• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark
Holy shit a thread.

People get offended at first glance, but if they think a little about it, then they should realize what this man is saying is true.
Nearly all school shootings, shoot-ups, etc, are committed by white men. I cannot think of any instance where a shoot-up was made by a POC.

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
Its amazing how butthurt white peeps always gets when being called out. Used to be in a chat with a bunch of supposedly 'progressive' white members on Era, and it was pretty scary the casual racism that runs rampant in there. Then of course when others joke about white peeps or call out the racism, they instantly play the victim role. Get the fuck over yourselves white people.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I mean, this is absolutely true. Whenever news break out about a shooting you can almost be sure it's going to be a white man. That's the reality and it's too bad if it makes people uncomfortable, I guess.

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Holy shit a thread.

People get offended at first glance, but if they think a little about it, then they should realize what this man is saying is true.
Nearly all school shootings, shoot-ups, etc, are committed by white men. I cannot think of any instance where a shoot-up was made by a POC.

You'd be hard pressed to name the two people that got blow back (DEAD) because a white dude (what was his name again?????) when he couldn't get into a black church to do that same thing. Only days before.

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark
You'd be hard pressed to name the two people that got blow back (DEAD) because a white dude (what was his name again?????) when he couldn't get into a black church to do that same thing. Only days before.
I saw that exact thread today on Era, and I would never have heard about it if it wasn't due to the fact that I browsed Era at that given time.
What we need to discuss is why these acts are skewed towards white men. The one you mentioned and the one from Pitsburg are clearly based on racism, but what about the Las Vegas shooter? The school shootings? What are the common personality traits that make them do such horrible acts? I think that should be a political topic of itself, but you can almost already predict the outcome.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw that exact thread today on Era, and I would never have heard about it if it wasn't due to the fact that I browsed Era at that given time.
What we need to discuss is why these acts are skewed towards white men. The one you mentioned and the one from Pitsburg are clearly based on racism, but what about the Las Vegas shooter? The school shootings? What are the common personality traits that make them do such horrible acts? I think that should be a political topic of itself, but you can almost already predict the outcome.

He already answered it with this:

Structural and systematic control over power dynamics, whether they be over the women desperate to leave their communities, and what those that stay to support the ideology, or the minorities that are used for chattel have to endure.
That lose of importance or relevance when you realize that you ain't shit outside of recruitment to go shoot brown folk overseas. Taking from the playbook of tears, there being nothing of relevance to come back to. Entire towns and states living on the tit of other states. Dead industries that even the workers don't want.
Propaganda from gramps from when it was actually cool to be an absolute racist shit and Nazi in America. That collection. Before the troops went over. When the troops came back, it was still the same. Vietnam fueled by the same hatred. Hatred for all of the people no longer in shit towns cos they had common sense and left.
Even when they haven't left because women went to get lives for themselves, and education and not be the knuckle-draggers bedsmates. Then comes the current. They are killing your kids before they are born.
They are teaching your kids to hate you. They are leaving you. Fast forward and white people are still enslaving people, they just do it with a prison system while they keep that boot on the neck.

Now, put all of that on top of several hundred years of mass murder, rape, torture land grabbing, land stripping, and European colonization and slavery. I don't think I need to repeat any of that. What we have now is "I didn't do it" by the descendants of those that can't get right about it. Except.... now they are doing it again!
I honestly don't think there's anything for PoC to discuss any longer. We fulfilled our part of the bargain with our votes and the only thing our "allies" needed to do was to make sure shit wasn't going to go backwards. It's way past time that whites talk to whites and get their collective shit right.

Last edited:

malyse

Community Resetter
59122425.jpg

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
Technically also. But too broad.

"Men are a threat to U.S. lives " also true.

Are any of the self loathing white dudes on here gonna go on a killing spree? Probably not, yet these statements assume they are.

He had the potential to deliver a focused gut punch but he went too wide, diluting the impact. Like I said, oh well.
That's his whole damn point dude.

CeramicDragon

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Orange, CA
Most shootings are from white men. They always downplay their race. If a shooter was Muslim, Black, Mexican, Asian; we would hear that part emphasized.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Most shootings are from white men. They always downplay their race. If a shooter was Muslim, Black, Mexican, Asian; we would hear that part emphasized.
when it's a white guy they always play up the mental health issue. Then republicans pick that up and run with it as though they aren't making getting mental health treatment more difficult while making guns as easy as possible to obtain. Rinse. Repeat.

You can see the zeal in their eyes when the perpetrator isn't a white guy.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
If the thread is about mass shooters being predominantly white in a predominantly white country, well no shit. Address the mental health issues, they aren't deciding to shoot up a school because they're white, it's because they're mentally deranged.
We can go back to the time where it wasn't mostly white and talk about those mass shooters of you like

Or the other mass shooters who kept the other populations down

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So many people in this thread entirely missing the point that he's making here.

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
Just like the caravan and Muslims being a threat. Too broad, and that's Lemon's obvious point, as well as being objectively true. It undermines Trump's xenophobia.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
I'm white, a gay man. Whenever I go on facebook and see the dogwhistle shit posts i feel exactly as Don Lemon verbalized. Fox news/Trump/right wing have been fear mongering the caravan coming through Mexico, but it isnt them i have to worry about. Its all the screaming, red in the face, angry republicans who would love to turn the country backward, by any means they can. They demonize Muslims, persons of color, gays, trans in particular. They voted a pathological liar, reality show host president.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you're not more afraid of your White neighbor than you are of a caravan or a Muslim, you're not living in actual reality.

