• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
For me, silence on the R side just means they agree with him but cannot say it out loud "because it would look bad."

Any silent D could get a slam dunk PR boost just for condemning it, but even still they struggle with using racist. The white person's hard R. (*is white*)

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I don't appreciate her lack of action as much as the next person, but this is clearly an overly dramatic statement and clearly his intention.
There's a lot of hyperbole going around right now but every day that goes by where Pelosi continues to act like this shit is normal normalizes this shit. She's got to wake up and understand the role she's playing here in placing political calculations ahead of common sense and basic decency.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Racism should concern all Americans, but you have Racist backing other Racist.

Ron DeSantis known racist, won the Florida Gubernatorial election with less voters voting for Gillum than Nelson

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
For me, silence on the R side just means they agree with him but cannot say it out loud "because it would look bad."

Any silent D could get a slam dunk PR boost just for condemning it, but even still they struggle with using racist. The white person's hard R. (*is white*)

But they have said it outloud sometimes

Oct 25, 2017
Blame the actual fucking monster, guys.

You're not going to convince me that anyone else has responsibility for the racist shit that 45 continually spews.
Lmao, go off then.

Trump didn't sprout out of the fucking ground like a potato shouting this bullshit. The stage was set for him to piss on the squad the past few days.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

You're not going to convince me that anyone else has responsibility for the racist shit that 45 continually spews.
If his base were to show signs of abandoning him because of his language and commentaries, that shit would have changed quick-fast.

You know why it hasn't changed? Go watch a video of his rallies and record-setting fundraising for the answer.

But I know, you have already affirmed that you will not be convinced. So why did I bother typing this. IDK.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Have you ever heard of preaching to the choir? Everyone here knows that Trump is racist, and a white supremacist, so we don't need to focus as much on him here (though outside these forums where it may not be the case I can understand). However, there are sill many people on this site who are overly-defensive or not critical enough of Pelosi.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Racism should concern all Americans, but you have Racist backing other Racist.

Ron DeSantis known racist, won the Florida Gubernatorial election with less voters voting for Gillum than Nelson
DeSantis is a documented racist but even he has enough sense to realize that governing as a racist would be bad for his citizen, his state and his future in politics. All Trump has proven is that he's so obsessed with his petty hatreds that he's willing to burn down the country, the GOP, his businesses and his children's legacies in order to voice them.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Matthew Gertz @MattGertz

Sen. Lindsey Graham looking directly into the Fox & Friends cabinet to tell President Trump that he is the superior golfer is one of the more pathetic things I can imagine.

Later, in response to Trump's racist tweets, Graham says AOC et al are communist anti-Semites who hate this country before vaguely saying that Trump should "aim higher" to win and focus on how their policies will "destroy this country" rather than making things "personal."

8:54 AM - Jul 15, 2019

---------------------------------

Betsy Klein @betsy_klein

Marc Short, VP's CoS, pointed to Elaine Chao's presence in the Trump Cabinet as evidence the President is not racist following tweets this weekend. Chao came to the US from Taiwan and is a naturalized citizen. "I don't think that our President's intent in any way is racist."

"One of the greatest pleasures and honors I had was to actually join the VP on Independence Day when he swore in 50 new naturalized citizens... He was joined that day by a Cabinet member in this admin who... became a US citizen. She still serves in our Cabinet, Elaine Chao."

Short suggested Trump's comments were "not a universal statement" and he was targeting Rep. Ilhan Omar, who the administration has previously criticized for her past anti-Semitic comments. However, Trump said "Congresswomen" in his tweet – plural.

"I'm making the case that this is not a universal statement that he's making. He's making it about the very specific, pretty much an individual member of Congress that I think has said most things that she's most unhappy about about the United States."

Short ignored questions on the other three Congresswomen who condemned the conditions of border detention facilities – Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Rashida Tlaib, and Ayanna Pressley. "I think the President's making comments that are more specific to what Ilhan Omar has said."
https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1150735636917346304
7:55 AM - Jul 15, 2019

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami

Matthew Gertz @MattGertz

Sen. Lindsey Graham looking directly into the Fox & Friends cabinet to tell President Trump that he is the superior golfer is one of the more pathetic things I can imagine.

Later, in response to Trump's racist tweets, Graham says AOC et al are communist anti-Semites who hate this country before vaguely saying that Trump should "aim higher" to win and focus on how their policies will "destroy this country" rather than making things "personal."

