• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody

Mar 5, 2018
You are right. I was wondering how Trump and his followers would spin this but they have. They are attacking the credibility of Buzzfeed saying people go there to find out if martians are real not news. We need another big news organization to corroborate this to deliver the final dagger otherwise this will be another dossier.

Lol, some of you have the patience of a gnat. Of course they're going to spin, it's their only move left. The 24-hour news cycle was a mistake.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Plenty of you are panicking at the thought of Republicans and Trump spinning this when it ultimately doesn't matter. If Mueller's report comes out with undeniable proof of several crimes being committed, it won't be up to voters. It's a criminal matter, not a political one.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I hope this isnt from the wh. Is t
Plenty of you are panicking at the thought of Republicans and Trump spinning this when it ultimately doesn't matter. If Mueller's report comes out with undeniable proof of several crimes being committed, it won't be up to voters. It's a criminal matter, not a political one.

That report -- can be modified/held back by the AG though, i saw in the OT.

Also, congress might not see the classified version?

Can someone let me know If i read shit wrong?

Gorgamel

Oct 25, 2017
What about the AG modifying the report? Aint that legal for them to do? Mueller has to hand it into the AG right?

They can subpoena Mueller directly. He can then testify if anything was modified or removed from the report. I also believe he could present his unedited report(barring any classified information).

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
If they subpoena Mueller himself and ask him to testify it doesn't really matter what the AG does, right?

I don't know. Thats why I was asking about the AG's power over the situation. That all sounds like a vastly longer process, which we will probably have to go through because Agent Orange is a fuckstain.

How does Trump get charged via muellers report ultimately? Whenever the truth surfaces. Who is going to bring charges for say conspriacy/etc? The House? or the Senate? Or .. the FBI? I mean how does that go down.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know. Thats why I was asking about the AG's power over the situation. That all sounds like a vastly longer process, which we will probably have to go through because Agent Orange is a fuckstain.

How does Trump get charged via muellers report ultimately? Whenever the truth surfaces. Who is going to bring charges for say conspriacy/etc? The House? or the Senate? Or .. the FBI? I mean how does that go down.

They could impeach him right now if they wanted. They're waiting for Mueller to finish because until Mueller's report is out, it's a blindly partisan move, even despite the many, many justifications for it.

Once the Mueller report comes out, if it has enough evidence of criminal wrongdoing, the impeachment will be much easier and some Republicans will likely be forced to break ranks with McConnell and Trump to save themselves. Removal will only be possible under impeachment if enough Republicans break rank and side with the Democrats.

Alternatively, they can just throw it to the state level and let New York throw the book at him.

Anacaona

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The house impeaches the president, the senate then 'passes' the impeachment. Gop has the majority in the senate. They won't impeach Trump.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like some people aren't understanding the others who say "nothing will happen." When I read people say that I don't think they're saying "what you gonna do when TRUMP STILL RUNS WILD ON YOU BROTHER" or anything like that. When I read those posts I don't think they're saying "nothing is happening to those in Trump's cabinet" nor do I think they're saying that nothing will happen to Trump eventually.

When I read those posts it reads like people are saying "well Trump's not arrested/impeached/removed/snatched up this moment and time so I'll wait until he is because I want to see it."

That doesn't mean he won't nor does it mean his people aren't getting got, that means he's still out here on Twitter and doing his thing so until he's snatched up that's their stance. Some people want to see that more than someone saying "well they've got evidence on him" or saying "they got one of his dudes, he's done."

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
except the justice department is of the opinion it's unconstitutional to indict the sitting president so in the end it's a political matter. if trump were to win a second term he may even outrun the statute of limitations on some things.

ofc the political argument is made easier when all of trump's associates are indicted, in prison, or confessed felons.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Removal will only be possible under impeachment if enough Republicans break rank and side with the Democrats.

Can they do this even if McConnell doesn't break rank? What if he says, "I and many Americans believe a Republican President, and ONLY a Republican President, is above the law, and should be allowed to kill children in the White House if he wants to. I'm not allowing an impeachment."

Can the other Republicans bypass him, or does he basically control the Senate?

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
They could impeach him right now if they wanted. They're waiting for Mueller to finish because until Mueller's report is out, it's a blindly partisan move, even despite the many, many justifications for it.

Once the Mueller report comes out, if it has enough evidence of criminal wrongdoing, the impeachment will be much easier and some Republicans will likely be forced to break ranks with McConnell and Trump to save themselves. Removal will only be possible under impeachment if enough Republicans break rank and side with the Democrats.

