• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand what donna is doing. surely there are other ways to sell books rather than going scorched earth on everyone that's not her

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamnit this article is so full of weird shit, stuff gets missed....

Whenever Brazile got frustrated with Clinton's aides, she writes, she would remind them that the DNC charter empowered her to initiate the replacement of the nominee. If a nominee became disabled, she explains, the party chair would oversee a complicated process of filling the vacancy that would include a meeting of the full DNC.

Donna was literally threatening to replace Clinton every time one of Clinton's aides annoyed her.... who the fuck does that...

And then she wonders why Clinton was "slow" to call her and thank her for her work.

Does Donna not think her aides might have gone to Hillary and you know said "Hey Hilary Donna keeps threatening to try and replace you just thought you might want to know what the head of the DNC is doing"

She literally admits she was threatening to try and "fire" Clinton repeatedly in the middle of the General Election....

Chae3001

Oct 27, 2017
Greed hits people in all sorts of ways.

Gotta push that book out, all publicity is good publicity for stuff like this.

I really think it's because Clinton didn't call to thank her fast enough and when she did it wasn't good enough for her....

It boggles my mind, the more and more I think about. Even with all the bad craziness we've had in the last year, with a neo-fascist in the WH, and the loss of all decorum, this perplexes me more than anything has in awhile. It better have been a huge amount of money, to directly help Trump and the conspiracy machine rack up more hits.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamnit this article is so full of weird shit, stuff gets missed....

Donna was literally threatening to replace Clinton every time one of Clinton's aides annoyed her.... who the fuck does that...

And then she wonders why Clinton was "slow" to call her and thank her for her work.

Does Donna not think her aides might have gone to Hillary and you know said "Hey Hilary Donna keeps threatening to try and replace you just thought you might want to know what the head of the DNC is doing"

She literally admits she was threatening to try and "fire" Clinton repeatedly in the middle of the General Election....

Rigged and Hillary controlled everything tho.:.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
She's definitely grabbing those headlines before her book comes out, I'll give her that.

But once that book's in the bargain bin... what is the move then? CNN definitely won't have her back, and she's burning all bridges right now.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I'm screaming here.... how is that not the real headline.

Donna Brazile is so fucked that she kept threatening Clinton's aides that she'd try fire their boss in the middle of a General fucking Election! WTF

Deleted member 283

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping Virginia governor's election is affected by this...
? Can you elaborate on this...? Unless what you meant to say is "isn't affected by this"? Otherwise, considering this has nothing to do with either Northam or Gillespie whatsoever and doesn't affect whether either of them is or is not deserving of the governorship of the state, I'm rather confused by this...

Jack Remington

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If a nominee became disabled, she explains, the party chair would oversee a complicated process of filling the vacancy that would include a meeting of the full DNC.

Guarantee that if Brazile tried to replace Clinton on the grounds that a brief spell with pneumonia constituted a disability, Brazile would have been fired within a day.

Deleted member 283

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm screaming here.... how is that not the real headline.

Donna Brazile is so fucked that she kept threatening Clinton's aides that she'd try fire their boss in the middle of a General fucking Election! WTF
Pretty much. Complains about "rigging" despite finding no actual evidence of the primary being rigged whatsoever by her own admission. Admits to threatening to act in an undemocratic fashion and undermine a candidate because of grudges not just with the candidate herself, but her aides at that. If anyone was trying to "rig" anything and violate the norms of democracy here, sounds like it was Brazille herself. Just what the hell...

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much. Complains about "rigging" despite finding no actual evidence of the primary being rigged whatsoever by her own admission. Admits to threatening to act in an undemocratic fashion and undermine a candidate because of grudges not just with the candidate herself, but her aides at that. If anyone was trying to "rig" anything and violate the norms of democracy here, sounds like it was Brazille herself. Just what the hell...

Add yet she's so mad that Clinton aides treated her like a crazy Aunt.

Goddamnit this is all Cornel "Obama didn't invite me to the inauguration so I'll show him" West all over again but then at least Cornel was honest about not liking Obama....

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Brazile describes the 10th floor of Clinton's Brooklyn headquarters, where senior staff worked: "Calm and antiseptic, like a hospital. It had that techno-hush, as if someone had died. I felt like I should whisper. Everybody's fingers were on their keyboards, and no one was looking at anyone else. You half-expected to see someone in a lab coat walk by."

