• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Gamekult mentioned during their PC Gaming Show coverage and in this article [FR] but DONTNOD now confirms it with heir own press release. The game was supposed to be three episodes long.

The psychological thriller is coming out later this year on PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One™

June 15, 2020. DONTNOD Entertainment, an independent French studio that creates and develops video games, is delighted to unveil a new teaser for its narrative video game Twin Mirror™, the first game self-published by the studio. Premiering exclusively during the PC Gaming Show held on June 13, this teaser features the complex character of Sam Higgs in a new adventure from the studio, renowned for its multiple award-winning series Life is Strange™.

In co-production with Shibuya Productions and building on its partnership with Epic Games for the distribution of Twin Mirror™, DONTNOD is accelerating the implementation of its development strategy towards more self-publishing and co-production. To further meet the expectations of the community and fans of narrative adventure games, the experience has been completely redesigned to allow players to enjoy this psychological thriller without interruption. Originally planned as an episodic game, Twin Mirror™ will be released in a single full experience in 2020.

Watch the teaser: https://youtu.be/q6JXGqSJh5E

Sam Higgs was done with Basswood, West Virginia, but it seems it wasn't done with him. When the former investigative journalist returns to his hometown to say a final farewell to his best friend, it soon becomes clear that there are more chapters to be written in his troubled history.

Forced to confront his past, Sam finds himself torn between reconnecting with his loved ones and using his unique intellectual abilities to uncover the town's dark secrets. But how do you know who to trust when you're not even sure you can trust yourself?

As his investigation progresses, Sam will uncover a web of intrigue that winds through Basswood's evocative locations and draws in its colorful residents. The same deductive reasoning and memory visualization skills that made Sam such an accomplished investigative journalist can help him untangle this mystery and unlock the truth buried deep within his unique mind.

Every decision, every interaction, every discovery will influence the direction of Sam's investigation and ultimately determine how much of himself he's willing to sacrifice. There are no right or wrong answers – Each player will live a truly unique experience tailored by their very own decisions.

Twin Mirror™ is the first title self-published by DONTNOD and co-produced with Shibuya Productions. The digital PC version of the game will be exclusively available on the Epic Games Store for one year. For the console version of the game, DONTNOD is once again partnering with BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, in charge of distributing the game on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One™.

Twin Mirror™ will release this year on PlayStation®4, Xbox One™ and PC.

Don't miss the latest news about Twin Mirror, follow the game on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Very curious to see this game. Has there been any new footage or screenshots?
I imagine it'll look a good bit different than the last time we saw it now.

Also what's going on with their Xbox Exclusive? Isn't that supposed to come out this summer?

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind episodic releases, but all in one is even better.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Hopefully it's a good mix of action, narrative and memory puzzles.

I like DontNoD, but I prefer Remember Me and Vampyr to straight-up narrative adventures like LiS.

Oct 30, 2017
FUCKING YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I Hope the episodic trend dies for good and we stick always with full experienced games released at once <3333333333333333

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
FUCKING YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I Hope the episodic trend dies for good and we stick always with full experienced games released at once <3333333333333333

hey episodic format is not really that bad.
Actually some little changes can be made between episodes by the dev.
(ex: Kate in Life is Strange ).

Oct 31, 2017
The wait between episodes just ends up annoying me to the point that I just wait until they're all out.

Last edited:

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I actually like episodic games because I enjoy the pacing and nature of each episode having a very clear message, but I understand why Dontnod is moving away from it after LiS2.

Sakashima

Mar 28, 2018
Glad they finally get it : not all narrative games should be episodic (especially long drawn-out formats).

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very curious to see this game. Has there been any new footage or screenshots?
I imagine it'll look a good bit different than the last time we saw it now.

Also what's going on with their Xbox Exclusive? Isn't that supposed to come out this summer?
If it's not mentioned in any press going to assume COVID had a severe impact on production. 2021?

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
I like being able to see everyone's choices in-between episodes but gotta admit that release schedule for LiS2 might've been a bit much.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
WHat did they change there?

They can't do a lot of stuffs because well,it takes time but they can change some little things in the script there and there.

So they added the hospital scene in episode 4.It wasn't in the script,but they saw that Kate was popular among the fans so..

In LiS 2 they also do some little changes.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
They can't do a lot of stuffs because well,it takes time but they can change some little things in the script there and there.

So they added the hospital scene in episode 4.It wasn't in the script,but they saw that Kate was popular among the fans so..

In LiS 2 they also do some little changes.

Ahhh

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
So DontNod are making two games? This one and Tell Me Why?

they're working on a lot of projects:
FVXJeFc.png

But yeah they will release two games this year.

edit: oh project 7 will be also self-published....interesting.

Last edited:

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Great news. I tend to wait to binge. Not a fan of episodic anymore.

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
So DontNod are making two games? This one and Tell Me Why?

If I remember correctly, it's not the same team. I remember reading that Twin Mirror was made by the team previously known as DONTNOD Eleven (which was named HeSaw, before it was bought by and integrated in DONTNOD Entertainment).

I might be entirely wrong (so someone correct me if I'm wrong), but as far as we know, there is ex-DONTNOD Eleven/ex-HeSaw working on Twin Mirror, Paris-based DONTNOD Entertainment working on Tell Me Why and the Viking game with Focus, and another new IP at the new Montréal Studio.

Can't wait, I love this studio, and have been following their output since their inception (but I'm not the most well-versed in what happens internally, obvs).