• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 19, 2018
Fun fact: I bought my WiiU on the eve of the game's release back in 2014. It's kinda poetic that I just picked up my first Switch tonight in anticipation for tomorrow.

My killer app across two generations of Nintendo consoles: 'tis the power of Tropical Freeze. =]

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tropical Freeze is like everything I could dream for out of a video game. I've never been this hyped for a remaster.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
The answer to so many questions and more is Funky Kong.
I remember back in high school when I spilled my chocolate milk in the cafeteria, Funky got in the à la carte line and bought me another chocolate milk AND a Reese bar AND seasoned curly fries, and that was with pocket change from his job at Hot Topic. What a guy.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i'm so jealous of the people who get to play this game for the first time...not that that will stop me from playing it again myself

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have this for Wii U but never finished it.

I will probably end up buying this again.

BDrummer1606

Oct 27, 2017
I played a bit of it when my brother owned it back when it came out on wii u. Never got passed the first world, so really looking forward to taking this for a spin tonight! Super hyped!

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting the obligatory because-of-my-avatar-post out of the way early.

Enjoy the game.
Hey, you asked for it

4569.jpg

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Broke down and bought it for 48 from Amazon. I haven't played my Switch since Celeste and was counting on Lumines this month, but it wasn't meant to be.

Lathentar

Oct 27, 2017
Already some great Funky runs on the leaderboards. Look forward to watching people learn to use him well!

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
If it were priced appropriately, I would buy it.

I bought day one on the Wii U for less than it is now. That's completely bullshit.

Mar 9, 2018

Yo dudes, I heard you got a Nintendo Switch baby
That's cool
Check out Tropical Freeze maybe.

Rolling through a blizzard, that's tight
Minecartin thru a mill just feels so right.
Listen for Stickerbrush at night,
aigh't?

Haha, let's get high
scores on Time Trials.
And then let's eat
DK's banana piles.
Yow yow.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact: I had this Funky thing when I was a wee Owlet, even as a kid THE FUNK was the choice to accompany bath time, also orange, what a combo.

World 1 down, Busted Bayou revealed its extra greatness to me because I realised it has a ton of puzzle pieces without ever putting you into a bonus stage and taking you out of the silhouette goodness.
OWL SWITZERLAND TOMORROW, I bloody love Autumn Heights.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to pick this up tomorrow. Planning to marathon the game on Saturday.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact: I had this Funky thing when I was a wee Owlet, even as a kid THE FUNK was the choice to accompany bath time, also orange, what a combo.

World 1 down, Busted Bayou revealed its extra greatness to me because I realised it has a ton of puzzle pieces without ever putting you into a bonus stage and taking you out of the silhouette goodness.
OWL SWITZERLAND TOMORROW, I bloody love Autumn Heights.
Not gonna lie, that's incredifunk

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I really want this game but maybe not enough to pay US$60 for it. I'll absolutely hop in at the very first chance it's on sale though!

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you don't play with Motion Controlled rolling you aren't getting the full experience of feeling like you're Donkey Kong.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I need to get this game and see what all the fuss is about.

Have to finish Owl Boy first.

And I have Rayman on the backlog.

This year has been heaven for the Switch if you are into 2D games.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to play through this game with a friend for the first time. And in 1080p 60fps, no less.

It's gonna be funky.