• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
1575334450840_25444588.png
D6aStkiX4AEdrOq.jpg:large

Choose your fighter
I think you're onto something here

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Considering none of them have seen it yet, I don't think this means anything. Boyega is seeing it tomorrow.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This. It's gotten out of control now.

People being this angry (or passionate, if you're being charitable) really demonstrates how great the franchise is. No one is mad about Transformers 4 being shit.

I somewhat agree with your point. People are generally too negative over leaks, but some leaked plot points are obviously bad in advance (ala GoT).

hahahahahahaha

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but this is insane.

Anthony is "probably" joking? It's Anthony Daniels, dude is 100% always on during interviews.

Like, how can you actually believe that these actors would try and talk badly about the movie while doing press for it? And then doing in front of the guy who wrote and directed it? How unprofessional do you think these people are? Bruh

You even got these same people talking about how much they love how everything got wrapped up in other interviews.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Anthony is "probably" joking? It's Anthony Daniels, dude is 100% always on during interviews.

Like, how can you actually believe that these actors would try and talk badly about the movie while doing press for it? And then doing in front of the guy who wrote and directed it? How unprofessional do you think these people are? Bruh
Anthony Daniels said like a few days back that he thought the ending couldn't have been any better, that he was completely impressed by it.

But you know

He's totally serious here and legitimately hasn't actually seen the end

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN

You even got these same people talking about how much they love how everything got wrapped up in other interviews.

None of the cast has seen the movie yet. So yeah..he was joking.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When Rey arrived at Coruscant and she heard the surrender bells something in her snapped and she decided to blow up the entire planet with Starkiller Base 2. And when you look back you can see this was expertly foreshadowed by all the times that Rey got mildly pissed off at things.

I'm mostly having a laugh here, even the TROS leaks look like Citizen Kane compared to GoT season 8

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When Rey arrived at Coruscant and she heard the surrender bells something in her snapped and she decided to blow up the entire planet with Starkiller Base 2. And when you look back you can see this was expertly foreshadowed by all the times that Rey got mildly pissed off at things.

I'm mostly having a laugh here, even the TROS leaks look like Citizen Kane compared to GoT season 8
Star Wars even did the whole "main protagonist actually doesn't give a shit about the plight of the low class despite talking it up and just focusing about their own personal destiny crap" before GOT; see one Mr. Jinn, Qui-Gon

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

tenor.gif

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Star Wars even did the whole "main protagonist actually doesn't give a shit about the plight of the low class despite talking it up and just focusing about their own personal destiny crap" before GOT; see one Mr. Jinn, Qui-Gon
Anakin never came back to liberate the slaves of his home world either.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats The Gunslinger, you are pushing the same braindead conspiracy theory bullshit that the alt-right is pushing.

i6rhSsk.png

I really hope you realize how embarrassing it was to post this topic.

Last edited:

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Remember when people said Bri Larson acted super awkward when she was on Jimmy Kimmel and was seriously calling everybody besides Samuel L Jackson skrulls because they all hate working with her? (Even though that basically was taken completely out of context compared to the rest of the interview) This thread reminds me of that.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
So judging by some posts ITT the spoiler thread is pretty much just people shitting on the movie? Surely they will engage with the film in a good faith when they actually see it. That's how it works right? Right? 🙃

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Pre-emptive measure to minimize the backlash to the ending before people go insane after the leaks are proven to be true.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Congrats The Gunslinger, you are pushing the same braindead conspiracy theory bullshit that the alt-right is pushing.

i6rhSsk.png

I really hope you realize how embarrassing it was to post this topic.

That reminds me, for every one of these garbage channels that pop up in my recommendations that I ask youtube to not recommend again, another one takes it's place. Kinda like this type of threads.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
It must be shit to be an actor that's part of these type of fandoms cus you have to make sure every single thing you say or do can't be twisted to push an agenda. Nothing is real, everything is clicks.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're talking about Emilia Clarke and Daenerys.