Alternatively, they can just throw it to the state level and let New York throw the book at him.
The house impeaches the president, the senate then 'passes' the impeachment. Gop has the majority in the senate. They won't impeach Trump.

Fuck impeachment. How about the crimes we all know he is guilty of? The Senate is not going to impeach him, they are traitors. So the crimes, how is he going to be held responsible for them.

Anacaona

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck impeachment. How about the crimes we all know he is guilty of? The Senate is not going to impeach him, they are traitors. So the crimes, how is he going to be held responsible for them.
If the republican party wins again, he's gonna get pardoned by the next president. There's just no way he's gonna (fully) pay for these crimes. Don't get your hopes up. Look at Nixon.

And as long as Donald Trump is the President (and if he wins again in 2020), nothing is gonna happen to him.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
The impeachment process is the reason Giuliani is out on TV spewing all this bullshit all the time. Impeachment is inherently political as it requires Congress. Rudy is out there trying to diminish these huge allegations because they just want to keep their base intact to prevent GOP Senators from turning on him. No matter what news comes out, whether it's from Muellers report, or voice recordings of Trump telling someone to commit a crime, expect them to continue this strategy because their base is stupid and racist enough to let it work, and GOP Senators are cowardly enough to let themselves be manipulated.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Can they do this even if McConnell doesn't break rank? What if he says, "I and many Americans believe the President is above the law, and should be allowed to kill children in the White House if he wants to. I'm not allowing an impeachment."

Can the other Republicans bypass him, or does he basically control the Senate?

If enough Republicans openly turn on Trump and express a desire to vote for removal from office, I don't think even McConnell could stop that.

Again. Impeachment and removal from office are two different things. The House impeaches, the Senate votes on removal. Clinton was impeached but not removed from office.

As for how he'll be held responsible for them, New York State will likely dismantle his entire business empire with a cacophony of lawsuits and throw his children in jail. It's very likely that the path to victory here lies in Trump being backed into an absolute corner and forced to resign rather than being dragged from the White House in chains.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
^This too. Clinton and Nixon were impeached. Nixon resigned, Clinton didnt. Cases were wildly different, but still 2 impeachments that didnt directly lead to being dragged from the White House. Nixon probably would have tho if he didnt resign, and Clinton was cleared of any wrong doing that would have resulted in being removed. I hate that Clinton's name is bought up with Nixon, but...as President there are expectations of you.

I cant see Trump remaining President if it goes to trial. I also cant see his ego allowing him to resign.

Why is it any time these threads happen, people get upset at people for saying nothing is going to happen. Then when a week goes by and when nothing has happened, another story pops up and its the same shit all over again.

It's almost like people forgot about the dozen's of other controversies that were sure to take down trump over the last 2 years....We get it. Trump is corrupt. We all knew this from day one.
For one the the investigation is still going on.

I worked at a big retail store where some ppl were stealing money from the company. When it was finally presented to the folks doing the crime at least a year went by, maybe close to 2. One reason was so it could grow into a bigger offense.

So when ppl say nothings going to happen, they need to remember its still an ongoing investigation. Why stop at one or 2 things when you can nail him for a whole shit load of things, and those connected to him?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
The fuck. Nobody has corroborated McClatchy's reporting on Cohen and he himself has denied it repeatedly post-indictment. Corroboration matters. Especially when one of the authors has a checkered past.

They're not acting like it though. They didn't act like this about the McClatchy reporting (who is often months ahead and has excellent people on the ground at places like the Miami Herald), nor the counter-intel investigation. No confidence, only mudslinging as retorts. There's very little wiggle room for them now without knocking down another teetering stack of lies over trying.

Honestly, is there any reason to trust Mueller more than any other Never Trump Republican? Like, maybe he'd have a little more sympathy toward trump than Trump deserves because he's a lot more like a generic republican than the drama surrounding him might suggest. I mean, this is Bush's 9/11 FBI director who's done a lot more to hide information from the public in that situation.

I don't think he'd ever purposefully run interference for Trump, but maybe he wouldn't hurry to finish the report in time for anything political to be done about it, or give trump the benefit of the doubt to not include some incriminating things and leave obvious outs for Trump, or not give that much of a fight to Barr burying the worst stuff. It's not like all those furled eyebrows from other republicans toward Trump are fake either, it's just you're a lot more likely you end it there when you overall see him as an ally more than an enemy.

I feel much safer letting the media and democrats handle the problem that only has a political solution that republicans will likely always oppose.

The point of having any right-of-the-political-spectrum people on the side of justice and the rule of law is how to avoid this being bogged down into partisan accusations.

