• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sonic eating chilli dogs

• fucked up

Votes: 113 19.7%
  • this is fine

Votes: 460 80.3%

• Total voters

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Sonic was essentially test marketed by a boardroom to be what they thought what circa-1991 kids considered to be cool. The chili dog things makes sense from that angle.

It's like the Ninja Turtles and pizza.

Wehl ackshually the chili dog thing started in one of the western cartoons a few years later, so it's kinda unrelated to his origin.

We just gonna gloss over all the shit Mario chows down on that still has blinking, cognizant eyes, muthafucka?

That guy's a fucking stooge of the royal family. Imperialist scum. He has no beliefs to contradict.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Who wants serious stories out of this franchise? That's literally never something I've heard. People just want fun, fast, fluid gameplay.

...you uh, you new on the internet? Because uh, the answer is alot, it's why adventure era stuff is popular

Sonic also works with paramilitary government agencies and shit.
I think he is fine with mass produced meat as long you don't go make the pigs into robots before.
According to the sonic lore god no one has worked with gun ever. Apparently it's all coincidence according to iizuka.

On that same token I wonder if anyone ever asked iizuka about the dogs. When they asked him about the moon and why after sa2 it seemed whole, he simply said "it turned around". I'm kinda curious what weird simply answer he would give

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
This reads like one of those PETA ads I see on twitter sometimes.

I'm on to you....

Oct 25, 2017
According to the sonic lore god no one has worked with gun ever. Apparently it's all coincidence according to iizuka.

On that same token I wonder if anyone ever asked iizuka about the dogs. When they asked him about the moon and why after sa2 it seemed whole, he simply said "it turned around". I'm kinda curious what weird simply answer he would give
tenor.gif

Is there any part of this franchise that isn't weird as hell, jeez

I just always thought they were like veggie dogs
latest

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
...you uh, you new on the internet? Because uh, the answer is alot, it's why adventure era stuff is popular

Obviously it's like Assassination classroom where after a while it collapsed in on itself and became a sphere again

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
One of Mario's best friends (well, I assume they're friends) is a mushroom. Princess Peach might be one too for all I know. And he flattens bad ones and eats others to gain super powers and gain the ability to resurrect himself. And the mushrooms that he eats have eyes.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Sonic is famously "100% Medically Accurate!" It says so on the box, before the blurb about his continuous digestive system.

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017

I should clarify that this is (mostly) from the outside looking in, having really only played Sonic Mania, but I've literally never heard anyone praising the story in these games. But hey, you do you.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They actually made it canon in the games? Eww. That Sonic cartoon needs to be completely forgotten.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Where and how was it ever established that Sonic even eats chili dogs, let alone that they're his favorite food?

And what's with the implication that you have to be vegan to care about animal conversation and/or other environmental issues?

Lastly, you do know hedgehogs are carnivorous, right?

Village

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Is there any part of this franchise that isn't weird as hell, jeez

latest
Fake news

They actually made it canon in the games? Eww. That Sonic cartoon needs to be completely forgotten.
There are details that sonic team likes that they make canon every once in a while. For example, Sonic X introduced the idea of shadow having inhibitor rings and he's actually holding back everytime he fights. They like that idea and they took it. They keep extra media its own thing, but every once in a while they like something and snatch it. Like..stick's whole character.

Obviously it's like Assassination classroom where after a while it collapsed in on itself and became a sphere again
Huh, was assasination classroom any good. That was a jump manga I just missed

I should clarify that this is (mostly) from the outside looking in, having really only played Sonic Mania, but I've literally never heard anyone praising the story in these games. But hey, you do you.
The stories is weird fun goofy stuff that takes itself seriously. And that's where the fun and the coolness comes in. There's been a cry for that after the recent direction of self deprivation + not actually improving the games quality to justify the self deprivation sort of wore off. Not judging you or nothing.

Its why the sonic comics do so well, people want to see these intersting characters be in intersting stories. The characters being more...characters is actually seperates sonic apart from a lot of other platfomer characters. And it sucks with that and various other things the sonic franchise has not been able to realize the power they have.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chili dogs are delicious and Sonic has good taste. I can't imagine why eating chili dogs would make him an anti-environmentalist.

I sure hope this isn't the newest "what weak reason can we drum up to criticize Sonic now" thing. Let's just be a little less Era about it.

Odrion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
you got a very good point op. there's a cognitive dissonance to being a caretaker of wildlife and a lifestyle that enables the death and destruction of countless animals and it's a crazy coincidence that the mascot who specializes in rescuing animals (and exclusively hurting robots) would also be the only mascot who's a big meat eater.

actually that makes him the ideal mascot of american nihilistic leftism. indeed sonic, there's no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
More fucked that Mario eats mushrooms then pals around with Toad, Princess Peach (formerly Princess Toadstool) and the rest like it's nothing. He just ate mini-me versions of Toad, ffs! How do we not know that Mario isn't cannibalising and having a feast of Toads with Luigi and Wario when the rest are not looking?

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
More fucked that Mario eats mushrooms then pals around with Toad, Princess Peach (formerly Princess Toadstool) and the rest like it's nothing. He just ate mini-me versions of Toad, ffs! How do we not know that Mario isn't cannibalising and having a feast of Toads with Luigi and Wario when the rest are not looking?
Peach and the Toads eat mushrooms in the games they are playable. That is, if we assume power ups are eaten and not just absorbed.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Peach and the Toads eat mushrooms in the games they are playable. That is, if we assume power ups are eaten and not just absorbed.

Yeah, Mario converted them to his cause for mass genocide. Just think, those little mushrooms are trying to get away from them and still lose their lives, whilst Mario and the rest gains theirs. It's a dog eat dog world out there!

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Hedgehogs are omnivores and eat other creatures.

Sonic isn't saving those animals because he likes them he's protecting his food source.