That was completely on base and she's gone on record saying she finds it hard to lie.

This is completely baseless?

The fact you think this helps your cause is baffling. You are one step away from posting videos showing proof that the Avengers hate Brie Larson at this point. Let it go.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017

That was completely on base and she's gone on record saying she finds it hard to lie.

That says nothing except for the title of the video. Those are the same videos as back then you....
But let's say she was disappointed. She could be for a number of reasons. What was she disappointed about? Specifically. The writing? What writing? The ending? HER ending?
But it wasn't just her reactions. There were many reaction vids from different actors instantly interpreted in that way. It was beyond silly to behold.

The fact you think this helps your cause is baffling. You are one step away from posting videos showing proof that the Avengers hate Brie Larson at this point. Let it go.
Oh right. That was another of those episodes....

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Please also share your opinion on the body language of Brie Larson, I'm glued to my seat over here.

Brie Larson's great and I love her interpretation of Captain Marvel. I actually watched that movie twice in theatres.

That says nothing except for the title of the video. Those are the same videos as back then you....
But let's say she was disappointed. She could be for a number of reasons. What was she disappointed about? Specifically. The writing? What writing? The ending? HER ending?

But it wasn't just her reactions. There were many reaction vids from different actors instantly interpreted in that way. It was beyond silly to behold.

Her ending. She's talked about this already. She was personally devastated by it.

told EW in an incredible final interview that she had to read that part of the script seven times to fully understand what was happening.
"What, what, what, WHAT!?" she was thinking. "Because it comes out of f—king nowhere. I'm flabbergasted. Absolutely never saw that coming."
She said that after she read the scene, her final scene ever, she cried and went for a walk.

"I walked out of the house and took my keys and phone and walked back with blisters on my feet. I didn't come back for five hours. I'm like, 'How am I going to do this?'"

"I genuinely did this, and it's embarrassing and I'm going to admit it to you," Clarke says. "I called my mom and—" Clarke shifts into a tearful voice to perform the conversation as she reenacts the call: "I read the scripts and I don't want to tell you what happens but can you just talk me off this ledge? It really messed me up.' And then I asked my mom and brother really weird questions. They were like: 'What are you asking us this for? What do you mean do I think Daenerys is a good person? Why are you asking us that question? Why do you care what people think of Daenerys? Are you okay?'"
"And I'm all: 'I'm fine! … But is there anything Daenerys could do that would make you hate her?'"

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Well I'm sure the internet will respond to this light-hearted revelry in a totally appropriate and not at all outlandishly warped way.

Read: If you take this even the tiniest bit seriously, I don't like you.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Imagine conflating this shit with the very clear and obvious joke in the OP, directly contradicted by just about every single cast interview about the film.

It's hard to feel bad for you when you refuse to put down the shovel

Thoroughly embarrassing.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, the cast was there? I was there on Sunday! Fuck, why do I always miss the good days?

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Imagine conflating this shit with the very clear and obvious joke in the OP, directly contradicted by just about every single cast interview about the film.

It's hard to feel bad for you when you refuse to put down the shovel

Thoroughly embarrassing.

A joke isn't necessarily a lie though.

I did this as a kid/teen a lot. Sometimes I'd just tell the truth presented as a joke in order to throw my parents off and if they ever caught me, I'd tell them that I told them the truth. They just didn't want to believe me.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
A joke isn't necessarily lying though.

I did this as a kid/teen a lot. Sometimes I'd just tell the truth presented as a joke in order to throw my parents off and if they ever caught me, I'd tell them that I told them the truth. They just didn't want to believe me.
Except these are grown adults who have already expressed the opposite in real interviews.

This is legitimately pathetic man

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
So you're just going to outright ignore the fact that the cast has largely expressed nothing but excitement and satisfaction for this film?

Or does that not fit your dumb narrative

This wasn't about the film just the ending.

Also I have no idea. I honestly don't follow the interviews from SW cast just the director interviews for the most part.

This video just popped up in reddit's SW leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.