• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sonic eating chilli dogs

• fucked up

Votes: 113 19.7%
  • this is fine

Votes: 460 80.3%

• Total voters

SuperL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Sonic was essentially test marketed by a boardroom to be what they thought what circa-1991 kids considered to be cool. The chili dog things makes sense from that angle.

It's like the Ninja Turtles and pizza.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sonic only cares about his outward image, and saving animals is hot right now. The fast blue hedgehog has no morals deep down.

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic also works with paramilitary government agencies and shit.
I think he is fine with mass produced meat as long you don't go make the pigs into robots before.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Chili dogs are nasty, my guy should be downing beef sandwiches dipped in beef juice with some hot peppers for ultimate indulgence.
Who wants serious stories out of this franchise? That's literally never something I've heard. People just want fun, fast, fluid gameplay.
And in the absence of that, we've resorted to talking about Sonic's diet.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I never thought about it (someone show Sonic one of those slaughterhouse videos).

All I know is whenever I think about Sonic and chili dogs (which thankfully isn't often), I'll all of a sudden have a MIGHTY CRAVING for them. So... thanks for that OP. I have to add some stuff my my grocery list for my next trip.

man... making chili makes such a mess in the kitchen... :(

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Sonic comes from a era in which every video game had Coke cans, chocolate bars and other candy as as point system, chili dogs is ain't so bad.

Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
They might be tofu, bruh.

I mean, tofu dogs are nasty as fuck, and I can only imagine how shitty a tofu dog with vegetarian chili might taste, but nah, not fucked up.

Of course it is. The real sin in that pic is not melting it though, which is what it's for.

American cheese is mostly vegetable oil, which probably explains why it tastes like shit and has the texture of slime.

Oct 27, 2017
Hedgehogs are vicious insectivores, they eat an kind of bug that moves, although they also eat other stuff.

So yeah, hot dogs or not, Sonic is no vegan. But I can see this being the next big ERA thread "should Sonic's canon be changed so he's a vegan in the next game?"

qa_engineer

Dec 27, 2017
tofurkey dogs with veggie chili or an impossible dog with impossible chili (pretty sure impossible foods is working on this now).

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
This thread is rather ridiculous, but I really can't respect the idea that eating meat makes you anti-environmentalist.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I bet Boom Sonic eats vegan chili dogs, he seems like a pretty chill guy.

No idea with Modern and Classic Sonic, though. I mean, I'm not even sure if Classic Sonic's world has humans besides Robotnik, or if anyone there can even talk, so it's not like anyone's going to call him out on it.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't the chili dog thing a direct (or indirect) reference to the Sonic restaurant?

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Sonic is sophisticated. His favorite food is an actual meal, unlike those other losers who are complacent eating lonely fruit all day. Sonic strives for better because he knows he's worth it.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Who wants serious stories out of this franchise? That's literally never something I've heard. People just want fun, fast, fluid gameplay.
Probably cause you haven't been paying attention. I want serious stories and so do a lot of people.

Doesn't help that Sonic Team thinks Forces counts. And by serious it means to take the writing process seriously

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sonic represents the majority of people. Fighting for a cause, yet has a weakness produced by said problem.

We all have our little double-standards. :P

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
I mean it's fucked up in the same way it's fucked up that humans still eat meat. So I voted for its fucked up

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, how did I never realize this before

Mushrooms in Mario have faces and move on their own. And you eat them. If anything, this deserves its own thread instead of one about Sonic and chili dogs.
And you break apart the ones who have been turned into bricks:
G7IsR.png

Though I guess they are okay because they reward you when you do so:
blocks.png