• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
The guy who started the whole Obama birth certificate movement thinks all brown people weren't born here? Shocked.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I'd tell that orange piece of shit to do that himself, but I don't want him in Scotland, and I'm sure as hell Germany would tell him to do one as well.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's talk about that last tweet:

You know Nancy, when Trump and company see you throw shade at junior Congresswomen, they immediately jump to the conclusion that it's justified to pile on. He's a bully who grasps hungrily at strength in numbers.

She can't keep walking this tightrope where impeaching Trump or scolding Barr is a bridge too far, but putting the young'ins on notice is a regular thing. But he's also a coward who persists through communal guilt. He makes those around him complicit in his racism and sexism and general awfulness. Don't give him an in you dopes.

Goddamn. Pelosi has been played. By Trump of all people.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Goddamn, this is one of the more unadornedly racist things he's said in a while. Amazingly telling that he goes out of his way to show sympathy for Nancy Pelosi, the leader of an opposition party he's dedicated his existence to owning, when a few non-White Congresswomen have an intraparty spat with her. All the partisan bullshit is secondary to white solidarity to him.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
This isnt going to shatter republicans because this is literally what theyve been saying about Omar and Cortez. Trump just echoed what Fox and republicans have already said openly in public.

Flat out calling someone the N word or calling for the execution of Omar might do it, but telling them to go back to their country is a very finely crafted talking point of republicans that they completely rationalize as a logical criticism.

Hard to focus on Trumps racism when he does something else ridiculous the next hour. The exhaustion of getting him held accountable for one thing is impossible when he's jumping onto something else.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I honestly wonder what Trump would have to do or say for ol' Nancy to actually agree with impeachment.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Pelosi is so fucking spineless. That weak ass response over Twitter. "Please stop being mean, also work with us please?"

You should be holding a press conference on live TV and going after Trump for this horrible shit. Call him out, make him pay for his fucking actions. THIS IS NOT NORMAL. Any other president's position would be in jeopardy after making such insanely racist comments about Congresswomen.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
what the fuck

this is the sort of shit that incites legit crazies to go after people. and they already got lots of hatred. they don't need trump doing all this

completely unacceptable.

fucking remove this idiot from office

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
The party of "civility" can't fuckin' work with uncivil shitheels.

This dude is mirroring the rise of Nazi Germany and the most the opposing party can do at the top is a "please be nice" fuckin' call?

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Flat out calling someone the N word or calling for the execution of Omar might do it, but telling them to go back to their country is a very finely crafted talking point of republicans that they completely rationalize as a logical criticism.

Oh they're working on moving the Overton window toward that don't worry.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
The fuck kind of weak response is that?! Trump literally posted racist remarks on members of your own party and you say work with us? The fuck. Get her the fuck out of there.
She's pointing out that he's failing to do his job as president. I know everyone here hates Pelosi but her response there is not a request for Trump to help out.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
So the defense Trumpers and moderates are going with is "he was just talking about the one Senator", bullshit, and like that makes any better. They always have to interpret and twist his words so they don't sound bad, when they claim they love that he "says it like it is" and that he's really super smart! You would think after about the 100th time of defending Trump by adding words and trying to say what Trump really means, they would start to feel their own mental contradictions.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
So the defense Trumpers and moderates are going with is "he was just talking about the one Senator", bullshit, and like that makes any better. They always have to interpret and twist his words so they don't sound bad, when they claim they love that he "says it like it is" and that he's really super smart! You would think after about the 100th time of defending Trump by adding words and trying to say what Trump really means, they would start to feel their own mental contradictions.

Conservatism in the United States depends upon mental contradictions. You might as well be suggesting people not be conservative, because you're calling out their foundations of belief.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Let's talk about that last tweet:

You know Nancy, when Trump and company see you throw shade at junior Congresswomen, they immediately jump to the conclusion that it's justified to pile on. He's a bully who grasps hungrily at strength in numbers.

