• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Karma isn't a real thing, you have to prove it before we believe such bullshit.

And saying it will hunt our kids? fucking lmao, what a stupid thing to say.

We literally had a thread about this before, quoting myself:

Karma isn't a thing, there's no reason to believe in something that isn't proven at all. Trying to bring some sort of mysticism to life where there isn't doesn't make any sense.

Humans try to find patters in things when there is nothing in there. Good and bad things happen, there's good and bad people, it's called living your life.

Also, there are a lot of bad people that will never be punished, and a lot of good people that will never be rewarded.

It's just life.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Karma is probably the wrong term. That sounds all mystic or supernatural or whatever. But you covered it when you said 'consequences'. If a person acts like a douche, the consequences of that will eventually have an effect.

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
Nah unfortunately karma doesn't exist. Bad people ofren live long lived without consequences and good people sometimes live lives of abject misery. Its the way the world is.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't believe in karma, yeah if you're an asshole people are going to tend to dislike you, but it's not some inherent law or rule of nature.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's like, have people seriously not even considered the infinite love and wisdom of jesus christ?? WOW!!

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
You do know Karma doesnt exist and is just a made up bullshit like religion?

If Karma would exist it should do a better job for some people.

Last edited:

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
As far as made up bullshit concepts go, karma is pretty boring, i prefer reincarnation. imagine your enemies coming back as a slug or a dungbeetle

Oct 25, 2017
You guys have to be obtuse to think that people use the word Karma to literally mean a magical force that punishes bad people, language evolves, people use the word karma to basically mean "there are consequences to being a dickhead and doing good makes you feel good".

it's not being obtuse, people DO BELIEVE in magic bullshit, so just say there are consequences for your actions, that's it.

Reality is that a lot of people do bad or good shit and nothing ever happens, it's just life.

This thread seems to be about the magical bullshit Karma until OP clarifies it.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Mercury must be in retrograde.
I chuckled.

OP...stick up for yourself. There's no mystical force that you're on the light side of...people fuck with you more when you relinquish all agency you have to a nonexistent entity. Or you can waste your life also avoiding walking under ladders, spilling the salt, stepping on cracks on the sidewalk, etc.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
You guys have to be obtuse to think that people use the word Karma to literally mean a magical force that punishes bad people, language evolves, people use the word karma to basically mean "there are consequences to being a dickhead and doing good makes you feel good".
This thread is about Karma in the magical force sense.

War Eagle

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'd like to believe the same thing, OP, especially born as a Hindu. But, realistically... it probably doesn't actually exist.

With that said, it sounds like you are venting frustration about people treating you awful, and there's nothing wrong with that. My advice to you is to channel your anger and desire for revenge/karma and use it to better yourself. The best revenge is to become successful, in whatever you personally define as success. And you know what? When you're well on your way to success, you won't remember/care about these people anymore. If they try to come 'crawling' to you later in life because you've made something of yourself, you won't even get satisfaction out of it--you won't really care. Hell, you may even find that you actually pity them.

I wish you look, OP; you got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.