• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
A film that tried to do new things sandwiched between two pointless and aimless grabs at nostalgia.
giphy.gif

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Brie Larson's great and I love her interpretation of Captain Marvel. I actually watched that movie twice in theatres.

Her ending. She's talked about this already. She was personally devastated by it.
A lot of actors were devastated by the ending of their characters (and the ending of the show). Not dissappointed in the way you think.... man some people ..

Don't get me wrong, the final season had horrible shit writing but some of you Stans are something else.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
A lot of actors were devastated by the ending of their characters (and the ending of the show). Not dissappointed in the way you think.... man some people ..

Don't get me wrong, the final season had horrible shit writing but some of you Stans are something else.
JK Rowling cried when she offed Sirius Black. A decision she made. Actors/creators form emotional bonds with their creations. Who knew.

In comparison to the other two...
You mean the one not released yet you absolute spoon

Min

Oct 25, 2017
"I'm under an immense amount of NDAs, so I'm not going to make any attempt at facial expressions"

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah, I'm talking about the film as a whole. I thought that was obvious.

I've liked plenty of things where I think the ending is pretty meh.

People like Slumbering Giant and me are
cursed with knowledge.
I can't see anymore goalposts. Your entire thread and OP is about the cast reacting to the end of the movie. Your video comparison to Emilia is about her reacting to the end of GoT.

Meanwhile, none of the cast have had virtually nothing bad to say about any of the movie, just good things, unlike GoT, and you've quite hilariously misunderstood a joke.

This is shifting from "I made an embarrassing thread" to "I am a complete embarrassment of a poster", and quite rapidly

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I can't see anymore goalposts. Your entire thread and OP is about the cast reacting to the end of the movie. Your video comparison to Emilia is about her reacting to the end of GoT.

Meanwhile, none of the cast have had virtually nothing bad to say about any of the movie, just good things, unlike GoT, and you've quite hilariously misunderstood a joke.

This is shifting from "I made an embarrassing thread" to "I am a complete embarrassment of a poster", and quite rapidly

Take a nap.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017

People like Slumbering Giant and me are
cursed with knowledge.
You know how Thanos, who you quote, saw the future and thought he was right and was really wrong...?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I mean you're trying to provoke me over and over again. Just put me on ignore. You're creeping me out a little.
It sounds to me like your argument completely fell apart and you decided to ignore the content of my posts. You know the cast was joking. You know you made a bad comparison (and thread), yet you double, triple and quadruple down anyways

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
It sounds to me like your argument completely fell apart and you decided to ignore the content of my posts. You know the cast was joking. You know you made a bad comparison (and thread), yet you double, triple and quadruple down anyways

I mean you're just saying the same thing over and over again but getting more and more disrespectful. And I'm just repeating myself over and over.

There's really nothing new to say to each other.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Didn't we just have a big song-and-dance routine on this forum about leaked scripts and their resemblance to the completed final product

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
What do you think my goalposts are?
It started out as "the cast could be reacting negatively to the ending of TROS, just like Emilia did with the ending of GoT", then moved to "well actually, even though my entire OP and title is about the ending of TROS, I really meant they were just reacting to the overall movie", then when I brought up the fact that they've directly contradicted their reactions here in cast interviews (not just about the ending, but actually praised the movie generally), you just ignore (bad faith).

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
It started out as "the cast could be reacting negatively to the ending of TROS, just like Emilia did with the ending of GoT", then moved to "well actually, even though my entire OP and title is about the ending of TROS, I really meant they were just reacting to the overall movie", then when I brought up the fact that they've directly contradicted their reactions here in cast interviews (not just about the ending, but actually praised the movie generally), you just ignore (bad faith).

Whoa, whoa. Where did I say they were reacting to the entire movie? I don't remember doing that but if I implied it then it was bad phrasing on my part and I apologize for that. That'd definitely be my bad then. But I don't think that I did.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Whoa, whoa. Where did I say they were reacting to the entire movie? I don't remember doing that but if I implied it then it was bad phrasing on my part and I apologize for that. That'd definitely be my bad then. But I don't think that I did.

Is that not what you meant here?

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Is that not what you meant here?

No, that's a misunderstanding.