During one visit, she writes, she thought of a question former Democratic congressman Tony Coelho used to ask her about campaigns: "Are the kids having sex? Are they having fun? If not, let's create something to get that going, or otherwise we're not going to win."

"I didn't sense much fun or [having sex] in Brooklyn," she deadpans.

what?

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe she would have been able to do this unless Clinton was incapacitated

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I am imagining Brazille inviting Clinton liasions to her office as she walked around shutting all the blinds and explaining snipers might be after her and then getting offended when they didn't take her seriously.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Greed is the cardinal sin of this country. It is and will continue to be the primary cause of our decline.

It kills Democratic candidates but strengthens Republicans. How can the GOP tout that some Democratic candidates are in the pocket of Goldman Sachs when nearly every person Trump hired is connected to them?

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I read on Twitter, the actual book said she contemplated initiating the process to remove, not that she believed she could unilaterally remove Clinton.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
OPEN LETTER FROM HILLARY FOR AMERICA 2016 TEAM

We were shocked to learn the news that Donna Brazile actively considered overturning the will of the Democratic voters by attempting to replace Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine as the Democratic Presidential and Vice Presidential nominees. It is particularly troubling and puzzling that she would seemingly buy into false Russian-fueled propaganda, spread by both the Russians and our opponent, about our candidate's health.

Donna came in to take over the DNC at a very difficult time. We were grateful to her for doing so. She is a longtime friend and colleague of many of us and has been an important leader in our party. But we do not recognize the campaign she portrays in the book.
more @ the link

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
LOL what Donna. Sorry can't buy this shit she's selling. No way replacing Clinton was a serious consideration.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow this is some juicy drama.

Do you think this open statement and internal fighting between Donna and Clinton's team will have an effect in this upcoming 2016 election???

LinktothePastGOAT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The quick dismissal of Donna Brazile when what she's saying doesn't fit a desired narrative is pretty easy to link to both racism and sexism. "Believe women" I'd like to imagine has a larger reach than just sexual assault. Just because she's saying something you don't want to hear doesn't mean you shouldn't believe her.

Yea. Stop with the disingenuous bullshit. This doesn't have anything to do with racism or her gender. Literally writing bullshit to sell a book.

Your argument comes down to 'if someone happens to say something believe it because she's a woman' when instead it should be 'if something is true don't discount it just because it's a woman saying it'. If Jill fucking Stein wants to spout anti vaccination bullshit no, I'm not going to believe her just because she's a woman not a doctor and neither should you. It's called proof 'truth' which shouldn't have shit to do with gender or ethnicity.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
This is a really weird statement. Brazille having legitimate fears about Clinton's health is not a Russian conspiracy.

I don't know if Brazille is being honest, but every criticism against Clinton, the candidate, wasn't sourced from Russian Propaganda or Donald Trump.

There also legitimate criticisms of the primary process and how it favors insiders over all else.

At this point it seems everyone is trying to push blame off themselves for allowing Trump becoming President.

BarryAllen

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
THAT BIDEN BOOKER TICKET would have been lit. but then christie would have picked a republican senator for jersey right?

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
This is a really weird statement. Brazille having legitimate fears about Clinton's health is not a Russian conspiracy.

I don't know if Brazille is being honest, but every criticism against Clinton, the candidate, wasn't sourced from Russian Propaganda or Donald Trump.

There also legitimate criticisms of the primary process and how it favors insiders over all else.

At this point it seems everyone is trying to push blame off themselves for allowing Trump becoming President.

Are you trying to say that replacing the Democratic candidate for President in September because she got pneumomia was a logical and appporiate idea?

And scares about her health did not originate from the right wing? And the Russian supporting them?

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Are you trying to say that replacing the Democratic candidate for President in September because she got pneumomia was a logical and appporiate idea?

And scares about her health did not originate from the right wing? And the Russian supporting them?
I'm not saying that. It would have lost them the election. I'm saying it's a weird thing to bring up Russia and the GOP in reaction to basically anyone calling them out as a means of deligitimizing the person.

Brazille's own statements should be enough to criticize.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
THAT BIDEN BOOKER TICKET would have been lit. but then christie would have picked a republican senator for jersey right?

Yeah. Biden would've absolutely destroyed Trump in the debates, he's got the blue collar pedigree, and he's at least somewhat respected by Republicans. He would've done really well. Well enough? Who knows...

DonNadie

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, this lady sounds so bitter. And the fact that she thought that replacing Clinton with Biden less than two month before election day was a good idea, makes me think that she was not good at all at her job.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

The Clinton is dying horseshit was all right wing nonsense that was their point.