8:54 AM - Jul 15, 2019

---------------------------------

Betsy Klein @betsy_klein

Marc Short, VP's CoS, pointed to Elaine Chao's presence in the Trump Cabinet as evidence the President is not racist following tweets this weekend. Chao came to the US from Taiwan and is a naturalized citizen. "I don't think that our President's intent in any way is racist."

"One of the greatest pleasures and honors I had was to actually join the VP on Independence Day when he swore in 50 new naturalized citizens... He was joined that day by a Cabinet member in this admin who... became a US citizen. She still serves in our Cabinet, Elaine Chao."

Short suggested Trump's comments were "not a universal statement" and he was targeting Rep. Ilhan Omar, who the administration has previously criticized for her past anti-Semitic comments. However, Trump said "Congresswomen" in his tweet – plural.

"I'm making the case that this is not a universal statement that he's making. He's making it about the very specific, pretty much an individual member of Congress that I think has said most things that she's most unhappy about about the United States."

Short ignored questions on the other three Congresswomen who condemned the conditions of border detention facilities – Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Rashida Tlaib, and Ayanna Pressley. "I think the President's making comments that are more specific to what Ilhan Omar has said."
https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1150735636917346304
7:55 AM - Jul 15, 2019

When you have to use this much misinformation and gaslighting to defend your positions aren't you kind of admitting up front that you know those positions are wrong?

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
Communist anti-semite huh? Is there a handbook passed to right wing Western leaders that has all these phrases in?

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Lindsey Graham is the most pathetic man in Washington. Trump pissed on his best friend's grave, and what he musters is "aim higher."

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
"Every day a new low", I say once again over two years into this Presidency.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
This one has staying power.

Keep up the pressure and this could actually put a dent into his support.

giphy.gif

I think it's better to keep the Epstein / Trump relationship in the spotlight.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
If a manager at Wendy's tweeted this on a weekend he'd be out of a job on Monday morning.

The depths that you have to lower your standards to keep covering for 45 are unfathomable.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
If Pelosi didn't run her mouth trump doesn't tweet this

Thems the fax
Yep, while she used far more measured language and I'm sure she never intended it to blow up this way Pelosi essentially sent the same message to these congresswomen that Trump is sending now in that they somehow had less right to complain about the direction the country is headed in than the "centrist" wing of the party.

It's impossible to know what lead her to single them out, whether it be their ideological differences or some unconscious bias she has against them, but the results are the same. Pelosi gets a pass for when this happened earlier this year but she absolutely doesn't get one now. Part of being the leader of a party is having enough sense to not make the same harmful mistakes again and again.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Actually, it's all Ilhan's comms director's fault.

the excuse you pull out of your ass when you're ideologically incapable of admitting that the Democratic establishment is ever actually at fault for anything

man, I will never get over all the effort the Very Serious and Pragmatic liberals here expended on insisting that the Dem establishment doesn't really hate the left and want to destroy it, and that they don't really have fundamentally and irreconcilably different convictions and ideological priorities from the left, and that those are just lies made up by Brooklyn trust fund DSA hipsters to sell Chapo subscriptions or whatever

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Dogwhistling is still racism, even veiled in ignorance.
It's been clear for a while now that the Democrats have decided after 2016 that the best path forward for them is try to to win back the racist white working class demographic that Trump peeled away from them. It's political calculation that counts on PoC having no where else to go but it's also exceedingly harmful as it's a strategy that going to set back progress made in civil rights by decades and destroy trust in the party for years to come.

I suspect if they're successful in this strategy and win back the White House in 2020 there'll be some massive push to undo this damage with minorities but it will be too little/too late for me as I've seen now how disposable I am to them. I won't be happy until I see this entire generation of moderate Dems gone.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Even if they were immigrants, they are US citizens now so who gives a shit (besides the Republicans, and probably most Democrats).

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
But wasn't Trumps father born in Germany?

LOL
His grandfather is German but either through senility or just compulsive lying Trump thinks it's his dad that's German. His mom is from Scotland (?) which makes him more of an immigrant than most Americans. However it's abundantly clear to Trump and people like him that Europeans don't count as foreigners here, only dirty brown/black people do. Two out of Trumps three wives are from Eastern Europe by the way.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
His grandfather is German but either through senility or just compulsive lying Trump thinks it's his dad that's German. His mom is from Scotland (?) which makes him more of an immigrant than most Americans. However it's abundantly clear to Trump and people like him that Europeans don't count as foreigners here, only dirty brown/black people do. Two out of Trumps three wives are from Eastern Europe by the way.
That's why I lol'd. That fiasco about him lying about his fathers origins was just hilarious.

I like that you brought up his wives though. Good stuff. Wonder why no one has told his wife to go back to her country, if that's how he feels.