Hell, your family members are more likely to kill you than anybody. Watch out!
Statistically, your uncle is more likely to violate you than an alien.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a whiiiite bastard and for some reason I have to say this endless...

"IF YOU'RE NOT A MONSTROUS DICK YOU HAVE NO REASON TO THINK YOU ARE INCLUDED IN THE 'WHITE PEOPLE' DESCRIPTOR!!!"

And whether you like it or not, you are benefiting from this damn system just like I do. That's why you have to speak the fuck up when you hear and see fucked up shit.

That's why every single one of us "allies" is culpable.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Its amazing how butthurt white peeps always gets when being called out. Used to be in a chat with a bunch of supposedly 'progressive' white members on Era, and it was pretty scary the casual racism that runs rampant in there. Then of course when others joke about white peeps or call out the racism, they instantly play the victim role. Get the fuck over yourselves white people.

Because only white people get butthurt when you make jokes or generalizations about them?

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
Why white people instead of white supremacist ? And why white men ? does white women get out of a loop for any reason when they massively voted for Trump ?

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
He's not wrong. All the biggest and deadliest attacks in recent years in the US. have been done by white people yet we are somehow just looked over in a completely different manner then when some brown people do attacks here in Europe and now ALL brown people are the enemy.

Why white people instead of white supremacist ? And why white men ? does white women get out of a loop for any reason when they massively voted for Trump ?

Cause to make a point? One Muslim man makes a terror attack, somewhere, now ALL Muslims (especially men) are the enemy of the "free people". I-lost-count-after-10 legitimately terror attacks by white men in the US, "it's cool, not all white people are like that".

It is fucking hypocrisy.

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd have much rather seen him nuance it to white supremacists or neo-Nazis instead of white men period, but I suppose we know he doesn't mean all white men. Poor choice of words, but otherwise it's the truth of course. You're much more likely being harassed or even killed by white supremacists than by any other demographic in the US.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dont define terrorists using their race/relligion/gender/skin color. Name the group youre talking about.
Cause to make a point? One Muslim man makes a terror attack, somewhere, now ALL Muslims (especially men) are the enemy of the "free people". I-lost-count-after-10 legitimately terror attacks by white men in the US, "it's cool, not all white people are like that".

It is fucking hypocrisy.

So your response is to legitimize both the stupid statements?

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
He's not wrong. All the biggest and deadliest attacks in recent years in the US. have been done by white people yet we are somehow just looked over in a completely different manner then when some brown people do attacks here in Europe and now ALL brown people are the enemy.

It is fucking hypocrisy.

It's not how you're making a point at all... You're not fixing a wrong by another wrong, both statement are stupid.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Dont define terrorists using their race/relligion/gender/skin color. Name the group youre talking about.

So your response is to legitimize both the stupid statements?

It's not how you're making a point at all... You're not fixing a wrong by another wrong, both statement are stupid.
Like the Right listens when you make it nuanced?

Might as well put it in a way that they constantly say themselves and maybe shit finally clicks for them how absolutely stupid they are. Or they just dig their holes deeper and it makes no fucking difference whatsoever anyway cause that is what they do no matter what you say.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Like the Right listens when you make it nuanced?

Might as well put it in a way that they constantly say themselves and maybe shit finally clicks for them how absolutely stupid they are.

This isnt a competition to out-right the right. And responses like that certainly wont discourage them from making their racist statements. If anything theyll say its fair game from here on (not that they didnt before. but more people are likely to not disagree with them). But you do you.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
Because he was making a point about racial profiling. He was not suggesting an actual travel ban on white people. He pointed out that whites make up the majority of domestic terrorism, and yet, unlike Muslims, we don't have a travel ban on white people. Why people are acting like this was a formal proposal to Congress to institute a white travel ban is beyond me. It was Don Lemon drawing a comparison between how white people are treated and how everyone else is treated. When a non-white group does bad things, we tend to blame the entire group, but recoil when someone does that with us. Lemon was pointing out that both were wrong.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
This isnt a competition to out-right the right. And responses like that certainly wont discourage them from making their racist statements. If anything theyll say its fair game from here on (not that they didnt before. but more people are likely to not disagree with them). But you do you.
Have ANYTHING discouraged them from doing so!?

They think anything is fair game because THEIR FUCKING PRESIDENT SAYS IT IS!

They don't listen to us at all! So WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK WHAT WE TELL THEM!?

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don is correct in more ways than we are aware.

Not just in terms of sheer terror but also institutionalized racism, bigotry, corruption, police brutality etc which all underpin their violence towards others. This also sums up the GOP in many ways.

I wonder how the dynamics will change when minorities take over the majority of the population in the coming decades.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep i agree its bullshit fam, always tell people what to do but cant be told what to do

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes you got to hurt everybody's feeling just to make a point so that those who feelings were hurt will make a change within their group. So everybody's angry, but then you realize why are we angry? Is it because everybody's doing it or is it because certain people in our group are causing trouble for the rest of us. Once everybody realize this, so they either fix the issue internally or escalate the issue even further. I would think that's what he was saying.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
As a counter to harmful generalizations made against other races, cultures, etc., he is entirely accurate.