For US politics and election threads

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
So basically a "Russia if you're listening" kind of solicitation. But towards the Oil billionaires.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, he said the quiet part out loud... on the other hand... this isn't exclusive to him and no politician has any interest in limiting campaign donations.

He's just openly doing it instead of the normal part where you hide and deny and pretend you're partisan.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When he dies it will be a personal holiday for which I take a vacation day to celebrate, for the rest of my life.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
Funny thing is that I don't even think oil companies can afford to give him $1 billion. I think their total political contribution last time was something like $25 million.

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
I'll have a bottle of champagne on ice ready for that day.
Shots on me for every ERA member that day. You all come to me or i'll come to you. No joke.

I can only afford these for everyone, sorry

txB3NcG.png

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Since this is already more or less his platform, and he has a half-decent chance to get elected without the money, it seems like it would be wasted money on the oil industry's part, no? Why pay him for something you already know he'll do anyway?

And it's Trump, that money will be going to get more golden toilets are Mar-A-Lago not some government expenditure.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I was curious and back in 2016 Trump announced his VP pick on July 15th 2016 and Hillary a week later, so still 2 months before we find out who Trump will be running with.

frankly the VP slots are gonna be far more important in the next 4 years than the presidency maybe. For obvious reasons. I assume Biden is sticking with Kamala Harris which itself is kinda wild and interesting, I honestly have no idea how swing states view her or if her presence on the ticket matters to undecided voters or not.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
I can't even begin to guess how many hundreds of millions of additional people are going to suffer if Trump is elected. Sigh...

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So a bribe. This should be illegal. He was gonna reverse all the environmental protections that Biden did if he wins anyway and the Oil execs all know it.