• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Zero nutritional value. I lost one because of that. Because that's what the seller told me.

Also don't buy any Iguanas being sold behind Taco Bell.

so you starved to death a most likely illegally caught wild animal. congrats, do you want a pat on the back?

Don't buy iguanas, period. Iguanas are free, just catch one.

iguanas are wild animals, don't catch them period.

The guy had like...four of them! I thought he knew his shit.

and they may all be dying as well.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This sucks either way; that OP thinks this is funny and is trolling, or he seriously killed an animal by neglect

Fucking hell

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
First Google result...

https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/iguanas-feeding

Avoid fiber-rich, nutrient and vitamin-deficient light green vegetables including iceberg or head lettuce and celery, as their composition is mainly fiber and water with little nutrient value. The inner light-colored parts of some vegetables are less nutritious than the darker green outer leaves.

Acceptable vegetables that should represent a high percentage of the diet include collard greens, beet greens, mustard greens, broccoli, turnip greens, alfalfa hay or chow, bok choy, kale, parsley, Swiss chard, watercress, clover, red or green cabbage, savory, cilantro, kohlrabi, bell peppers, green beans, escarole and dandelion. A lesser percentage of the diet can include cactus, various squash, sprouts, cooked sweet potato, parsnips, okra, cucumber, asparagus, mushrooms, carrots, peas and corn. Fruit can include apples, pears, bananas (with skin), mango, grapes, star fruit, raisins, peaches, tomato, guava, kiwis, and melons. Fruits that are particularly healthy include figs (which contain high calcium), apricots, dates, raspberries and strawberries. Fruits may be eaten preferentially, are generally mineral poor and should perhaps be used sparingly as top dressing. As a treat, flowers such as geraniums, carnations, dandelions, hibiscus, nasturtiums and roses may be offered.

OP
OP
Kinggroin

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
I was ready to have a chuckle thinking OP was making a funny thread but now it seems he may have actually killed a helpless lizard due to neglect. Now I'm sad :(

I promise there was nothing funny intended. The romaine lettuce thread reminded me about it (which is kinda funny I guess), and I figured I share that bit of hard lesson learned with everyone.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Bruh

...Im legit furious at you

You obviously have access to the fucking internet and you let an innocent animal die because you were too god damn neglectful to spend 5 minutes Googling what the fuck your new pet eats?

Fuck

That poor animal

Please think long and hard before you ever get another pet dude. Fucking hell.

I recently bought fish from PetCo, for my daughter.

They gave us nothing but bad information.... and sold us the wrong products. The fish started laying on the floor of the tank, then they died one by one.

I mean I assumed, that going to PET CO, that I would be able to keep some feeder fish alive with the products they're selling there.

With this said, I'm not sure how much confidence I'd have in the hobo selling me his "iguana" for some of my hot sauce packets.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Anyone buying a pet without spending at least 2 minutes googling how to take care of it should be put in jail.

OP
OP
Kinggroin

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.

They gave us nothing but bad information.... and sold us the wrong products. The fish started laying on the floor of the tank, then they died one by one.

I mean I assumed, that going to PET CO, that I would be able to keep some feeder fish alive with the products they're selling there.

With this said, I'm not sure how much confidence I'd have in the hobo selling me his "iguana" for some of my hot sauce packets.

$13 for one, $20 for two.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
tenor.gif

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Don't buy animals: whether it's from breeders, pet shops or some random behind a fast food shop, it's a bad idea.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Tip #2: use the internet and research how to take care of an exotic pet instead of taking the guy selling it to you in an alley's word as gospel.

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
nah, they are vegetarian but they need highly nutritious greens like dandilion or collard greens along with other vegetables for variety. Iceburg lettuce is just like eating water pretty much.
Ah.

Yeah Iceburg is like, filler, I'd never even use it as the base for a salad I eat let alone feed a pet with it.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What? No, I don't need absolution. And I can handle online flagellation. It was a fuck up. I was just sharing it in case anyone was about to do something similarly stupid.

That's a pretty specific PSA, but alrighty then.

My dog is in for surgery for a torn Achilles today, unfortunately I am unable to convey any pertinent information to this board about how to prevent that from happening.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Avoid feeding chicken fries to the lemurs you typically buy from behind the Waffle House.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Never trust anyone you meet in a Taco Bell parking lot. That is the first lesson you should learn from this.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Your situation is a lot more understandable to me especially Factoring the common conception that a fish presumably Is easier to take care of than an iguana and that a pet store should be on top of things. It was a mistake but most of the blame rests on Petco and hopefully the lesson learned here is to never trust them.

OP however has no one to blame but themselves and is displaying a complete lack of actual remorse Beyond lame jokes after a basic failure To help an animal that very obviously would have required Specialized Care and diet. It takes a massive failure of even basic reasoning to not think that an iguana would be complicated to care for.

Karasseram

Jan 15, 2018
Oh for fucks sake a quick googling would have told you it was a very bad idea to feed your ignuana only lettuce. Poor lizard.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
It doesn't matter what the person selling you says, do some research if you are going to have a pet. You're in charge of another living thing, can't be asking too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.