• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gilbals

Oct 25, 2017
Just tried to buy Smash Ultimate on GS (had a giftcard) Hit pay and it uses the gift card and money from my bank, no receipt or order email, no code, no nothin.

And of course they refuse to answer their phone. After over an hour of on hold, they just hung up on me without an answer.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I ordered stuff from them last week, which still has no tracking updates, but apparently went through and is still coming by December 1st.

It took a few hours for the confirmation email to arrive, and then another couple days for the shipping confirmation to arrive. Seems it's just slow.

Pikagreg

Feb 5, 2018
Gamestop's website is always pretty slow. It took me like 4 hours to get my receipt for an order I placed on Thanksgiving and it didn't show up on my order history until then.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had that happen when using a gift card a month ago. A few days later my gift card had the amount returned to it. What's weird though is that checking my card's balance on their site showed it had $0 on it, but my local store looked at it and confirmed the card had money on it. I used it at the store and all was well.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
This is where I was going to buy PlayStation VR on Black Friday but ended up skipping it. Maybe I dodged a bullet.

OP
OP
Gilbals

Gilbals

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be happy if they'd at least answer their 2001 ass call center. They need a live chat. Because I'm in limbo on if the purchase went through or not. Bank says they took my money.

Schwinner

Oct 28, 2017
The order email should come, they have always been slow to update. My friend was freaking out cause he did not think he got the Spiderman bundle and I told him that is just how Gamestop is and the confirmation came 6 hours later. But if you got an error message I would make sure to double check with support that all the info is fine whenever you can get in touch with them. I wouldn't worry too much though it most likely did go through

OP
OP
Gilbals

Gilbals

Oct 25, 2017
The order email should come, they have always been slow to update. My friend was freaking out cause he did not think he got the Spiderman bundle and I told them that is just how Gamestop is and the confirmation came 6 hours later. But if you got an error message I would make sure to double check with support that all the info is fine whenever you can get in touch with them. I wouldn't worry too much though it most likely did go through

Yeah which I can't get a hold of. I've waited less time getting a human to talk to at EA's call center than this...and I didn't get hung up on.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
If you got charged I'm sure the order has actually gone through, it's just slow to update.
you could be wrong.

I tried to place two orders back in august that errored out.

one via paypal, one via credit card.

the credit card had a pending charge for a few days then vanished
my paypal one is still sitting there pending. which took $55 from my account out and is just sitting there with it. Seems that one won't clear itself until a year has passed. There is no traces of any order with gamestop and they haven't shipped anything :/

OP
OP
Gilbals

Gilbals

Oct 25, 2017
you would be wrong.

I tried to place two orders back in august that errored out.

one via paypal, one via credit card.

the credit card had a pending charge for a few days then vanished
my paypal one is still sitting there pending. which took $55 from my account out and is just sitting there with it. Seems that one won't clear itself until a year has passed. There is no traces of any order with gamestop and they haven't shipped anything :/

That's what I'm fearing right there. If I didn't get the gift card from a friend, I would never use Gamestop. Wal-Mart can handle this crap better than they can....and it's Wal-Mart.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
That's what I'm fearing right there. If I didn't get the gift card from a friend, I would never use Gamestop. Wal-Mart can handle this crap better than they can....and it's Wal-Mart.
I hope it works out for you.
for me it doesn't matter to much if $55 is held up on paypal for another 9 months or so, but losing a gift card would suck.

you could try going in a store and talking to someone. In general I've heard people have way more success in store with customer service things.

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
Just realized I hadn't gotten a confirmation email after ordering Hitman for $30. The order went through, I can verify with my PayPal account.

Guess I'll know if nothing shows up within a week.

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
I made an order a few days ago and it hasn't shown up in my orders at all. I did however get a email talking about an order review, and then shortly after a confirmation of my order. I've still yet to receive my digital currency that I paid for from them, and their CS is useless.

OP
OP
Gilbals

Gilbals

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it works out for you.
for me it doesn't matter to much if $55 is held up on paypal for another 9 months or so, but losing a gift card would suck.

you could try going in a store and talking to someone. In general I've heard people have way more success in store with customer service things.

