• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sonic eating chilli dogs

• fucked up

Votes: 113 19.7%
  • this is fine

Votes: 460 80.3%

• Total voters

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
gamercat_229.gif

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
I dread to think what they're doing to his innards. What happens if he tries to blow out a fart and it comes out a slippy? At his speed?

LuciusAxelrod

Oct 25, 2017
All of his little animal friends can't be vegetarian, right? What happens when a carnivorous animal friend eats another animal friend? Do they get put on trial for murder?

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Sonic only cares about woodland creatures. As far as he's concerned, farm animals are degenerate sub-animals without rights and worthy only of contempt. Sonic the Hedgehog is a racist.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
He was trying to be the cool guy in his day. He needed a popular food. Pizza was taken by turtles in this era, Burgers were labeled fatguy and lethargic foods and decided would not make him cool and relatable so much as laughable, so Chili dog won out in design circles as it was a popular thing with everyone with no stigma.
Not fucked up in the least. Just a marketing trend. Cool characters had to be relatable and went for popular foods.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
The chili dogs thing wasn't actually even canon for a really long time. I believe Generations was the first game to acknowledge it, thereby putting us on this wacky ride for which there is only despair and sadness at journey's end.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
People who eat animals probably wouldn't support scientists turning them into cybernetic kill-bots. Sonic is the same.

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
Ninja Turtles eat pizza. Are we going to question that, too, all of a sudden? I mean, they're ninjas so technically they should avoid materialistic desires altogether.

ImaLawy3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Sega did the right thing and made Sonic different. I don't think its fucked up at all. It give Sonic some much needed character.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really, really love chili dogs. So I just don't have the heart to be upset about it

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
The important thing, I think, is that Sonic doesn't try to force others to eat chili dogs to clear his troubled conscience. He knows it is his own private sin