You: So you're just going to outright ignore the fact that the cast has largely expressed nothing but excitement and satisfaction for this film?

Me: I said this wasn't about the film just the ending.

You: THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE ENDING OF THE FILM

Me: Yeah, I'm talking about the film as a whole. I thought that was obvious. I've liked plenty of things where I think the ending is pretty meh.

---------------------------------

I was trying to correct you on the bolded. As in the ending of the film and the whole film are apart from each other because I thought you were trying to just get one up on me or something.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
No, that's a misunderstanding.

You: So you're just going to outright ignore the fact that the cast has largely expressed nothing but excitement and satisfaction for this film?

Me: I said this wasn't about the film just the ending.

You: THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE ENDING OF THE FILM

Me: Yeah, I'm talking about the film as a whole. I thought that was obvious. I've liked plenty of things where I think the ending is pretty meh.

---------------------------------

I was trying to correct you on the bolded. As in the ending of the film and the whole film are apart from each other because I thought you were trying to just get one up on me or something.

^I still don't understand what you mean by this though.

Also, the cast has had only good things to say about the movie and it's ending, so it doesn't even matter or not if we're talking about the film in general or the ending. Because they're praising both.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
[

^I still don't understand what you mean by this though.

Also, the cast has had only good things to say about the movie and it's ending, so it doesn't even matter or not if we're talking about the film in general or the ending. Because they're praising both.

Gotcha.

Also you're missing the whole line. It's this:

" Yeah, I'm talking about the film as a whole. I thought that was obvious. I've liked plenty of things where I think the ending is pretty meh."

This is one whole thought not two different thoughts. I'm trying to separate feelings on a movie and feelings on the ending of a movie. And also I was trying to correct you on those feelings being intrinsically tied.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
[

Gotcha.

Also you're missing the whole line. It's this:

" Yeah, I'm talking about the film as a whole. I thought that was obvious. I've liked plenty of things where I think the ending is pretty meh."

This is one whole thought not two different thoughts. I'm trying to separate feelings on a movie and feelings on the ending of a movie. And also I was trying to correct you on those feelings being intrinsically tied.
But like I said, whether we're talking about the film in general or its ending, it doesn't matter, because the cast interviews have been glowing. Daisy has expressed her love for the ending. Anthony has. JJ thinks he pulled something off that ended up great. Finn has been buzzing about the improvements to his character.

Meanwhile you mistook the joke in the OP to be something more than that.

You've already admitted to not having seen the interviews, which disproves any notion that they might not be kidding.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
But like I said, whether we're talking about the film in general or its ending, it doesn't matter, because the cast interviews have been glowing. Daisy has expressed her love for the ending. Anthony has. JJ thinks he pulled something off that ended up great. Finn has been buzzing about the improvements to his character.

Meanwhile you mistook the joke in the OP to be something more than that.

You've already admitted to not having seen the interviews, which disproves any notion that they might not be kidding.

that's fair

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
I mean you're trying to provoke me over and over again. Just put me on ignore. You're creeping me out a little.

It's kind of weird, the different things we find creepy. For instance, I find it creepy and weird when people spend an inordinate amount of time on the internet specifically hating things, and making sure everyone knows just how much they hate it, and how much they resent other people enjoying things they personally do not. I find it really baffling and off-putting.

Apparently some people are A-OK with that, though. Different strokes, I guess.

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unrelated, but I remember when Shia was shitting on Indy 4 sometime after it's release during an interview. After that Ford publicly tore Shia a new asshole for being unprofessional. I really think Ford literally hates him for that lol.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Boyega should use his new Hollywood clout to produce and star in Attack the block 2 .
This random thought have nothing to do with the thread but i decided to share it anyway .

Oct 25, 2017
The many images of a Rian Johnson massacre
My uncle who works at Nintendo told me that Ruin Johnson literally snuck into the editors room last minute and dubbed over Luke's lines so that the movie ended with him calling 3PO a cunt and implying that Rey is his and Leia's love child. JJ sent the movie off for printing before he noticed and it was too late to do anything about it.

Hence these reactions. You can see it in their faces. Insiders have known the truth for weeks.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This thread seems to be going in circles at this point, so it's locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.