• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
In brief:
  • New co-production with Tolima, a Brussels based studio founded this year. PR gives 0 clue about the the game will be and my hot minute of googling Tolima gave nothing.
  • Vampyr sold 2 million copies, 8 million free downloads on the Epic Games Store. "Biggest financial success to date alongside LIFE IS STRANGE 1."
  • TWIN MIRROR underperformed despite Epic's money (1 year exclusivity deal) : 75% of the cost was covered.
  • 8 games now in production (2 externals with Tolima & PortaPlay, the rest in-house). All are due between this year and 2025.
  • I think it was known, but the co-production with Focus Ent. announced in 2018 will be an action-RPG. Still no date. Probably 2023.
  • DONTNOD Montreal will be handling multiple projects in the future (as of now, they are working on a narrative game led by part of the Life is Strange team).
Sources (PR) :
- DONTNOD PURSUES ITS EXTERNAL PUBLISHING STRATEGY THROUGH A NEW CO-PRODUCTION
- 2021 BUSINESS REVIEW AND DEVELOPMENT OUTLOOKS

cursed beef

Jan 3, 2021
has dontnod announced a game recently? i feel like they're always announcing partnerships without showing anything

Oct 27, 2017
This might be a contractual thing with Microsoft, but it looks like they will never make any comment about Tell Me Why in their report.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
I really want a tell me why 2, it feel like this game doesn't exist. I m kinda sad about it.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
That studio is so new, that it was officially registered yesterday. Seems like the founder has one indie game published on Steam.

Oct 20, 2021
I really want a tell me why 2, it feel like this game doesn't exist. I m kinda sad about it.
Don't really know how I feel about that game. The atmosphere was amazing, they really nailed the setting. But the story was so boring and uneventful. Shame. I do hope they'll land another hit. I have high hopes for the game from the Life is strange team.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Don't really know how I feel about that game. The atmosphere was amazing, they really nailed the setting. But the story was so boring and uneventful. Shame. I do hope they'll land another hit. I have high hopes for the game from the Life is strange team.
I really loved it, i really like the weekly épisode, WE don't have to wait , and for me the pacing was good with only three épisode.
It was my favorite "life is strange " before true colours !

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I know Tolima from the Colombian department, it's intreresing to see a studio have that name

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Woah. That's a lot of games. Also, surprising to hear that Vampyr was the biggest financial success. Huh. But very cool to hear.

Interested to see what this era of DONTNOD looks like.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Woah. That's a lot of games. Also, surprising to hear that Vampyr was the biggest financial success.

it's probably the best thing they've made that could be considered mainstream. remeber me was crap. and everything else has sat firmy in that niche "interactive story" genre.

tbh the amount of games in production is worrying me slightly. we all know how things went with telltale. and personally i'm a bit done with the interactive story games anyway, so hopefully they have something more in-line with vampyr up their sleeve