• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DONTNOD Entertainment just released a PR of their first earning results as a public company. It's all in French and no english PR will likely be released so I'll translate all the good bits of it.

https://www.dontnod-bourse.com/fr/i...s/communiques-de-presse.html?ID=ACTUS-0-55767

- Consolidated revenue is up +5% compared to H1 2017, going from 4.4M€ to 4.7M€.
- Operating income is massively down from +1617K€ in H1 2017 to -607K€ in H1 2018. This is due to them now having five teams in full scale production.
- Net result is of -1033K€ in H1 2018 versus +1101K€ in H1 2017.
- Overall it's going as they expected it. They're suffering losses because of game development costs and with most of their games releasing toward the end of their semester (note that DONTNOD fiscal year goes from January 1st to June 30th, then July 1st to December 31st).

- Going public went very well from them. They've now got a capital of 31.6M€ with 27.7M€ available cash.

- Second semester is expected to bring significant revenue with the continuated sales of Vampyr (which had an excellent launch in June). They confirm again that the game is going to release on Switch as well to reach a broader demographic.
- Life is Strange 2 Episode 1 is off to an excellent start. They also mention the Metacritic score of 82+ and how it's superior to the first game, which makes them expect a big commercial success.
- The team is pursuing development of Twin Mirror for Bandai Namco to release in 2019. It will be separated in three episodes to ensure longterm sales.

- Finally, Project 6, 7 and 8 are still planned for 2020 to 2022. Project 6 is made for an unnamed publisher.

Last edited:

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, so Life is Strange 2 is doing well after all?

UnZcKlX.gif

Good for Dontnod, glad to hear it. This thread was a downer for people who are fans of the series.
Before the Storm and Season 2?
Deck Nine was responsible for Before the Storm.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
When is LiS2 episode 2 coming out?

Waiting for another ep or 2 and maybe a slight price slash ($30 is fine) before jumping in.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
One should be at least somewhat cautious with that drop. Having said that, I'm glad to hear that their plans are going as expected.
Personally, Vampyr didn't excite me very much but the studio, in general, has a lot of potential.
LiS Season 1 was extremely good, personally. I haven't tried Season 2 yet because I'm waiting for all the episodes to come out first.
I bought the season pass though.
I hope everything goes well for them.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Just finished up Vampyr recently. It's a flawed gem, I'd love to see a sequel that improved on the mechanics present. Glad to see Dontnod is doing well.

Turnabout Sisters

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
whoa whoa whoa I was under the impression that LiS2 and Vampyr were total flops. I'm ecstatic to hear that they did well.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
i'm surprised by vampyr. iirc there were discounts at launch or very close to launch in the us.

happy for them though. still in for lis2 and their alan wake looking game.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nice. Vampyr was a solid game, just a shame the last third was shit.

Life Is Strange 2 Ep1 was pretty darn good too. Better start than S1.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Dontnod keep up with these small, but inventive projects. Love how creative they can be even in these smaller scale projects.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Life is Strange 2 doing well makes me happy. Hopefully the rest of the season is a success.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
whoa whoa whoa I was under the impression that LiS2 and Vampyr were total flops. I'm ecstatic to hear that they did well.

Vampyr is a success? Interesting

i'm surprised by vampyr. iirc there were discounts at launch or very close to launch in the us.

happy for them though. still in for lis2 and their alan wake looking game.

Who knew a modestly budgeted, creative game could be a success? Remarkable in today's AAA landscape.

November 2017 - [Publisher] Focus [Home Interactive]: "Vampyr will be considered a success when around 1m copies are sold"
with the following quote:
What are your sales expectations for the title?
"It is always very difficult to make forecasts with a brand new IP. The game benefits from a solid budget, superior to most independent video games, however it is not a blockbuster, whose budget would be over €50m. From our investment, it will be considered a success when around a million copies are sold, but it will only need half of that to be profitable. These are numbers we now reach and exceed regularly with most our games. Vampyr benefits from strong recognition and expectations, which will only increase over the coming weeks. It has everything it needs to become a nice surprise on the market."

July 2018 - Vampyr sells over 450,000 copies one month after launch

So the game has already paid itself back.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
5 studios?

i thought there were only 3 teams (Remember me/Vampyr, Life is Strange,Twin Mirror) ?

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
It's great they are doing so well. I liked Vampyr a lot and hope we get a sequel.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Vampyr is quietly one of the more interesting games this year so it's nice to see both that and Life is Strange 2 on the path to success.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm glad LiS 2 is doing well. The first episode was pretty great and I love how they took a risk on something very different compared to LiS 1. Very excited for the next ep.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Vampyr set up a really interesting mythos.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing that expanded on and improvement to the combat.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
- Operating income is massively down from +1617K€ in H1 2017 to -607K€ in H1 2018. This is due to them now having five studios in full scale production.

5 studios?

i thought there were only 3 teams (Remember me/Vampyr, Life is Strange,Twin Mirror) ?
Yeah LordKano , it's 5 teams afaik, not 5 studios (I believe they have only 2).
reflète principalement une montée en charge des jeux en développement accompagnée de la structuration de 5 équipes de production.