• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I mentioned in the OP that he's probably joking since he prefaces the line with asking "what's the ending?"
"Probably joking"

"But please remember how disgusted Emilia Clarke was with GoT"

It's very clear that they're joking (Daniels claiming he doesn't know the ending, the cast basically in tears laughing) and the fact that you're painting it as possibly legit reactions is silly.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
see how they're showing teeth that actually means they're real fuckin angry cause primates that bear teeth can be aggressive and therefore the rise of skywalker is doomed thanks now im gonna go watch youtube and find videos comparing all previous movie pre release interviews and put my studies of microexpressions to good use

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
👏🏿

I for one cannot recall a single instance where a hyped up movie had leaks and the people who make it their mission to discuss, lowkey leak, and be an smug bout having read leaks were like "WOW THIS SOUNDS AWESOME." Especially not on Era. Where people unironically present "this movie is ONLY making 200m opening weekend" as a bad thing.

now that you mention it, 'hyped movie spoiler leaks' threads do tend to all go the same way

of course, so do a lot of announcement threads for any new stuff from established IP

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
"Probably joking"

"But please remember how disgusted Emilia Clarke was with GoT"

It's very clear that they're joking (Daniels claiming he doesn't know the ending, the cast basically in tears laughing) and the fact that you're painting it as possibly legit reactions is silly.

Since GOT, I never leave it off the table that actors might be give their opinions on their characters via a joke. A joke doesn't necessarily mean a lie.

But it could all mean nothing. People are opining that there's no chance any of them are really telling the truth.

You guessed a thing once. You also guessed a different thing, based on factors different from the first thing, once. Nothing you're saying changes the reasoning I'm trying to explain to you.

Also where Attack on Titan took Eren for the finale. I've been on a roll with predictions this year actually. Humble brag.

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like this is the type of thread where people with ammo are gonna wait on until the movie is shit to say "LOL I TOLD U SO."

Darkgran

Oct 27, 2017
As much as this board claims to hate Star Wars there sure are a shit ton of posts about it.

Also if you can tell they are joking you need help...

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Since GOT, I never leave it off the table that actors might be give their opinions on their characters via a joke. A joke doesn't necessarily mean a lie.

But it could all mean nothing. People are opining that there's no chance any of them are really telling the truth.

Also where Attack on Titan took Eren for the finale. I've been on a roll with predictions this year actually. Humble brag.
They're laughing hysterically. There's no reason to frame it like you did in the OP and compare it to Clarke. Daniels is shrugging because the joke is that he said he doesn't know.

It's really as simple as that, and drawing on cast reactions to GoT is embarrassing.

Daisy Ridley has been gushing over it in interviews as well.

I'm not saying that's a reflection of the eventual quality of the film, but cast member reactions have been the polar opposite of GoT.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
As much as this board claims to hate Star Wars there sure are a shit ton of posts about it.

Also if you can tell they are joking you need help...

Answered here:

Are you avoiding the obvious conclusion about your reasoning here because you have trouble recognizing it or because you don't?

I've already explained before. It could totally mean nothing or it could mean something. Only raising the possibility. -shrugs-

If my reasoning is wrong, that's fine too. It could very well be.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've already explained before. It could totally mean nothing or it could mean something. Only raising the possibility. -shrugs-

No it definitely means nothing. You claiming to guess things correctly doesn't imply they aren't guesses. You currently have no justification for believing your predictions are any more or less likely than thoughts picked randomly from a hat of possible outcomes.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
Answered here:

The possibility is unfounded. Emilia Clarke was trying to sidestep something in interviews. This is a planned event by the people at Disney that has the actors all but stating that this is a bit, alongside other interviews that are more sincere and show nothing like Emilia's reactions or evasiveness and are pretty obviously genuine.

You're playing devil's advocate for one reason and one reason only, and that's to build up doubt in the movie and create the narrative that its actors are against it.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
GoT Season 8 was definitely garbage. But I'm pretty sure most of the actors still defend the ending, don't they? Like, even if the reactions they gave in those pre-finale press appearances makes it appear they hated it, it's only by luck that they appeared to hate something that was bad, when in they actually were quite happy with it.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
Lol ummm. I mean after TLJ I just expect hot trash. I do and I'll go in with open eyes but really TLJ just sets yourself up for failure. Like wtf will happen? Can it get worse? I don't see one movie redeeming the sins of TLJ I'm sorry I just don't

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They're making those expressions because it's a dumb question

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Regardless of how the movie turns out, you made a really stupid thread based on practically nothing.

Just take the L and move on.

I mean no one did this to you

I'm fine with that if it's true but there comes a point when too many people attack you where it feels over-excessive and kind of upsetting. It's just a movie and you want to say I'm wrong then that's cool.

But you don't have to disrespect me as a person to do it. : /

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm fine with that if it's true but there comes a point when too many people attack you where it feels over-excessive and kind of upsetting. It's just a movie and you want to say I'm wrong then that's cool.

But you don't have to disrespect me as a person to do it.
I don't think anyone is attacking you personally, just your dumb troll thread

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
This isn't about TLJ.

Not really a spoiler but spoiling anyway:

I guess some of my bitterness over the leaks does shine through so maybe I should've made this thread after the movie.

Eehh, don't feel bad OP, there are overly sensitive people on both sides, it will be fun coming back to this thread after the movie comes out.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone in this thread like "Lie to me was my favorite show." Lol.

0343f56d6d61db79ef9928181d255c5d.jpg

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Status
Not open for further replies.