Nearest Gamestop to me is 30mins away and I have trouble getting out. I figured this would be a simple process of buy online and get code, because that's how it should be. Never using these assholes again. Shoulda just forced my agoraphobic ass to go to an actual store.

kimbaka

Oct 27, 2017
It'll go through most likely, the site is just incredibly slow. I ordered four things from them last week during the sales. They all took about an hour or two before the order confirmation email arrived and the item showed up on the Order Confirmation page on the site.

OP
OP
Gilbals

Gilbals

Oct 25, 2017
It'll go through most likely, the site is just incredibly slow. I ordered four things from them last week during the sales. They all took about an hour or two before the order confirmation email showed up and the item showed up on the Order Confirmation page on the site.

The item's still showing in my cart and they took my money. I've been on a phone for for a 2nd hour on my 2nd attempt to get someone to answer.

Crowboy

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered some stuff on Monday and got my confirmation email after a few minutes. The order isn't showing up in my order history though. Doesn't show up if I search through the guest checkout with my credit card either. All of my other orders, even the ones before I created an account with them, show up with that order look up.

kimbaka

Oct 27, 2017
The item's still showing in my cart and they took my money. I've been on a phone for for a 2nd hour on my 2nd attempt to get someone to answer.

Hmm, that's really strange if it's still in your cart afterwards. The site has definitely gone downhill from when I used them more often back in the day. No excuse for such terrible customer support either. Hopefully they handle it soon. :(

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered some stuff on Monday and got my confirmation email after a few minutes. The order isn't showing up in my order history though. Doesn't show up if I search through the guest checkout with my credit card either. All of my other orders, even the ones before I created an account with them, show up with that order look up.
if you got the confirmation email you should be fine.

when
FqTdaPs.png

happened, it said an error had occurred as I finished my order. As it apparently finished my order enough to charge for the order, but not enough to finish it.
The item was still in my cart after I tried to order it as well.

May 22, 2018
Makes me a little relieved to see others having the same issues I am. I ordered both Hitman 2 & Soul Calibur 6 on Monday, and while I got an order confirmation email, the order doesn't show up when I search for it on the website. I've ordered from them a couple times in the past with no hassles, so I hope the site is just slow or backed up.

OP
OP
Gilbals

Gilbals

Oct 25, 2017
Makes me a little relieved to see others having the same issues I am. I ordered both Hitman 2 & Soul Calibur 6 on Monday, and while I got an order confirmation email, the order doesn't show up when I search for it on the website. I've ordered from them a couple times in the past with no hassles, so I hope the site is just slow or backed up.

I"m just wantin my digital code. This should be a give money, get code emailed transaction, but nooooo.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried getting a Horizon code for $10 the order didn't go through and tripped my fraud protection soooooo that was fun. Had to wait all weekend to call the bank and get access to my money again. Never buying anything from Gamestop again what a fucking joke of a company.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
Gamestop's site is one of the biggest pieces of shit to exist out there.

My Solaire amiibo order was just cancelled a d I see no record to follow up.

I almost lost out on the MGSV collector's edition because I moved and the site would not allow a address change. Like I had to get a manager a d talk for about 30 minutes to convince them. I think similar with payment changes.

I know a lot of people go at them for shitty practices usually in-store but I've always had good interactions with them even if their policies suck. But the site is just thrash all around.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Soemthing similar happened to me last year with a damn console lol

I'll assume the order went through but it would best to call CS again. They might be able to cover the shipping or give you points

never again. Gamestop's site is a nightmare. Don't use their site in general. In-store is my rule of thumb now lol

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
The Switch I ordered on Black Friday from them arrived today.

The 50 dollar gift card arrived in my email two days ago.

OP
OP
Gilbals

Gilbals

Oct 25, 2017
So I get called back and it's some packed call center in India, because of course it is, didn't ask any information, just said the money will be back in 3 days, I couldn't ask him any questions and the fuck hung up on me. So...fuck Gamestop utterly. I'll stick with Wal-Mart from now on.

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
GameStop's website is absolutely horrendous. Their Customer Support isn't good either. Your credit card company or Paypal will help you sort it out and get your money back.

OP
OP
Gilbals

Gilbals

Oct 25, 2017
GameStop's website is absolutely horrendous. Their Customer Support isn't good either. Your credit card company or Paypal will help you sort it out and get your money back.

