• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I guess it depends on play time too, I like to 100% games so usually the longer the game the better, but I could do with something shorter too.
I think it can be either. It's not got quite as much content as Hyrule, but it's absolurely packed with collectibles and secret levels. If you're not adept at platforming the difficulty will also elongate the game too.

MONSTER

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
seems to be out of stock on amazon uk

Switch port already outselling the wii u version?

if anything, amazon have been having stock issues for a while so who knows

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
To those who have played undocked, how is the lower res?
Looks fantastic imo, I've only really noticed the lower res on the map screen or when it zooms out farther than usual but even then it just looks a bit softer than you'd expect native 720p to look. besides resolution the colors really pop on the Switch screen.

Ant

Oct 27, 2017
Got my copy today at work! Cannot wait to finish work and get to this, never had a Wii U and will be going in with out haven't even seen much gameplay/soundtrack! Hoping it brings back memories of the SNES games.

Caligula13

Oct 29, 2017
i died like 10 times in 1-3 and the game told me i can skip that level. that suprised me. didn't know i can do that!

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
seems to be out of stock on amazon uk

Switch port already outselling the wii u version?

if anything, amazon have been having stock issues for a while so who knows

The fact that it was above GoW yesterday tells me that Amazon was surprised with the ramping demand. Same thing happened in France but it is back in stock now.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
How's the game if you are not really in the mood for a challenge? Does Funky mode make the game too easy (as in cheat code-ish or Kirby-like) or is it still enjoyable?

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking of picking this up to play co-op with my girlfriend, but she's not played many platformers and she can get frustrated quite quickly with difficult games. However, I'm hoping that with her being able to play as Funky Kong that would alleviate some of the frustration for her.

Ubiblu

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
Honestly, if someone told me a few years ago that I'd be playing this on handheld in 2018 i'd have laughed at them. Jeez the Switch is amazing.

Having said that, docked has incredible visual fidelity. This is such a fantastic game. Wow.

Oct 25, 2017
EXPANDDONG!

Played 1-1 yesterday right before going to bed, god I love this game.
It looks great on the Switch's screen.
I can't wait for my lunch break.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Why does this cost 60 dollars again? What a great move from Nintendo: port a game 4 years later and charge 10 dollars more than it originally cost. What other company does shit like this?

It is rather ridiculous that a port with only an extra "cheat" mode costs $60 instead of the $50 it originally launched at 4 years ago on WiiU. I'd even consider double dipping if it was an even more reasonable $40, as I only finished the story mode on the WiiU and didn't collect all the collectibles or do the bonus stage/secret paths.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I'm glad most people* don't care about the pricing and weather the game is a port or not. If anything this game deserves more sales than many other games. The only reason I'm not re-buying it yet is that Skyrim takes all my gaming time currently.

* refering to amazon top sellers

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Loved this game on WiiU. Just played 1-1 on Switch. It's just as good as I remember, if not better. It feels so good when things explode in this game, which is like all the time in every level, lol.

stoke1863

Oct 29, 2017
So i dont want to start my first playthrough as Funky, but should i choose Funky mode and switch to DK? or just play in normal mode?

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
So is it possible to play most of the levels normally and just use Funky to cheese through the bosses? I remember hating the bosses on the WiiU...

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_inline_p2fr9cYXm41qg6fym_540.jpg

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, if someone told me a few years ago that I'd be playing this on handheld in 2018 i'd have laughed at them. Jeez the Switch is amazing.

Having said that, docked has incredible visual fidelity. This is such a fantastic game. Wow.

How does it look in handheld mode overall? Still decent?

Excited to finally play this game today!

Deleted member 5656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Funky seems really fun to play as, just wish I could start with fewer hearts. Don't want to play the game as DK again, maybe once as funky and then I think you can unlock the other Kong for single player?

You have to 100% the game once in order to unlock Hard Mode I think...I do wish I could just play as one of the other Kongs without doing that.

You can play as any Kong in Hard Mode, is what I remember. I think there was a trick where you enter co-op to play as solo-sidekicks but I forgot the exact steps.

Probably just hook up a second controller, then kill off DK and play on the player 2 controller.

Kevin Shields

Oct 27, 2017
i Told myself I wasn't gonna buy this game again. It's not that different. I'm not even gonna use funky. I already have it on Wii U...

Here I am again at Best Buy about to pick it up.

Damn you you furry kong monster!!

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly my copy won't be arriving till Tuesday, so I won't get to play the game till next Sunday. :(

If you don't play with Motion Controlled rolling you aren't getting the full experience of feeling like you're Donkey Kong.

Agreed, the entire game is meant to be played with Motion control.

Can this game be played with a 5 year old in co-op?

Yes, Funky Kong is designed for younger player in mind and if they are playing as the other Kong they can just sit on Donkey Kong back.

I forgot how beautiful this game is...

DcWoVW6VwAIkzNW.jpg:large

Man I love the fur effect that Donkey Kong has.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Being able to play this game in the train is pure bliss. I am chasing the missing collectibles in World 1.