The "11-13-17 Angry Democrats" or "Still mad Hillary lost" ring a bell? It's Individual Ones last redoubt of spinning this as a political play and him being above the law. Having GOP/independant join with but not take the side of Dems/liberals is excellent.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They will if the evidence is overwhelming and as horrible as expected. Just like Nixon.
At this point I think they could have him on tape shooting someone and the McConnell Mafia would still have his back.

Unless the base turns on Trump, of course. But that's a big "if." Even if we find blatant corruption (and I think we will) his base will likely just shrug it off and say "Everyone takes money for favors, that's just how it is."

Impeachment and removal doesn't seem like the likely path. However if he's facing an unwinnable election and the possibility of serious criminal charges when he becomes a civilian, he may opt to step down to get the Pence pardon or risk the wrath of a democrat-appointed justice department.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That report -- can be modified/held back by the AG though, i saw in the OT.

Also, congress might not see the classified version?

Can someone let me know If i read shit wrong?
You read it right. That was the concern raised with Barr.

Richard Blumenthal @SenBlumenthal

Today Barr told me, "there are two different reports… Under the current regulations, the Special Counsel report is confidential. The report that goes public would be a report by the Attorney General." The American people deserve the Mueller Report, not the Barr Report.

Barr wouldn't even pledge to tell Congress what he edited/deleted from the Special Counsel report before he shares it with Congress & the American people. Not a reassuring pledge of transparency.

From what we saw today, Barr has yet to quell the fear or make the proper commitment that he will not deflect & deny access to the full findings of the Mueller investigation.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The point of having any right-of-the-political-spectrum people on the side of justice and the rule of law is how to avoid this being bogged down into partisan accusations.

The "11-13-17 Angry Democrats" or "Still mad Hillary lost" ring a bell? It's Individual Ones last redoubt of spinning this as a political play and not him being above the law. Having GOP/independant join with but not take the side of Dems/liberals is excellent.

On top of that, look at how many times Trump has called Mueller a Democrat over the course of this investigation. Trump may be a bloody stupid fucking idiot, but he's absolutely afraid of Mueller because Mueller actually has integrity.

If Mueller releases a report with ironclad criminal evidence, some Republicans in the Senate will be forced to break ranks with Mitch to save their seats. Anyone who tries to protect Trump will have a target on their back in the next election, and any GOP senator in a swing state is going to be fucked if the GOP tries to completely shut down the report.

Nerdyone

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Whoa there buddy. First, let's not throw the term traitor willy nilly. Second, it the Republicans in the senat

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
At this point I think they could have him on tape shooting someone and the McConnell Mafia would still have his back.

Unless the base turns on Trump, of course. But that's a big "if." Even if we find blatant corruption (and I think we will) his base will likely just shrug it off and say "Everyone takes money for favors, that's just how it is."

Impeachment and removal doesn't seem like the likely path. However if he's facing an unwinnable election and the possibility of serious criminal charges when he becomes a civilian, he may opt to step down to get the Pence pardon or risk the wrath of a democrat-appointed justice department.

It's possible the GOP stonewalls, but even in that even Mueller and co will probably decimate Trump at a state level. He will go to prison regardless.

What I'm unsure of is how many senators if any are involved. The Republican senators trips to Russia are extremely suspicious. Given what we know, Russia sabotage is what a under investigation. Trump is just one of many pawns. Just imagine if 4 Republican senators are indicted, that would destroy both the trump administration and the Republican party fatally.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Michael Del Moro @MikeDelMoro

When pressed by Chuck Todd just now to confirm or deny, Lanny Davis says Cohen told him that they're not going to comment on the BuzzFeed story. Davis does say that Cohen said the story did not come from Cohen.

Davis says "I cannot answer that" when asked if there are other crimes (not yet public) which Cohen committed that the President directed him to do.

Katie Rayford @katie_rayford

When pressed about Mueller's filing and why the information in @BuzzFeedNews' new bombshell investigation wasn't in it, Lanny Davis continued: "The absence of something doesn't always infer something...we know that Mr. Mueller did not disclose everything in his filings..."

Meet the Press @MeetThePress

WATCH: Cohen's advisor, Lanny Davis, responds to Buzzfeed report: 'The story stands on its own' #MTPDaily

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

When pressed by Chuck Todd just now to confirm or deny, Lanny Davis says Cohen told him that they're not going to comment on the BuzzFeed story. Davis does say that Cohen said the story did not come from Cohen.

Davis says "I cannot answer that" when asked if there are other crimes (not yet public) which Cohen committed that the President directed him to do.