She can't keep walking this tightrope where impeaching Trump or scolding Barr is a bridge too far, but putting the young'ins on notice is a regular thing. But he's also a coward who persists through communal guilt. He makes those around him complicit in his racism and sexism and general awfulness. Don't give him an in you dopes.

Ooof, I did not see those two tweets earlier. OOOOOOF what a piece of racist fuckery.

I think ever since that condemnation/apology malarkey earlier this year pertaining to anti-semitism against Omar by democratic party leaders, she and the other two have had huge targets on their backs.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
First off, Trump can eat shit.

Second, is AOC even an immigrant?

No she was born in the Bronx, and beyond that her mother is Puerto Rican which would make her a citizen regardless. Trump just thinks all Puerto Ricans are violent, stupid immigrant criminals because he probably saw a movie once in the 80's in which a Filipino man portrayed a Puerto Rican and robbed a rich white guy.

I wish I was exaggerating but this is the guy that thought our border patrol were facing Muslim terrorists and high speed car battles because he watched some of Sicario: Day of the Soldado.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It's only about the illegal immigrants! We need to work with the president and his supporters!

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018

That doesn't make sense when he uses the plural "Congresswomen" and "countries".

This is disgusting.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
By the way, the fact that he can write shit like this openly shows just how normalized racism has become and how far the overton window has shifted to the right.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
She's pointing out that he's failing to do his job as president. I know everyone here hates Pelosi but her response there is not a request for Trump to help out.

Its a weak response. Her 2nd tweet makes it look like she is asking him to work with them instead of against them. He probably got the gall to do this due to her openly attacking these same Congress members anyway.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
She literally asks for him to work with them in the second Tweet
The second tweet is what I'm referring to. She's pointing out what the president SHOULD be doing to reflect that he's not doing his job as president. This isn't a request for help, it's her trying to score political points against Trump by highlighting his priorities.

Its a weak response. Her 2nd tweet makes it look like she is asking him to work with them instead of against them. He probably got the gall to do this due to her openly attacking these same Congress members anyway.
I am curious what kind of response people here would like her to tweet. "Fuck Trump" perhaps?

If AOC typed that same exact response people would be praising her for it, as she's stated similar things many times. Republicans did that about Obama too. Publicly saying the president SHOULD be doing such and such to help the country isn't a way of actually asking the president to do that.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
By the way, the fact that he can write shit like this openly shows just how normalized racism has become and how far the overton window has shifted to the right.
That's how Trump ran his election campaign. That shipped has sailed when he won.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
That doesn't make sense when he uses the plural "Congresswomen" and "countries".

This is disgusting.
It never does make sense. Anything to keep up the illusion that Trump isn't actually racist because then they would have to start questioning if it's ok to keep supporting him.

But then I think the only way they would admit that Trump was racist is if he personally showed up at their house and told them personally, he is indeed a racist.

But probably not even then, let's be honest. Something about the Deep State made him say it I'm sure. or "maybe it's ok to be a little racist if Trump being president is best for the country".

Oct 30, 2017
Just further proof that conservatism is just a belief system designed to keep the status quo. And racism is used as a tool to keep lower class white people feeling above immigrants or POC in general.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Pelosi needs to realize Trump isn't making these comments in a bubble.

Her refusal to step up and actually do something about the continued harassment against Omar and her belittling her own freshmen congresswomen of color, just gave more fuel to Fox News. Her attitude towards them signaled it was okay for the right to up the ante, which signaled to Tucker Carlson it was time to start ramping up the blatant racism against Omar, and that's bled into the rest of the network. Trump ate all of it up and regurgitated it for his dumb base like a brain-addled syphilitic bird mother.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

I get that you need to rationalize Nancy's abject cowardice and enablement in every thread, but she literally says "he should work with us."

Trump keeps attacking and Nancy chides him but does nothing. Nancy only seems interested in attacking her own people.

Nancy thinks she and Trump are much closer than she and AOC/Omar/whoever, and boy does it show.