Oh my bank is well aware of how mad I am. They're poised to grab my cash back, the problem is the 50 buck digital gift card I had for GS.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting for the stuff I bought the day before black friday to ship. Gamestop sucks ass.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
GameStop has probably the worst customer service that I've had to use. It shouldn't be normal to have to wait an hour+. Sorry, OP. At least it sounds like you're getting your money back.... hopefully.

IamAwake

Oct 27, 2017
So I bought three Vita games during the black Friday sale. I got my package today with only two of the games. The third still isn't shipped.

OP
OP
Gilbals

Gilbals

Oct 25, 2017
Hey OP, seems like there is an update. Their notification system is jacked. I thought you should know.

My money was sent back to my account, but the Gift Card hasn't been refunded, so it seems this doesn't apply to me, sadly. At least I got my actual cash back. Still waitin on that 50 buck gift card though. So I can get Smash, and still drop GS like a bad habit.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
As a heads up, if you experience an issue and CS can't help, GS has a specific CS line only to be used by employees in store. If you go in at a reasonable time (ie: not 10 minutes before close) when they're not insanely busy, they should be able to help you out. You'll still have to wait around a while, but they're more helpful and faster than if you call in yourself

OP
OP
Gilbals

Gilbals

Oct 25, 2017
As a heads up, if you experience an issue and CS can't help, GS has a specific CS line only to be used by employees in store. If you go in at a reasonable time (ie: not 10 minutes before close) when they're not insanely busy, they should be able to help you out. You'll still have to wait around a while, but they're more helpful and faster than if you call in yourself
If there was a brick and mortar close enough to me, I wouldn't have used the website at all. So, Sadly, I'm at the mercy of this malfunctioning monster.

OP
OP
Gilbals

Gilbals

Oct 25, 2017
UPDATE: They also sent an appeasement I just got good for one 60 dollar digital download. < = 60 bucks. I enter that, and it doesn't work because it applies the discount AFTER tax is calculated, meaning you can't get any 60 dollar game.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
I made an order last week, it stayed "processing" for days and didn't properly charge me on paypal so I called their customer support number. The automated robot put me on hold, and I was on hold for 37 minutes before getting through to someone. I explained what had happened and she didn't seem to understand anything I was saying. She said the order didn't go through because "the item was out of stock". I asked how it could be out of stock when I was able to add it to my cart and complete the order, they mumbled something and repeated it's out of stock. I pull up the website and it's still available (where it should say out of stock or unavailable) and I add it to my cart again just to see if it works. It does.

I tell them it's still in stock online. They put me on hold for five minutes. They come back and say it's out of stock and that's why my order didn't complete because it's out of stock. They then tell me to just cancel my order, and redo a new one. I ask how I can do that if it's just "secretly" out of stock ? "May I place you on hold for a moment ?" Comes back a few minutes later and says there must've been an error because I used paypal and it's paypal's fault. She says they don't accept paypal. At this point I'm making meme like wtf faces and I tell them they absolutely accept paypal, because wtf it's right next to the checkout thing on the site and it all functions like it would on any other site.

I say they absolutely DO use paypal. "May I place you on hold for a moment?" After another 20 minutes of repeating myself and having them not understand a word I'm saying, I just cancel the order and remake the same one despite it being "out of stock (lol no)" and now that it finally shipped, they sent the two items I ordered together in the same order, in two separate deliveries lol. Wtf is even happening over there. They sent me an email survey asking about my experience, and trying to fill it out gives you errors on every page of it. Feel even worse for all the people that have tried to use their credit for online orders though. Apparently they'll just take the money and never place the order.

MOTHGOD

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Buttfuck Nowhere
I ordered a switch online on Black Friday and got it yesterday. Ami I supposed to get the $50 gift card in the box with it or a digital code for it in an email?

OP
OP
Gilbals

Gilbals

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered a switch online on Black Friday and got it yesterday. Ami I supposed to get the $50 gift card in the box with it or a digital code for it in an email?
That's what I got as a gift. The 50 buck Giftcard and 60 buck appeasment if it was the MK8 bundle came in an email

Tomma18

Banned
May 29, 2018
UPDATE: They also sent an appeasement I just got good for one 60 dollar digital download. < = 60 bucks. I enter that, and it doesn't work because it applies the discount AFTER tax is calculated, meaning you can't get any 60 dollar game.

Can't you just pay the difference with another form of payment, or do they not allow split payments?