Katie Rayford @katie_rayford

When pressed about Mueller's filing and why the information in @BuzzFeedNews' new bombshell investigation wasn't in it, Lanny Davis continued: "The absence of something doesn't always infer something...we know that Mr. Mueller did not disclose everything in his filings..."

Meet the Press @MeetThePress

WATCH: Cohen's advisor, Lanny Davis, responds to Buzzfeed report: 'The story stands on its own' #MTPDaily

The pee tape is real

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States

I think his base of idiot voters will back him no matter what. But the politicians in Washington? Nope. While there are a few that would fall on a sword for Trump, I think most secretly can't stand him. If that tide has a valid reason to turn on him I think they will. They are all weak, it wouldn't even be that hard.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think his base of idiot voters will back him no matter what. But the politicians in Washington? Nope. While there are a few that would fall on a sword for Trump, I think most secretly can't stand him. If that tide has a valid reason to turn on him I think they will. They are all weak, it wouldn't even be that hard.
Given how quickly some of them started sucking up to him when he got the nomination - after, you know, accusing their fathers of plotting murders and calling their wives ugly - they'll go wherever the wind is going, regardless. They have no loyalty to him or anyone else. So we'll see...

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
lol

Evan Rosenfeld @Evan_Rosenfeld

Fox News: @greggutfeld says it "doesn't matter" if BuzzFeed report that Trump ordered Michael Cohen to lie to Congress is true (ignoring 18 U.S.C. § 2b): "It doesn't matter if the story is true or not. Because it was originally about collision & it's not even about that anymore"

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Given how quickly some of them started sucking up to him when he got the nomination - after, you know, accusing their fathers of plotting murders and calling their wives ugly - they'll go wherever the wind is going, regardless. They have no loyalty to him or anyone else. So we'll see...
Yup exactly. They are all opportunistic leaches. Right now Trump still has enough control to keep them at bay. But as soon as all these illegal things come out as facts with real proof... they'll know he's done and flee for the exits.

Oct 29, 2017
lol

Fox News: @greggutfeld says it "doesn't matter" if BuzzFeed report that Trump ordered Michael Cohen to lie to Congress is true (ignoring 18 U.S.C. § 2b): "It doesn't matter if the story is true or not. Because it was originally about collision & it's not even about that anymore"

But it literally is. He was instructed to lie about the meeting to cover up collusion.

It's amazing how blatant and easily refuted their "arguments" are. They're not even trying anymore.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
But it literally is. He was instructed to lie about the meeting to cover up collusion.

It's amazing how blatant and easily refuted their "arguments" are. They're not even trying anymore.
It's absolutely an insane argument. Like someone being investigated for insurance fraud and in the course of the investigation they find out the person has murdered several people. But nah, no insurance fraud so all good, carry on. That's just not how things work.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
lol

Did they actually say collision or was that just auto correct on that tweet?

Oct 29, 2017
It's absolutely an insane argument. Like someone being investigated for insurance fraud and in the course of the investigation they find out the person has murdered several people. But nah, no insurance fraud so all good, carry on. That's just not how things work.

Right? When this shit unravels and more crimes are committed it's flat out idiotic to say "that isn't wrong because it's not what you originally investigated". That's not how law enforcement has ever worked.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Why were the Republicans able to impeach Nixon, but they refuse to impeach Trump?

Like I try to follow US news but I can't think of why they wouldn't? Are they afraid of losing the Trump base, because whatever corrupt garbage they want to peddle, I'm sure Pence can do too.

Anacaona

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why were the Republicans able to impeach Nixon, but they refuse to impeach Trump?

Like I try to follow US news but I can't think of why they wouldn't? Are they afraid of losing the Trump base, because whatever corrupt garbage they want to peddle, I'm sure Pence can do too.
Old Republicans are not the same as Today's Republicans.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017

Dems controlled congress which made it easier, though they still needed Republican votes. Even with the different landscapes I think they would have tried to weasel out of it if they had majority.

Oct 29, 2017

The current state of the GOP platform isn't one that is rooted in policy. It's basically entirely propaganda and fearmongering, appealing to people's inner racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, etc. They've gone to great lengths to create a far-right parallel universe that requires that Democrats be wrong always, no exceptions.

They've prevented themselves from standing up to objectively bad actors within their own party. If they stand up to trump they fear they'll lose their base.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO

Because Republicans in the 1970s weren't 100%, completely compromised by Russia, and they are today.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood

Don't forget that Republicans largely stuck with him until the evidence was clearly out there and officially testified to.

Status
Not open for further replies.