• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yo OP, those are a good source of protein.
8838.jpg

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
It's possible a shipment on a truck got bugs and the two stores you went to (especially if they are the same company) got the same shipment.

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
Could be pantry moths, get into your house no matter how clean you are. Typically get into boxed food either at a specific store or distribution center. Could have also gotten in on something else, and can multiply in your pantry if you don't use food fast enough. Chances are they have already layed eggs, better check all the corners and ceiling.

Nov 30, 2017
I've never had anything like that in any of the Kraft products we bought in my house, but we usually only buy Kraft Mac and cheese, anyway. Also, I barely buy that nowadays, I usually get velveeta instead.

Deleted member 33887

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I once accidentally peeled off a significant portion of the cheese off a frozen pizza and it sort of sat around in the trash, and like a thousand maggots came out of it. I've eaten frozen pizza once in the last 9 years because of that.

Jadentheman

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's processed garbage. Find a real dinner to cook from. It's costs about the same or even less if you know how

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
We usually buy big bags of rice from Asian markets since we make a lot of rice. We went to make some and noticed tiny little black specs that were bugs. No idea where the bugs came from since we've never seen them before. Probably a bad batch.

OP
OP
Burrman

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure insulting KD is legally considered treason, man, watch out...

Fuck seriously! It's like some people think I'm making lies about their family or something. Lol. Why would I make a thread for no reason? Am I hired by another company to take down kraft or something?

My place is clean as hell I tell you!! I'm not a 50 year old dirty basement dweller that lives off kd I swear!

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Could be pantry moths, get into your house no matter how clean you are. Typically get into boxed food either at a specific store or distribution center. Could have also gotten in on something else, and can multiply in your pantry if you don't use food fast enough. Chances are they have already layed eggs, better check all the corners and ceiling.

Pantry pests are the worst. I got some in dry dog food and it took like 3 months to be completely rid of them.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Happened to me too OP but with a box of Annie's mac and cheese and once with a box of cheerios, these were both a long time ago, it's just something that happens sometimes. I doubt there is a human being checking before the noodles get poured into boxes at the plant for bugs, that shit is all automated, bugs are gonna happen. I'm sure your house is very clean, people are just thirsty for a thread backfire (or are very dedicated to Kraft).

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
I used to work at a plant that packaged a generic brand of mac and cheese and there is a hierarchy of things that we needed to make sure didn't get into the food. Bugs was the lowest priority of all items.

Also, I barely ever saw any bugs. We had plenty of spiders though. I assume they ate all of the bugs.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
For real? One box had like 10 in it the other had a few little white buger lookin things. I assume maggots
They're not maggots. Maggots are fly larvae. A fly wouldn't crawl inside of a box of dried pasta. They are weevils and weevil larvae. As a warehouse-type distributor, Wal-Mart can be more susceptible to insect infestation; it's also a reason why their crackers and other dry foods can be stale.

I once accidentally peeled off a significant portion of the cheese off a frozen pizza and it sort of sat around in the trash, and like a thousand maggots came out of it. I've eaten frozen pizza once in the last 9 years because of that.
Are you thinking that the maggots were already there in the frozen product? And somehow survived the freezing process to reanimate later? No, you had flies in your house and they laid eggs in the trash that sat around.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't need an excuse not to eat that trash and it's definitely not because of bugs

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
kraft dinner is , well, horrid shyte. there's unlikely to be any real nutrition in it , one box has like a full days sodium, and I'd frankly go to mcdonalds first.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I regret reading this thread because I like mac & cheese. Now I won't buy it again for awhile.

Deleted member 33887

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
They're not maggots. Maggots are fly larvae. A fly wouldn't crawl inside of a box of dried pasta. They are weevils and weevil larvae. As a warehouse-type distributor, Wal-Mart can be more susceptible to insect infestation; it's also a reason why their crackers and other dry foods can be stale.

Are you thinking that the maggots were already there in the frozen product? And somehow survived the freezing process to reanimate later? No, you had flies in your house and they laid eggs in the trash that sat around.

They were larvae. Also impossible given it was the dead of winter and my trash was well secured. The eggs were frozen and warmed up and hatched.

Deleted member 14002

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here to shill for Kraft Dinner Deluxes, these things are fucking great.

The cheese comes in a liquid packet in the box.

OP
OP
Burrman

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Happened to me too OP but with a box of Annie's mac and cheese and once with a box of cheerios, these were both a long time ago, it's just something that happens sometimes. I doubt there is a human being checking before the noodles get poured into boxes at the plant for bugs, that shit is all automated, bugs are gonna happen. I'm sure your house is very clean, people are just thirsty for a thread backfire (or are very dedicated to Kraft).

Thanks for a decent response. This is the first thread I made and it's making me think it'll be my last. Never noticed how much people love to make a thread backfire on the OP. The internet I guess?

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you Google it there are TONS of people with the same experience. Get Amy's. It costs more, but it tastes better and it isn't full of fucking maggots.