• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 30, 2017
There's always one guy at the local sportball game screaming a running commentary at a notably louder volume than the crowd about how the refs should kill themselves

It's sending out bad vibrations man

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Who wants a quiet stadium?

WE LOVE YOU RAFA, WE DO
WE LOVE YOU RAFA, WE DO
WE LOVE YOU RAFA, WE DO
OOOH RAFA WE LOVE YOU

:(

Birdito

Oct 30, 2017
One of my least favourite ones recently is the guy who's making it known to the crowd that he coaches youth soccer by loudly complaining to the ref about fouls ("c'mon ref!"). Or the frequency of "send it!"

OP
OP
Oct 30, 2017
Yup. Stay home if you don't want to hear it. I'm going off next season. Fuck the Clippers.
Nope

Sport is a valuable thing - and while noise, chants, cheering and booing are an essential part of it, it should still be an environment where acting like a dickhead is frowned on

It took a long time for me to even realise that I enjoyed sports because of how upsetting it was to me as a little kid to listen to grown men loudly heap abuse on players and refs in ways that honestly just aren't appropriate

Everyone should be able to go to a game and enjoy it

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Yelling and screaming fans are okay depending on the magnitude of the game.

Backseat coaching ftryhards from the stands though? I'm good without that.

Oct 29, 2017
There was this guy who used to go to Washington Wizards/Bullets games that was a legendary heckler. Basically the entire league knew about him.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nope

Sport is a valuable thing - and while noise, chants, cheering and booing are an essential part of it, it should still be an environment where acting like a dickhead is frowned on

It took a long time for me to even realise that I enjoyed sports because of how upsetting it was to me as a little kid to listen to grown men loudly heap abuse on players and refs in ways that honestly just aren't appropriate

Everyone should be able to go to a game and enjoy it

This. It's fucking ridiculous how I have to constantly shield my children from drunken dipshits causing a fucking scene over SPORTS.

And I love sports, and enjoy drinking and having a good time at sporting events. But there's a line.

Have an ounce of decency morons.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I have never NOT been completely tipsy/almost drunk at a sports game, so I don't really give a fuck what other people are doing there.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
People get excited about things.

I have no problem with loud as long as its respectful. It doesnt bother me unless they start hurling insults.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more concerned about the aggressively loud sports dude on the bus ride home. The bus driver's trying to do just job, man, stop threatening to pee on him.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Have fun. Be loud if you are passionate. Don't be a dick and don't fuck with people.

There. Sports bar etiquette.

Oct 29, 2017
My wife and I always seem to get tickets within proximity of drunken pinkhat cougars who lust for every player whose name they can remember. It's annoying sometimes but good for a few chuckles.

Screaming babies will always be the worst at sporting events.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
This is tough because I think being loud and passionate at the game is great, it's part of what makes sports so great. There are the people however who go above and beyond. There's a difference between loud and obnoxious though. Volume is almost never the issue.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
This is tough because I think being loud and passionate at the game is great, it's part of what makes sports so great. There are the people however who go above and beyond. There's a difference between loud and obnoxious though. Volume is almost never the issue.
Yep. Cheering/chanting for your team is awesome. It's what makes live sports worth going to; otherwise, watching at home on a big screen TV is the better experience in every other way. I don't even personally like soccer, but I've found myself going to MLS games semi-often because sitting in the supporters sections is the closest atmosphere I've seen to college sports.

However, being an obnoxious asshole is not awesome. Read the crowd and refrain from the over-the-top vulgarity. That just makes the event less fun, and even uncomfortable, for a lot of people. I still remember a Houston Rockets/LA Lakers game I went to around two decades ago where this girl kept obnoxiously yelling vulgar variations of "Olajuwon can suck my dick" over and over again in a shrill voice while the rest of the section was quietly watching the game (it wasn't very competitive at that point). It was really an annoying downer of a moment in what was otherwise a fun night out with my dad. Security had to eventually come talk to her. Don't be that person.