• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
eh,story was really clicheè and nothing to write home for,so i don't really see the reason to turn the game into a movie.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
eh,story was really clicheè and nothing to write home for,so i don't really see the reason to turn the game into a movie.
There are some really cliché (or paper-thin) storylines that still make great action movies, like Dredd, John Wick, or The Man from Nowhere.

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
for someone that is 54 he is looking very young.

This was taken 2 years ago

DY_Training.jpeg

Last edited:

LazerRanger

Oct 28, 2017
As much as this is going to be a repeat of some of the roles he has already played, ill still be there day one to see Yen as Wei Shen!

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
As I said in the other thread, as good as Yen is I would MUCH rather have the superior Wei, Will Yun Lee.

Oct 27, 2017
I love Donnie Yen and I'm excited for more Sleeping Dogs, but he's about 20 years older than I imagined Wei Shen to be.

I hope this means the franchise isn't dead in terms of more games though.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As much as I like Donnie, they really fucked up by not casting Will Yun Lee. There is only one Wei Fucking Shen and that's him.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
This revives the chances of Sleeping Dogs 2 being real which on one hand i think it's fucking great. On the other hand, i feel the formula would be better applied GTA style. With a new protagonist and story to the sequel.

Although, i would not kick a Remake of the original Sleeping Dogs out of bed...

Deleted member 31133

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Holy fuck. I heard about this last year, but never thought it would actually get made. Take it it's still on track for this year?

Feb 3, 2018
Wow I loved that game and I am going to Hong Kong in July if the nonstop gunfights with guns that don't need reloading , does not start the second I get off the airplane I will be very disappointed.

This looks cool though

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Dogeyes. ;)

Hopefully this turns out a little better than your usual game movie adoptions.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Still heads and fucking shoulders above any GTA or other urban crime game. It was sincere and had me hooked from start to finish.

Really excited for this project, and here's hoping it rekindles Square Enix's interest in the franchise. At this point I'm even willing to take a sequel even if it's not from a ex-UFG team. Just give me anything! ;_;

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm not going to hold out much hope for this, given the pretty appalling track record for game adaptations.

That being said Sleeping Dogs is a good fit. There's not too much story to cram in, though it's pretty similar in premise to a lot of other films. One thing that was said about Sleeping Dogs is that there was nothing original about it but it came together into a satisfying game. I imagine at best the film will be a fairly by the numbers Hong Kong crime film because, ultimately, that's what the game was.

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
I'M WEI SHEN MOTHERFUCKER!

As much as Will Yun Lee killed it in the game, I trust Donnie Yen for a live action punch-fest. All he needs to do is make this a Flashpoint 2 and this is set.