• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
User Banned (permanently): Insinuations of Violence
Most of my life, I've been too nice to a lot of people that have treated me like shit, especially in school in which I was being beat up or being made fun of. And enough is enough.

I'm a human being just like they are. Don't people know that bad karma does happen to exist & that it will come to haunt them big for the way that they treat people? If it doesn't haunt them, then it will certainly haunt their kids.

People should know that there are consequences for such actions.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
giphy.webp

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No, karma doesn't exist.

The bad will usually be bad without repercussion.

And your post leaves no context. Did something bad happen?

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
It doesn't exist mate

The only reason I'm nice to people is because I myself perfectly understand how being treated, um, not nice, feels. I don't expect "good karma" from it.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing close to karma is just that people you directly treat like shit might treat you like shit in response. Don't be silly.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Karma isn't a thing for me, i'll never believe in it.... It's just ridiculous

Tons of people can be shitty people and get away with it, or they can be the best people and having tons of shit happening to them...

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Karma doesn't exist, but shitty people who aren't wealthy or connected do tend to suffer, so it seems like it.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Well, not literally as in a magical force that will punish them for being dicks, but:

A) if you're a dick to people people will fucking cut you from their lives and/or be dicks to you
B)if you do bad things you either will feel bad all the time or will become paranoid assuming everybody is also a bastard like you

Either way, one way or another shit will bite you back in the ass.

"Buh, buh donald trump is president!"

I mean, look at the fucking guy whose ego is so easily bruised he has constant meltdowns in twitter, that man is absolutely not a happy man.

Goron2000

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If karma existed then why do you, a nice guy keep getting shit? I would put more effort into forgetting these people and focus on yourself and your goals. Don't waste energy on people you can't control.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't people know that bad karma does happen to exist & that it will come to haunt them big for the way that they treat people? If it doesn't come on them, then it will certainly come onto their kids.

Sorry to break it to you but karma doesn't exist and people who are evil jerks tend to get away Scots free of their wrongdoing. I mean look at Trump, he has done so many evil shit and yet he's walking around unpunished.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
Mystical karma doesn't exist. But yes it is likely that being an unrepentant shitbag and burning bridges will come back to bite you in the ass one day.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry if people have hurt you OP but you have to grapple with the world as it is and not imagine that some sort of fateful force will enact justice. That's magical thinking.

You're free to think that way if you want, but it's not going to lead anywhere.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno. Donald Trump being president is a pretty big blow to any system that asserts some kind of moral justice.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the end we can't really know as it is bigger then all of us. There might be Karma but we simply can't grasp it or understand when it hits somebody for something.
Personally I often wish for it to happen to all the evil people in this world.

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
The only way karma is real is that when you are a dick, people will think, that person is a dick. There is no cosmic force, it's all human behaviour.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry man it doesn't.

I could go deep into a forest where no others tread, with a bag of kittens I intend to step on and I do this heinous act every day of my life and no karmic justice is there to take place...I mean how could it?

Mimosa97

Oct 25, 2017
The sooner you understand that people who bullied you and treated you like shit won't get punished by any kind of cosmic force, the easier for you it will be to move on and find happiness. Life is unfair. Most of those people will probably go on living a fulfilling life without any remorse or care about what they did to you. Some of them will even become very successful and loved by lots of people even though they are shitbags and you'll be left asking yourself how the fuck is that possible.

Anyway, don't forget to call them out for the shitty things they did to you next time you see them tho. Don't stay silent. Expose them. And just saying it out loud to their face will make you feel better.

Frank

Oct 25, 2017
What goes around, comes around. Except when it doesn't. Which is all the time.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Bad karma only exists insofar as bad people do poorly because good people don't put up with bad people's bullshit. Be the karma you want to see in the world, man.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i understand why people who have gotten a raw deal in life would want to believe that

Status
Not open for further replies.