• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shows how much of an idiot he is, as the movie is anti "elitist liberals" and pro "poor deplorables".

Oct 26, 2017
It kinda seems he doesn't understand the premise of the movie.

Years of using elite to victimise people and claim they are out of touch and now "elite" is a positive term for him to represent his base? This guy... this fucking guy...

"They like to call themselves elite" what in the fuck.

Last edited:

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Making a movie about any political group sadistically hunting people with guns is in pretty questionable taste in a country where a mass shooting occurs almost every day.

This x10.

Also, is he really blaming a movie that isn't even out yet for racism? One that the trailer shows white people killing white people? What? Lmfao.

It is now called the White House because they clearly have amazing cocaine. The best!

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
What's sad is some idiot is probably going to shoot up a Whole Foods or Trader Joes because that's where they think the liberal elites shop.....

Jesus he is such a trash president

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Hypocrisy has collapsed under its own weight and formed a singularity that will drag us all into the hell dimension.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
IQsT7LJ.gif

We know he's a racist ginning up resentment amongst other racists to stay out of prison. Call the act of distraction out instead of talking about the subject he wants you to.

Emerson

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Am I missing something? I watched the trailer twice and can't find the 'deplorable' quote at all.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who gives a shit what he says? He's a white supremacist that has caused the murder or deaths of multiple people by the actions he's taken as President and the vitriol he's spewed. This ranks really fucking low on the importance meter.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Let's be honest, MAGA types, Trump, far right are probably really annoyed it isn't them hunting the libs. That would be their dream movie.

Deleted member 57378

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
JFC its a movie. Do they REALLY want to go down this road bacause there are literally movies you can pick for any argument, for or against either "side"

We all better avoid red states. I saw the hills have eyes and house of 1000 corpses. Oh and deliverance

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah at the festival where Donnie saw it. Or you know you read articles explaining the premise.

just saw the trailer for the first time, and although obviously it's too early to say, it's pretty easy to imagine the movie being decidedly not pro-MAGA

it's hilariously on the nose pandering to deplorable delusion, where they're simultaneously victimized and yet singularly badass and powerful

looking forward to seeing where the whole thing lands

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna make a movie called The Expoundables starring Kelsey Grammar, Tim Allen, James Woods, Gary Sinise and Kid Rock as a group of just vigilantes who are fighting oppression by liberal (((elites))) and whose careers were ended before they ever received a single role - and we'll, it's gonna be some shit I tell you what.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
What if the elites in the movie are really right-wingers who continue to create outrage over their persecution complex by making the masses believe that liberals hunt them for sport?

giphy.gif

Or the movie really is just shit... I dunno.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Yeah, I also cant get over how he cant keep from calling himself better than everyone else, even while seemingly trying to chastise others for doing so...its like:
"How dare a movie be made about elites hunting people by so called elites in hollywood when they aren't even the REAL elite!!"
Like...is that even an argument or an admission?

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
just saw the trailer for the first time, and although obviously it's too early to say, it's pretty easy to imagine the movie being decidedly not pro-MAGA

it's hilariously on the nose pandering to deplorable delusion, where they're simultaneously victimized and yet singularly badass and powerful

Trailers never pander to audiences?

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'd expect this movie to be used as right-wing propaganda to prove that liberals are evil or something so idk why Trump is mad about it. Lines up perfectly with his "Trump supporters are victims" rhetoric.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
From the people who brought you "Stephen Colbert is totally a Republican making fun of how liberals view Republicans"

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

I'm guessing the subtleties will fly over Trump supporters heads.

They will be outraged because the usual talking heads will be outraged.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump got this movie canned is my new theory, he did good but by pure accident for a movie that'd probably only promote him in the end.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I'm suspicious of the claim that this would be right-wing propaganda if Glenn Howerton is in it, he's a pretty outspoken leftist and has more than enough clout to pick and choose what projects he wants to be part of.

Unless someone's already seen it and can dispel the belief that there's a twist, the premise seems too simple.

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
The movie cast and creators makes me think that movie is probably a lot more complex than what the premise make it sounds

The marketing on the movie is definitely trying to get outrage marketing
I'm suspicious of the claim that this would be right-wing propaganda if Glenn Howerton is in it, he's a pretty outspoken leftist and has more than enough clout to pick and choose what projects he wants to be part of.

Unless someone's already seen it and can dispel the belief that there's a twist, the premise seems too simple.

Agreed. It's amazing how many people, including most of the people in this very forum, are taking this movie at face value based on just the trailer. Their take on this is exactly like Trump's, and it's not a good look.