the last 5 years, so that'd definetly skew the numbers upwards.

Looking at the study it's really hard to tell if Islamic terror has gone up or down or stayed the same (I can't tell for sure unless I was to get the numbers to 2018). The only real trend I can notice is nationalistic far right terrorism is way more common and consistent than Islamic far right terror, but with less large outliers.

Last edited:

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it'd be true to his character if he backed down from this. Really hope he does it, he's old enough to not give a fuck what anyone who rebukes him has to say. He's seen enough shit.

Vvinter

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
As a white man, what he's saying is genuine and white men are responsible for the vast majority of problems we're facing in America, if not the world in general.

That said, maybe he could have waited a couple weeks before saying this. It's gonna light a fire under the right's ass and fuel their "Them Vs. Us" mentality..

Wow, look at this post count. Not even trying to pretend, huh?
Been here for a long time. Just having fun watching morons.

Blaming white people for everything. Just as usual ;-)