And please don't forget Brazille rambled about Seth Rich too.

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah and guess who made a post about the more legitimate criticisms? I did and if I could I would add "Hillary somehow secretly dying" to the list of "all the ridiculous shit that the Bernie-or-Bust crew claimed and still claims"

https://www.resetera.com/posts/449158/
Well I talked with kristoffer privately and he gave me the go ahead so here goes:

My take away from this news is that we should not be averse to admitting the implications of the Donna Brazzile Book stuff when even Elizabeth Warren is outright saying she thinks the primary was "rigged in Hillary's favor".

I get WHY some people are so turned off by it, because to many people by admitting to that phrase, "rigged", you feel like you are therefor admitting to all the more ridiculous shit that the Bernie-or-Bust crew claimed and still claims such as:
- Dems purging so many Bernie votes that Bernie secretly got more votes
- That without the Superdelegates Hillary would have had less delegates than Bernie
- DNC/Hillary secretly killing Seth Rich
- That Hillary is secretly controlling the entire Democratic Party
- All the dumb shit wikileaks claims
- All the other dumb shit fake progressives like to claim.

But maybe we should instead try to retake the narrative by saying that it was "rigged" and then being specific to DEFINE what "rigged" actually means. Explain that it SPECIFICALLY means:
- EDIT: removed this one cause it turned out to be wrong.
- Way too many superdelegates endorsed Hillary early on when they should maybe waited. Yes it is their right, but it just doesn't look good for them to endorse too early.
- Media Outlets didn't necessarily love hillary (hell they loved to attack her and bring up nothing burger scandals about her too), but they definitely didn't take any of her primary challengers seriously AT FIRST
- That regardless of why the DNC was deciding to not hold as many debates and to not hold them at more viewable times, they should have been more open to listen to those who wanted the debates to be a more prominent aspect of the Democratic Primaries
- That many people who were otherwise considering running in the 2016 primaries probably chose not to run at least partly because they didn't think they could beat Hillary (that DOESN'T mean they were pressured by Hillary/DNC people to not run) and many of these same people would instead choose to later endorse Hillary
(- That in spite of the above stuff about the "would-have-been" 2016 candidates, Hillary's influence within the democratic party post-2016 is HIGHLY exaggerated and that in truth if anyone still has a lot of influence in the DNC it's probably Barack Obama based on his approval ratings)
- That in spite of all these factors, Bernie still lost the primaries at least in part due to his own campaign's failures to win over certain demographics and advocacy groups, such as southern black democrats and social justice groups.

I think what has happened in the past is that is you had three groups:

1) The people claiming that absolutely ZERO "rigging" went on

2) The people claiming that there was "rigging" and they mean it in the most ridiculous unproven ways (stuff I laid out in the first list)

3) The people claiming that there was "rigging", but they mean it in the ways that have basically been proven (stuff I laid out in the second list)

And I think what happens is that Group 1 ends up assuming that Groups 2 and 3 are the same when in fact Group 3 is a Group that should be acknowledged while it is perfectly fine to completely dismiss Group 2 because they are off their rocker. And because of that Group 3 ends up feeling like Group 1 is dismissing their concerns. And because at the same time Group 2 is still peddling their straight up bullshit, Group 1 keeps seeing both at once and just dismisses both as the same conspiracy nonsense. And round and round it goes.....

So hopefully most people can agree to the second, more level-headed list being an honest assessment and also admit that the first, more crazy conspiratorial list to being crazy nonsense.

Now it turned out that the shit from Donna's book ended up being wrong, but most of more legit stuff I put in my second list are definitely legitimate concerns regarding the 2016 Democratic primary and how it went.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
LOL. I got to hand it to her. She's gonna sell some books.

I wonder why she is so ready to throw people under the bus? I don't get her motive. I don't really believe that she considered removing Hillary, as I don't think she really could, even if her powers were ascribed that. Maybe it was a small thought, and she really blew it up for her novel.

I'm really interested to hear reactions about this book, from insiders. I wonder if any of them can back her up.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm sure there's some truth to this. What's most interesting is seeing the 180 in replies from the last brazile thread.though the replies are both equally as fervent.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Donna.... just...

giphy.gif

leder

Oct 25, 2017
This is all very damning for the Democratic Party. Particularly, why the fuck did they give Donna the DNC chair?