• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I just threw it all out. I have one crappy quality picture I took like last week. But I don't even know how to post pictures here. (Seriously). Just check on google there's tons of complaints and pictures. Funny thing is I remember my son asking me what this thing was on his plate like last year and I said nothing. Lol. I wonder how much bugs I've been eating.

If you think im talking shit tell me how to put up a pick and I'll post it.

Dude, of course if you google for any particular thing you'll find plenty of pictures of said thing, that's the whole point of it

Chicken Nuggets Feather
Salad Frog
Salad Spider

Doesn't mean it's a widespread issue and that you should be afraid of eating processed food. :P

Ometeotl

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't think that in today's internet society, an outbreak of maggots and bugs in Kraft boxes wouldn't be one of the most popular stories on the day it was released? It's either the store or your house that's allowing bugs in.

Nov 20, 2017
best-south-park-3.gif

OP
OP
Burrman

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just warning you guys to poor the noodles on some Paper towel before you put it in the pot and take a look.
Get back to me.

bill crystals

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How come this doesn't get much attention?
Because it's nowhere near as widespread as you think it is? Eaten Kraft Mac & Cheese my whole life and never saw anything like what you claim.

That's the problem with anecdotes, yours can simply be cancelled out by mine.

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I guarantee it's not my place. It's a new condo and we are clean as hell. This came in like a plastic sealed 12 pack.

So, you bought a plastic sealed twelve pack of KD, and after realizing there were bugs in it you went to another store and bought another plastic sealed 12 pack and had the same problem? I'm gonna have to call bullshit. Why wouldn't you just buy an individual box and check it out instead of another 12 pack? Straight up, show me the receipts. I'm on the same internet that you're on and I don't see pictures and videos all over the internet and everyone saying the same thing. In fact in this very thread, I see no one saying the same thing.

Just giving you a hard time...I don't eat that shit anyway, but it sounds like you're erring a little too hard on the side of confirmation bias.

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just google'd it, I don't see anything you describe. There's like 1 picture with a bug on it and it's already cooked so that bug jumped on it afterwards then they took the pic.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've opened Kraft mac n cheese packs with bugs in them. Granted, I still buy and eat kraft mac n cheese. But still.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
OP
OP
Burrman

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, you bought a plastic sealed twelve pack of KD, and after realizing there were bugs in it you went to another store and bought another plastic sealed 12 pack and had the same problem? I'm gonna have to call bullshit. Why wouldn't you just buy an individual box and check it out instead of another 12 pack? Straight up, show me the receipts. I'm on the same internet that you're on and I don't see pictures and videos all over the internet and everyone saying the same thing. In fact in this very thread, I see no one saying the same thing.

Just giving you a hard time...I don't eat that shit anyway, but it sounds like you're erring a little too hard on the side of confirmation bias.

First was a twelve pack or whatever pack it is and then bought 3 singles from Walmart.

12 pack from no frills and theee singles from Walmart.

Wow it's funny I'm being accused of lying and that everyone thinks I have an infestation in my home.

OP
OP
Burrman

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because it's nowhere near as widespread as you think it is? Eaten Kraft Mac & Cheese my whole life and never saw anything like what you claim.

That's the problem with anecdotes, yours can simply be cancelled out by mine.

I've never noticed it either until I noticed it once. Just double check next time and let me know. There small ass bugs and hard to notice.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
First was a twelve pack or whatever pack it is and then bought 3 singles from Walmart.

Wow it's funny I'm being accused of lying and that everyone thinks I have an infestation in my home.

On the other hand, you're pretending like Kraft has a huge infestation problem, which has not been reported ANYWHERE.

You're absolutely overreacting here.

Oct 29, 2017
Ive seen this happen but it was food that was stored in a pantry in the garage and had been out there for a while. I assumed they got into it while at the house but who knows. If bugs come out while you are boiling the noodles then dont eat it.

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me of a time I most definitely ate a bug from a box of Fruit Loops. Legit nearly vomited instantly. No clue what the fuck it was, but as soon as I tasted it I knew it was a bug. Spit it out and tried not to vomit while running to the bathroom brushing my teeth 10,000 times. Never again will I eat Fruit Loops.

Also Kraft is awful. If you have an Aldi near you, their Mac and cheese is really good. And bug free(so far).

Deleted member 25702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Did you call the number on the box at any point? If you're sure it isn't an infestation in your home, you should have called it in to Kraft. Packaging problems happen constantly and aren't anything interesting that would warrant news coverage short of something wild. Dig out a box and call it in.

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

So, those three singles weren't plastic sealed then, right? And you would have had to have taken at least one box out of the plastic wrapped twelve pack to cook it, so maybe the only common thing is that they shared space in your kitchen/pantry. If the place is as new as you say it is, maybe there is some hole or space somewhere that is not properly sealed up and there could be some mild level of infestation. Just check all your other non-air tight items like rice, pasta, cereal, etc and make sure it's not your place. It's not like it would be your fault if you did have some minor infestation issue.

No one thinks you're lying. You're just doing that thing we all do where if something happens to us we assume it is way more widespread than something that has not ever happened to us.

StrykerIsland

Oct 25, 2017
I put pepper in the pot as a cook the pasta. Little black specks everywhere. You sure your kids didn't sprinkle some pepper in there, OP?

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Always check expiration date, and the food itself before eating. Just a good general rule to have.

The store I go to has a problem with Earwigs. They get into everything.
940x600-Earwig.jpg

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If it's true, he should call Kraft and tell them he's got their secret uncovered and he's sending a manuscript of the story to NYTimes. Then they'll give him $130,000 to shut up.