• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Shit I just ate that like a month ago. Worst part was they were slightly past expiration date too. No wonder my nail have been falling out and I have intense cravings for sugar.....

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for a decent response. This is the first thread I made and it's making me think it'll be my last. Never noticed how much people love to make a thread backfire on the OP. The internet I guess?

Except you framed it as all Kraft Mac and Cheese has bugs and had an exaggerated story. Some food products get bugs in them, the vast majority of Kraft boxed food does not have bugs in it, it is not an epidemic.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
Any grain product can easily become infested if there's an infestation somewhere along the supply chain (and there often is). The bugs can easily chew through cardboard boxes and plastic bags, so it's always a good idea to store pasta, flour, cereal, etc in rigid plastic containers.

I used to work at a pet store, and we were shipped so many bags of infested food. I can't imagine what some of those warehouses must be like...

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
For OP's convenience, here's a better, low-cost version of Kraft Dinner they can make without having to worry about what else they're getting.

• 2 cups Whole Milk
  • 2 cups Water
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 box Macaroni
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar*

Cook macaroni in boiling milk, salt and water 7-8 minutes. Don't drain. Add butter and cheese and stir until combined.

*Easily customized with different cheeses or pastas. Add spices like white pepper, dry mustard or nutmeg. Add toppings like bacon and jalapenos if you're so inclined.

The only thing you're paying for with Kraft dinner is the dry cheese mix. Save yourself some money can just use this method where you at least can have better control of what you're putting into your body.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
If Canadians stopped eating Kraft Dinner, Tim Hortons would see a 50% uptick in sales.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, fuck it, KD tastes good (especially with some added goat cheese) and bugs are good for you. Everything's boiled anyway.

That said, I've never seen this before and usually dump out a bit of the dry pasta before hand because I can't eat a whole box and it makes the rest extra cheesy.

Deleted member 25702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks for a decent response. This is the first thread I made and it's making me think it'll be my last. Never noticed how much people love to make a thread backfire on the OP. The internet I guess?
I hope you take the advice given to you and report the issue to Kraft. Foodstuff recalls are incredibly common and require reports from consumers like you.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
OP where are you located in western Canada and did you buy that 12 pack when it was on that cheap sale? No frills sometimes acquires old or near expiry overstock to sell as sale items. I think we got a 12 pack from There recently so I'll have to double check next time i eat some.

Is the macaroni really just sitting in the box? Don't they have an air tight bag?

Tons of noodles come in boxes not just kraft. Boxes are glued shut so For anything to get in the box would need to be damaged or chewed through.

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I haven't had Kraft Dinner in over a decade. That's some repugnant shit and all it does is remind me of being raised in poverty. Hell, i honestly don't even think I've ever HAD Kraft Dinner: we could only afford the store brand shit.

OP
OP
Burrman

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP where are you located in western Canada and did you buy that 12 pack when it was on that cheap sale? No frills sometimes acquires old or near expiry overstock to sell as sale items. I think we got a 12 pack from There recently so I'll have to double check next time i eat some.

Tons of noodles come in boxes not just kraft. Boxes are glued shut so For anything to get in the box would need to be damaged or chewed through.
I'm in Toronto and honestly didn't even check the date before I threw it out. But it wasn't at my home for more then 2 days.

Just double check before you put them in the pot. I don't know how common it is but I did notice a lot of ppl on the internet had this issue

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Eh don't get discouraged seriously the thread is pretty funny and most people just arguing about kd it's nothing against you . Bugs in food is pretty damn common but it's also funny . You should add pics and tweet Kraft itd be bonus time

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
yeah always pour out your pasta and make sure it don't got bugs innit. I had my traumatizing experience.

a box of dead bugs with some pasta in it.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
For OP's convenience, here's a better, low-cost version of Kraft Dinner they can make without having to worry about what else they're getting.

• 2 cups Whole Milk
  • 2 cups Water
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 box Macaroni
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar*

Cook macaroni in boiling milk, salt and water 7-8 minutes. Don't drain. Add butter and cheese and stir until combined.

*Easily customized with different cheeses or pastas. Add spices like white pepper, dry mustard or nutmeg. Add toppings like bacon and jalapenos if you're so inclined.

The only thing you're paying for with Kraft dinner is the dry cheese mix. Save yourself some money can just use this method where you at least can have better control of what you're putting into your body.

This wouldn't help OP if he buys the box of pasta from the same store.

Bugs don't care what logo in on the box. They'll get into them all.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm so fuckin disgusted right now. I know kraft dinner is cheap garbage, but it's sort of like a guilty pleasure for me. My wife does the cooking 90% of the time and always makes proper meals for me and my son. But when she's not around I end up making simple shit like pizza, fries, chicken fingers, an kraft dinnner. My son loves it too.

I've just noticed there's bugs in every fuckin package I open. Little black ones and little maggots. I even tried a different store and there inside everyone! I went online and noticed everyone saying the same thing. Pictures and videos are all over the net.

How come this doesn't get much attention? How is kraft still around? It seems most people that eat this shit are kids. Never buying a kraft product again.
The first youtube vid is seven freaking years old lmao.
I put pepper in the pot as a cook the pasta. Little black specks everywhere. You sure your kids didn't sprinkle some pepper in there, OP?

I don't think so.
Edit: Nvm.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
This wouldn't help OP if he buys the box of pasta from the same store.

Bugs don't care what logo in on the box. They'll get into them all.

Well the good news is usually boxes or bags of pasta you can see into them if there's something nefarious going on.

Kraft Dinner you're left guessing up until you open the box.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, you posted this thread acting like this was a major problem with Kraft branded foods. People said no, it wasn't, because it isn't.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm not seeing this "all over" the internet, either. Do some boxes have bugs? Probably. Do some boxes of all kinds of pasta have bugs? Probably.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I prepared one of those cheesy skillet meals the other day (cheeseburger mac if I recall) and it was fine. I also will use their "shells and cheese" and add kielbasa or ground turkey, and it has always been OK. Maybe some recent production run got tainted, and given distribution, happened to reach people throughout the country.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I can say with 100% certainty that this happened to me once when I was younger....I would guess in 1999 or so. Cooked it and took a few bites before I realized. Thr tiny black bugs were inside the tubes it wasn't obvious at first.

I still eat it though. Haven't had a repeat.

NeoGold123

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Aw man. I just bought like a 5 pack and now I'm gonna have to go all CSI before I eat one from now on. I wonder how many grubs I've eaten now...

DonutHole

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've gotten this like once in my life maybe 17 years ago.

They're weevils. It happens.

Flour is also susceptible to this.

I had it happen once. Bowl of Cap'n Crunch. Half way through I look into the bowl and weevils are moving all about. It didn't even really disgust me for some reason. I just picked the bowl up and dumped it.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Had this happen to me once when I was a kid, though to be fair the box was fairly old, as my family did not eat KD very often. I used to eat Easy Mac a lot in college, and never had it happen again. Seems like it just bad luck, could just as likely have come from the store shelves or other old flour/noodles in the pantry.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Never had bugs in my Kraft Dinner, and I buy that shit by the 12-pack box, but I have had them appear in a coupleCherry Blossoms and I've never been able to touch one since. I still get cravings for those but I just.. can't.