• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
I have this pet theory that a lot of the posters unironically rolling with this narrative are hate jerking in the spoilers thread. Let's investigate

Check

Check

Check

Didn't the GoT cast do the same shit with season 8?
Check

I won't meme any of this until after the movie is out.
Check

Big hmmmms

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like these kinds of questions just make it too easy for people to read into something that isn't there when most likely it's just the actors doing their best not to give anything away.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I have this pet theory that a lot of the posters unironically rolling with this narrative are hate jerking in the spoilers thread. Let's investigate

Check

Check

Check

Check

Check

Big hmmmms

Classy, whatever fits your narrative bud.

I just made a joke

I feel like these kinds of questions just make it too easy for people to read into something that isn't there when most likely it's just the actors doing their best not to give anything away.

This is the correct take.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Multiple GoT interviews where multiple actors express concern and bewilderment over the finale, many of them in a genuine way.

...One Disney interview where cast members make silly faces.

"Same exact thing".

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Multiple GoT interviews where multiple actors express concern and bewilderment over the finale, many of them in a genuine way.

One Disney interview where cast members make silly faces.

"Same exact thing".

Didn't say it was the exact same thing.

I even mentioned that I could be misreading it.

i'm open to being wrong.

But for the record, I was saying that stuff about GOT based on one interview too before more things started rolling out.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
i'm open to being wrong.

You are already wrong.

This is an official Disney advertisement and it's incredibly clear that they're being silly.

You are a regular in the spoiler thread for this film and you shit on the Disney Star Wars films regularly. You understand that the actors are joking around but pretend that there is a chance there isn't. Your agenda with this thread is obvious.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

...One Disney interview where cast members make silly faces.

"Same exact thing".
It's just a bit of fun right now.

We'll all chime in with our impressions in a few weeks. Anyone posting in a thread about this movie at this point has opening weekend tickets.

You are already wrong.

This is an official Disney advertisement and it's incredibly clear that they're being silly.

You are a regular in the spoiler thread for this film and you shit on the Disney Star Wars films regularly. You understand that the actors are joking around but pretend that there is a chance there isn't. Your agenda with this thread is obvious.
exposed.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I dont think OP is very good at reading social cues .
To wit, there is a diffrence between nervous awkward laughter the GoT cast shared and a genuine co workers goofing off vibe of this vid .

Except Russel who ddint got the memo and gave an honest answere .

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is an embarrassing thread, honestly. The OP is just desperate for a reason to hate.

I will take whatever mod punishment is distributed for thread whining.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Game of Thrones made some really controversial twists with its characters, I doubt there'll be anything that will touch a nerve as much as that, especially from JJ.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
You are already wrong.

Actually, I don't understand that they're all joking around. They might all be joking, they might not all be.

And sometimes when you joke, you say what you're actually thinking. Can't say but I'd be interesting in knowing what people think .

I'd like to also come back this thread when the movie comes out and see if people have any other thoughts on this.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I keep going back to GOT season 8 but I read Emilia's social cues correctly and I got shat on by people saying differently and that I was exaggerating.

I dont know , we gonna need some real tube certified body languages experts to figure out this one

giphy.gif

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Actually, I don't understand that they're all joking around. They might all be joking, they might not all be.

And sometimes when you joke, you say what you're actually thinking. Can't say but I'd be interesting in knowing what people think .

I'd like to also come back this thread when the movie comes out and see if people have any other thoughts on this.

Yes, yes. "Just asking questions" basically.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
You are already wrong.

👏🏿

Wow. The people who know what happens in the movie are down on it. Must be a bunch of haters.
I for one cannot recall a single instance where a hyped up movie had leaks and the people who make it their mission to discuss, lowkey leak, and be an smug bout having read leaks were like "WOW THIS SOUNDS AWESOME." Especially not on Era. Where people unironically present "this movie is ONLY making 200m opening weekend" as a bad thing.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Check

Check

Check

Check

Check

Big hmmmms

Yep, doesn't take much to see this.

Just go back over the past several pages and it's less about the leaks and more looking forward to the reactions and discussions of what they feel like will not be a good movie as if it's a big gotcha/validation moment because they were right or something? I don't know, it's fun to be like that I guess.

If the film ends up bad then oh well so be it. I look forward to the always hyperbolic Era and the comments of "I told you so!"-esque attitude because they have to remind you they hated The Last Jedi and/or JJ Abrams.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017

Check

Check

Check

Check

Check

Big hmmmms

Ha, yup, it's like Era's voltron of questionable taste right there ;).

Don't venture into the spoiler thread. What's in there? Only what you take with you.

Starphanluke

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 15, 2017
The funniest part is that most of the cast members have confirmed that they don't know the actual ending and the cast screening isn't until this coming week.

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of you are really pushing the GoT ending camparison even if nothing from the leaks sounds as bad, underwhelming and wasted potential? Yeah but not even close to GoT ending.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why can't we just wait until the movie or first reviews are out before arguing how good/bad it is?

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
kinda lame for anyone partaking in spoiler discussions about an unreleased and highly anticipated movie to be making questionable threads about it tbh

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Anthony Daniels already said he loved the ending and couldn't have imagined it being better. Just to give you an indication of how much to read into this

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I keep going back to GOT season 8 but I read Emilia's social cues correctly and I got shat on by people saying differently and that I was exaggerating.

This is terrible reasoning. Predicting one answer doesn't validate the method used to make the prediction. Anyone who said "I had a dream season 8 wasn't good and it wasn't!" has as much right as you do to claim their process produced a correct and repeatable result.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
This is terrible reasoning. Predicting one answer doesn't validate the method used to make the prediction. Anyone who said "I had a dream season 8 wasn't good and it wasn't!" has as much right as you do to claim their process produced a correct and repeatable result.

Actually, that wasn't my exact prediction. My prediction was that Daenerys meets a bad end based on what Emilia Clarke's reactions were.

(I also predicted King Bran but that's not based on actor's reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.